WRITTEN BY INAGADADAVIDA

Folks, I do not intend to whoop a dead horse here. I know there are some of us here who will not vote for Paul. I have been flirting with the ranks of those who will not vote for any other. (I have reserved the notion of voting straight ticket, so I can click my heels together three times and say that I didn’t vote for another RINO disaster) Still others indicate that they will, once again, “hold their nose and vote for Anybody But Obama.”

Newt is exactly what his name says- a cold-blooded amphibian with no real principles. He has serious baggage to carry the “party of family values” banner. Romney is another New England soft-and-scquzzy moderate, what we in the South call a “Democrat.” The architect of Obamacare, for crying out loud. Arguably, the most conservative mainstream candidate remaining is Santorum[[1]]. His rise in recent polls may reflect this, or it may just be because of carrying less baggage.

As Santorum seems to rise, I’ve been learning more about him. I was starting to warm to him a bit, thinking that he may rise to “acceptable” as an alternate candidate. Until I was reminded why I usually skip breakfast:

I got involved with the Tea Party for three (count ‘em, 3) reasons:

-Constitutionally Limited Government
-Fiscal Responsibility
-Free Markets

Since the PATMYCROTCH Act, and NDAA, Homeland Security, etc., those beliefs probably get me my own satellite, or at least an FBI agent. And these bogus laws have come from both “sides.” As Patrick Buchanan says, “The left and right wings- of the same buzzard.” On top of this, the Federal Reserve which controls our worthless Dollar has openly announced its intent of devaluing our currency by 33% over the next 20 years[[2]]. Save much, y’all? Lookin’ forward to retirement are we?

Let me talk about something else- the so-called “electability issue.” News flash- a whole lot of people just think that there’s no difference, or (probably correctly) that they’re all out to screw us. Who among us here really thinks that the government can “do something” about the predicament we are in, other than get out of the way and let the (truly) free markets restore us to prosperity? I found out just the other day that my own baby sister is not registered to vote. My dear grandmother never voted in her life. In fact, about 40% of the American electorate doesn’t bother[[3]]. Think that statistic applies to Acorn? To dead New Orleans residents? To illegal immigrants? Why not try someone who is not a traditional politician? I’ve seen (can’t find it right off) polls that say Paul could even capture 20% of registered Democrats, and we know he motivates his followers. Give ‘em someone who is different.

I also realize that some of us have problems with Paul’s foreign policy. After all, we are the WorldCops™ and with good reason! Right? Reasons like, so South Korea can expand its manufacturing base and sell us Kias and stuff while we pay to defend the world? Nuclear Iran- ok, having a Physics background with an interest in big things that go “boom,” and being a casual student of History, I feel qualified to throw out some observations there.

First, Iran seems to be, from all accounts, skipping the first phase of nuclear weapons development (15-25kt yield), in favor of heading straight to phase 2 (150kt yield). The Physics are already well-established. They are developing the appropriate delivery systems. Even if they get 6 or 12 of these, that is simply not enough, by itself, to “wipe Israel off the face of the Earth.” Not close. 98% of Israelis will still need a plug-in electric night light. (reference to making the place a glass-paved, self-lighted parking lot)

Second, I don’t pretend to know who or what or when, but if we wait long enough we will see nuclear weapons used- oh, wait, I was right- 1945! Any doubt, look up a fella named Hiram Maxim, who developed the weapon so terrible that no one would ever think of using it. And we are irritating the Chinese and Russians, who are better armed than Iran ever will be, with our sanctions on their trading partner. Trading with those countries pretty much makes our sanctions irrelevant anyway. Think the Chinese won’t get oil from anywhere they can (*cough*cough*GulfOfMexicoandCanadahem*)?

Some of you say that four more years of Obama will be the end- game over. I would ask you, how many years of Mittens would it take? Will we still be able to fight by then? Will we still have any notion of Liberty after 8 years of Noot? Will the Republican brand be so tarnished by then that people will be willing to try the Socialist Party as an alternative to the Democrats?

We are all clamboring for a “real alternative.” AWD himself has ridiculed anyone who would take a pocketknife to the Federal government, claiming that it requires a chain saw. And the last few “Republicans” haven’t really done much for us, either. Time for a generational change? I give the man a chance…

[[1]] http://www.scribd.com/doc/79401057/GOP-Caucus-and-Compilation-of-Congressional-Statistics-by-Sandra-Jordan-Robles
[[2]] http://www.forbes.com/sites/charleskadlec/2012/02/06/the-federal-reserves-explicit-goal-devalue-the-dollar-33/
[[3]] http://elections.gmu.edu/Turnout_2008G.html

Ok, start bashing me now.

