Dudes and Dudettes…this is a perfect example of leftist lunacy…this is their mindset. This time the topic is celebrating our Independence Day. I don’t know if many of you know who this gal is, but she has a two hour show on the week-ends at the msDNC Funny Farm. She also fills in on different segments of other shows there as well. In this segment she includes genocide, imperialism and of course slavery. So, I’ll cut to the chase and display what she states herself… you read, you watch, you decide.

This is via Mediaite:

In what is sure to rankle the feathers of many conservatives, MSNBC weekend host Melissa Harris-Perry took to her show Sunday to ponder the meaning of Independence Day, highlighting mostly the stains on American history. “It’s ours, all of it,” she said. “The imperialism, the genocide, the slavery, also the liberation and the hope and the deeply American belief that our best days still lie ahead of us.”

“Independence Day is more aspirational than actual,” she began her monologue. “We have longed defined the American Dream with commodities, a home of ones own, better education for the kids, family vacation and a car to the vacation in. And if we measure the dream by acquisitions, we’re in trouble. National unemployment remains above 8 percent. Wages have dropped, and the median net worth of American families plummeted by almost 40 percent.”

Harris-Perry noted that “financial security is important, but it’s only an outward manifestation of the American Dream. Freedom itself is both more elusive and more complicated.” She explained that America’s founding wasn’t about profits and loss but that “our founding is an unlikely narrative of young men, so inspired by an age of ideas that they threw off the yoke of colonialism and founded a free nation — men who were embarrassingly imperfect.”

The imperfections she listed: “The land on which they formed this Union was stolen; the hands with which they built this nation were enslaved; the women who birthed the citizens of the nation are second class.”

“But all of this is our story,” she continued. “Each of us benefits from the residuals of oppression and each of us is harmed by the realities of inequality. This is the imperfect fabric of our nation, at times we’ve torn and stained it, and at other moments, we mend and repair it. But it’s ours, all of it: The imperialism, the genocide, the slavery, also the liberation and the hope and the deeply American belief that our best days still lie ahead of us.”

She continued on to explain that her favorite story for this Fourth of July is one of people who are “not technically free.” She described a group of 27 inmates who recently completed their GEDs at the jail on Rikers Island. “Despite being incarcerated, they hold fast to the optimistic belief that education, hard work and second chances are still the stuff of America. And that they have a right to take part in the dream.”

“So on the Fourth of July,” Harris-Perry concluded, “I’m going to think of the Rikers Island graduates, and I’m going to wave a flag without hesitation — not because I’ve forgotten my nation’s many wrongs, but because I remember them. And I am nonetheless proud of my country, not for its perfection, because the alternative is too grim, the alternative is to give up on the dream of the nation founded in the belief, if not yet the practice that all are created, all deserve freedom, and all have the right to pursue happiness. Now, that is a dream worth celebrating — with fireworks.”

Visit msnbc.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy

So friends…do you have a message for Melissa? I, for one, am sick and tired of this type of tripe! As far as I’m concerned this is another reason we must take the Senate, increase conservatives in the House and replace Dear Leader come November! – What say you?

Fire Away – Inquiring Minds Want to Know!

1. Dave in Texas says:

She can move her ass to Canada.

2. These libtards are appalling…..especially on days like today….their fake concern for the country is more than obvious….I have always said “liberals lie”

Libtards have always said we stole this land…we did not…we conquered these lands….and now these lands are ours…..

Libtards say that it was black hands that built this country…no it wasn’t black hands that built the country…white hands built this country from coast to coast……it was black hands that picked the cotton and that was all…..

These left wing commies like the one’s over at MSNBC have recently tried to usurp the flag and patriotism away from the true patriots of this land “The Right”…..these left wing commies are only faking they care for the country and its fighting forces…….

Their kind of love for the is an obscenity………

They will wrap themselves in the flag for one reason only…to fool Americans into thinking they are patriots when in actuality they hate the country……

Case in point……………

3. eekalouse says:

Never mind that jerk. Happy Birthday America, you
    truly the land of the free and the home of the brave.
    Anyone who doesn’t like it can go to a ” better country”.

• bigtimer says:

I just wished they would do just that…unfortunately, they think they rule it, we must put a stop to that this coming Nov!

4. Dave in Texas says:

Happy 4th everyone. Enjoy the day.

5. bigtimer says:

I don’t mean to be a downer today…but this is a great piece, check it out. ~

6. Homeland Security Report Lists ‘Liberty Lovers’ As Terrorists

A new study funded by the Department of Homeland Security characterizes Americans who are “suspicious of centralized federal authority,” and “reverent of individual liberty” as “extreme right-wing” terrorists.

7. bigtimer says:

I saw this yesterday…This is what Perry and her ilk need to read ~

Of course, knowing the leftists they will ignore this too…it matters not to them.

• Most excellent link, Big. Have printed it off to show my family and have sent the link to several email buddies.

As far as Mizz Harris-Perry is concerned? Ignorant skank. She needs to read some real history books and perhaps some of the Founders’ writings. This twit is a perfect example of my comments yesterday under the Question of the Day. I don’t suffer fools well, and she is definitely