1. Ricky boy comes from a long line of Communists so his disdain for the United States Constitution and Bill of Rights should come as no surprise.

Italian Relatives Tell Magazine That Santorum‘s Grandfather and Uncles Were ’Red Communists’

2. Bloodless Coup says:

Why Doesn’t Anybody Seem To Care That Obama Can’t Pass An E-Verify Check?

3. Bloodless Coup says:

Here is a must watch video

What If Barack Obama Is A Traitor?

4. Ron Paul makes a lot of sense except I don’t agree with his opine on Iran.

Sooner or later someone’s going to have to deal severely with them, and I expect it will probably be Israel.
    China and Russia may decide to retaliate against Israel unless US stands firm for Israel.

I don’t think those two would risk war with America but I could be wrong.

However, if Ron Paul won the nomination, I’ll sure as hell vote for him.

• inagadadavida says:

Tazz, I understand. But “someone’s going to have to…, and I expect it will probably be Israel.”
      Who better? Even though they are our biggest single recipient of foreign aid in the Mideast, the others (who are much less friendly) get more total in aid from us. Our “aid” chains them to our foreign policy. I say, keep a strong alliance with ’em and let ’em have at it if they feel like.

BTW- anybody else see that joint US-Israel anti-missile defense system test this morning? BOOM-shaka-shaka!

Yes, that’s right- we are working with them in developing defense technologies. They are the only Mideast country from whom we purchase weapons.

• Hippie Ripper says:

Inagada,
        I agree that probably no one is better situated to ‘handle it’ than Israel. But please keep in mind things like their Mossad agents posing as our CIA, etc, to manipulate outcomes (things like that might indeed leave us holding the bag), and (admittedly old) situations like that 1960s incident where their Air Force attacked a US ship and killed a number of sailors – which they denied…
        I dunno. It’s complicated, at the least. And I hope old issues don’t recur. But keep in mind that Israel has an “Israel First” mindset….We need a “US First” mindset. That we bankroll their entire economy means less to them than it does to us !!! (i.e.- if they are ever wiped out, how does that impact us, when we fought the Frist Gulf War and the Iraq war – Bush’s war – COMPLETELY without them ??)
        Just food for thought… I’m startin’ to wonder about Israel being our first line of defense in the ME, anymore.

H.Ripper
        “Get a haircut…Hippie!”

• Ripper, you don’t seriously believe that Israel wimped out on the Gulf Wars and should have been militarily involved? In the case of 1991 that’s exactly what Saddam tried to do with the SCUD attacks on Israel. Getting Israel involved would have fractured the Coalition, exactly what Saddam wanted. And in 2003, there is NO WAY isareli involvement would have been politically acceptable. And don’t forget Israel stopped Saddam’s nuke bomb project cold in the early 80’s when they bombed the Osirik reactor – and they had to fly the “long way” around to avoid our AWACS in Saudi Arabia.

• Hippie Ripper says:

JB5,
            Yep, I understand your points…and respect ’em…

It is certainly true that SCUDs were fired at Israel and under pressure from us, they exercized restraint. But as to whether they should have (the old ‘shoulda-coulda-woulda’ second guessing:), as a 20+ yr military man with a deep interest in history, I can say Yes, they had every right to get into it ONCE THEY WERE ATTACKED.
            As far as it embroiling the entire Mid-East, well…here’s my thoughts:
            1) There are no “alliances” among Arab countries there is only convenience and self-interest. If you think there are, for starters watch the old film Lawrence of Arabia. (and read between the lines). They do not trust one another, and they haven’t anywhere near the deep ties that bind some other nations (ex: US, Britan, and Australia). Its all Tribalism over there, even within countries.
            2) If Israel had gotten into the fray, and it had indeed escalated, it was 20 yrs ago…and maybe all the mess we’ve been in since would have been settled then. Of course I’m ‘second-guessing’ …but I can’t help but wonder.
            Half measures so often just don’t work. I don’t advocate warfare a reflexive solution to things, but it does sorta act as humanities “reset button” – intended or not..
            Cheers,
            H. Ripper

• I certainly agree that the Israeli’s could have retaliated. No question. The SCUD’s were a clear case of casus belli if there ever was one. I’m glad they didn’t, the shitfight we would have been in with our “allies” would not have been worth it.

And as you know, “nations don’t have friends, only interests”, and the arab is no different. Tribe is all important for him, and tribe will almost always trump anything else. One area where there is no difference is that they all hate Israel. If Israel had of attacked “brother Arabs” they would have put aside any other differences and the coalition would have been dead.

Even arabs in the coalition still kinda thought saddam was ok, except he was being bad for business. That they didn’t like. But they were concerned enough for him that they effectively vetoed any regime change by us back in ’91.

We should have told them to shove it and finished the job.

But we didn’t want to make them mad and charge us $30 per barrel of oil….

Anyway, my 20 in a blue suit taught me major ground wars are useless (yes, I know you need boots on the ground to hold an area, but I’m not interested in that, they can have their shitholes), my ideal would be a proper nuclear deterrent where we actually, occasionally, delivered instant sunshine to those that deserved it.

Once or twice would all it would take for the bad guys to know where serious. Do not piss us off. Of course, that would mean someone with real balls in the WH, and there aint no one with those that I can see.

5. Right now I feel like I’m on a roller coaster. One day I’m for Rick the next I’m for the crazy uncle guy Ron (mainly out of principle). The one thing I am sure of is ABO.
    OT; Ol’ Rahm is kickin it in high gear, saw this over at Gateway Pundit;http://www.thegatewaypundit.co.....n-the-u-s/

6. …And, Under the how I wish it could be choice;http://www.thegatewaypundit.co.....-be-video/ Have I mentioned that I love women with the name Sarah? Well at least two; Mrs Palin and my daughter (the Marine).

7. Ron Paul, he’s the only real choice.

8. Enoch Powell says:

I agree with you up to a point. Obama is so evil, corrupt and incompetent that the Republican leadership can run its most useless tools of the bankers and racial advocacy groups, and people will continue to buy the betrayal they’ve been selling for decades. We have to stop buying what they’re selling and loud public repudiation of the Republican Party’s candidates AND Obma by huge numbers of real Americans would be a game changer. None of them would have a rubber stamp and everyone would know why.

And as much as I admire much of what Ron Paul says about the economy and foreign policy, he still ain’t the guy. He’s a complete traitor on immigration and immigration is the most dangerous existential threat to the U.S. It’s very late and we are almost beyond the pale. Half the U.S. is now composed of third-world savages. Any solution to that will have to be draconian and ugly. But we have to start now and Ron Paul is just another coward and traitor on immigration. Free movement of labor across meaningless borders is not a free market. It is a hostile invasion that is destroying the U.S.

There is no one to vote for in the presidential race. It’s time to do something drastic and refuse to rubber stamp our own betrayal and dispossession. The government is our enemy.

9. Ron Paul is NOT the high you’re looking for. Some good ideas, and some lunatic ideas, especially in regards to foreign policy. Like it or not, America is THE ONLY stabilizing influence on the world, and a retreat to isolationalism would not be a good thing. At all.

• Ron Paul is not an isolationist!! He believes in free and fair trade and would first look to diplomacy rather then sending troops to every third world hell hole we can find.

• I am, in fact, talking in military terms. And I’m also not interested in sending ground forces to third world shitholes, see my post above.

10. It’s nice to see a thoughtful post on here instead of the usual knee-jerk Republican establishment neocon view as instructed by Limbaugh and crew.
    Ron Paul is our last chance.

• It’s nice to see a thoughtful post on here instead of the usual knee-jerk Republican establishment neocon view as instructed by Limbaugh and crew. alecta

Really? Yeah, Rush Limbaugh tells me what to think and what to do.

If you read, and I mean really read the comments here for any length of time, you would realize that the majority of posters here do not fall into the ‘Neo-Con’ category.

Get some time on this blog before you go calling folks ‘Neo-Cons’ and robots, ok?

11. I was against RP, then I was for him. Now I am not a supporter of his any longer. It seems that just when I start liking some of the things he says, he goes off the deep end and says something totally crazy.

I don’t see anyone really that is worth voting for. I don’t mean to be pessimistic, but they all fall short of the ‘ideal.’

No, I’m not looking for Ronald Reagan, just a candidate who is what they say they are.

I think there is too much information out there, and we are charged with sifting through it all.

It’s like a house of mirrors. Who is the ‘real’ candidate. The left thought their guy was Obama, they are finding out that they were hoodwinked.

We seem to cheer for whomever is leading in the polls at the moment. That can’t be how we pick our guy can it?

It is no small matter that this election is the most important one of our lifetime. If Obama gets a second term, he will have nothing to lose, and will stop at nothing including turning the ‘Brownshirts’ loose on us to get what he wants.

I think we have to get behind the nominee, whomever that may end up being. I’m not the first one to say this, but it is a must.

Ron Paul has faults, but so do I. If it is a choice between Ron Paul or Obamadinajad, I will vote for Paul.

12. ” I know there are some of us here who will not vote for Paul. I have been flirting with the ranks of those who will not vote for any other.” – INAGADADAVIDA

Stop flirting and get your guy nominated.

Many moderate voters cast ballots for President Obama in 2008 without thoroughly vetting his qualifications.

Barrack Hussein Obama’s platform offered an alternative, he promised to “end politics as usual” and to give us “Hope and Change”. IMO he has failed miserably.

Supporters of Ron Paul contend Libertarians offer alternatives and solutions. So stop trying to spin his weak foreign policy. Barack Obama was elected with a lack of foreign policy, with the exception of the “Bush lied” foreign policy and his BHO apology tour.

The lesson here is Americans are desperate for a leader not a party affiliate.

Make him the GOP leader or get him out of the way.

ps. INAGADADAVIDA Thank you for a well written piece it does not change my mind about Paul, but if he is the GOP nominee he gets my vote.

• inagadadavida says:

Waspish, that’s a good reply. And yes, I will do what I’m able to try to get Paul ahead, including putting my thoughts out for others to chew on. I like your point about leading with the alternatives and solutions, for my part that’s what I try to do.

13. I have gone back and forth over Ron Paul as well. I think he is the only candidate who will bring about actual “change.” But he seems to think that terrorism is not a real concern. He seems to think that the borders of our nation should be ignored. His ideas on foreign policy make me nervous. Same thing. I start to lean toward him…then he says something looney.

I wish he’d shut up and let me like him.

14. As usual, Ron Paul ’08 & ’12. Posted.

15. hahahahaha all the laminations all the tears.Look what a life time of voting for the lesser of two evils gets yea.And now your stuck in a rock and a hard place cant find your way out?dont know were the life jackets are huh?We lost this country along time ago and the really problem is you still dont get it and think that voting still works or has anything to do with this.Be prepared to be let down again bummer huh been living with you people of a lesser of two evils for 30years now and I see no change in the future.

• hahahahaha all the laminations all the tears.

Did you mean lamentations? Thought so.

• Here Abama62 I fixed this for you at no charge.

“Hahahahaha all the lamentations, all the tears!

Look at what a lifetime of voting for the lesser of two evils gets ya. Now you’re stuck in between a rock and a hard place, but cant find your way out, and now you don’t know were the life jackets are huh?

We lost this country a long time ago and the real problem is you still dont get it. You think that voting still works or has anything to do with this.

Be prepared to be let down again, bummer huh?

I’ve been living with you people voting a lesser of two evils for 30 years now, and I see no change in the future.” – Abama62, edited by Waspish

Abama62 Dude you make good points, but I’m crying because when I read your post it makes my eyes bleed.

Ron Paul would have all these black panthers who intimadated voters back in 2008 sent to prison and have ERIC HOLDER indited for FAST & FURIOUS and get us out of this wretched UN

17. I’m sorry, Ron Paul is nucking futs..

18. The only candidate (Obama included) who does NOT strike me as completely pathological is Sanitarium.

Maybe.

19. Ron Paul looks like the uncle you discreetly keep the kids away from at family gatherings…

His supporters at the 2008 Iowa Straw Poll were antagonistic & obnoxious. Its hard to believe that they’re true Republicans.

At the 2012 Poll, they were a bit more civil. However, try as I might, I can’t support him. His foreign policy is terrible-that alone nails it for me. I’m primarily a national security & fiscal responsibility Republican. His foreign policy is irresponsible & his stated intent on restructuring certain agencies strikes as equally irresponsible.

20. I think in the final analysis you have to consider freedom. Obama and all the other candidates see nothing wrong with arresting American citizens and locking them up with no trial for as long as the President wants simply for being associated with any terrorist group.
    Ron Paul even if everything else he does drove the country into a depression would keep our freedom intact and with freedom we can regain our previous dominence but in slavery we will become an oligarchy of corporatism. That means the poor get poorer and the rich get richer and hold down the peasants from getting ahead.
    We would see a massive reduction of regulatory actions and that would spur the economy no doubt.
    The illegal aliens would not get free goodies from the taxpayers and he would do away with birthright citizenship.
    The most important thing about Paul to me though is freedom. I’d rather be poor but free than fed for free as long as I toed the company line.

21. I’d rather be poor but free than fed
    for free as long as I toed the company line.

Agreed, Sir. As Ron Paul often says “Freedom Is Popular.” We are simply following the dictates of our ancestors. In the case of mine, my 6X great was killed in the Tuscarora War serving in the militia, my 3X great saved the flag at Brandywine and my 2X great was KIA at Chancellorsville. Whatever it takes, we need to follow in their footsteps.

22. YOU ARE NOT GOING TO LIKE THIS…

At age 76 when you most need it, you are not eligible for cancer
    treatment

see page 272

What Nancy Pelosi didn’t want us to know until after the healthcare
    bill was passed. Remember she said, “pass it and then read
    it!!.” Here it
    is!

______________________________

Obama Care Highlighted by Page Number

THE CARE BILL HB 3200

JUDGE KITHIL IS THE 2ND OFFICIAL WHO HAS OUTLINED THESE PARTS OF THE
    CARE BILL.

Judge Kithil of Marble Falls, TX – highlighted the
    most egregious pages
    of HB3200

Please read this…….. especially
    the reference to pages 58 & 59

JUDGE KITHIL wrote:

Page 50/section 152: The bill will provide insurance to
    all non-U.S. residents, even if they are here illegally.

Page 58 and 59: The government will have real-time access to an
    individual’s bank account and will have the authority to make
    electronic fund transfers from those accounts.

Page 65/section 164: The plan will be subsidized (by the
    government) for all union members, union retirees and for
    community organizations (such as the Association
    of Community Organizations for Reform Now –
    ACORN).

Page 203/line 14-15: The tax imposed under this section
    will not be treated as a tax. (How could anybody in their
    right mind come up with that?)

Page 241 and 253: Doctors will all be paid the same
    regardless of specialty, and the government will set all
    doctors’ fees.

Page 272. section 1145: Cancer hospital will ration care
    according to the patient’s age.

Page 317 and 321: The government will impose a prohibition on
    hospital expansion; however, communities may petition for an
    exception.

Page 425, line 4-12: The government mandates advance-care
    planning consultations. Those on Social Security will be
    required to attend an “end-of-life planning” seminar every five
    years. (Death counseling..)

Page 429, line 13-25: The government will specify
    which doctors can write an end-of-life order.

HAD ENOUGH???? Judge Kithil then goes on to identify:

“Finally, it is specifically stated that this bill will not apply to
    members of Congress. Members of Congress are already
    exempt from the Social Security system, and have a well-funded
    private plan that covers their retirement needs. If they were on
    our Social Security plan, I believe they would find a very quick
    ‘fix’ to make the plan financially sound for their future.”

– Honorable
    David Kithil of Marble Falls, Texas

All of the above should
    give you the ammo you need to support your opposition to
    Obamacare. Please send this information on to all of your email
    contacts.

23. Obama now mandates troops in Afghanistan must be fired upon to receive combat pay . He has decided it’s no longer a combat zone . Give America a candidate who can defeat this traitorous muslim bastard and lets get rid of John Boehner and the rest of the rinos while were at it .

24. inagadadavida says:

By way of an update, I’ve thought of 3 points to add that I forgot in the original.

1. National Security- isn’t our outrageous debt our greatest National Security threat? RP seems to me to be the only one who will cut spending, and provide us enough freedom to be productive again, to ever be able to pay off the debt.

2. Borders- cut off “birthright citizenship” and benefits for illegals and they will stop coming. No amnesty. Paul is the only one talking about this.

3. Obamacare- while the other candidates are talking about “fixing it” or “repeal and replace”- I, for one, don’t want it “fixed” or “replaced.” I want the Federal government OUT OF HEALTH CARE. Ron Paul!

Good comments all, and part of the reason I wrote this is as a measured opinion because I’m not a “Paulbot,” or (I don’t think) obnoxious about it. Seems I’m getting the same consideration back in the comments. Just good debate.

• inagada…

All good points too…another reason I’ve gone back and forth about Paul too over time.

He just can’t deliver his message well…whereas Rand does, I feel Rand is going to go places on down the line…if ya know what I mean.

25. Ron Paul is the most refreshingly serious candidate for president since Ross Perot. Unfortunately, being out of the mainstream political club will cause him to be crushed like a grape. Paul would tender our resignation as the world’s policeman and free-up billions of dollars for domestic use.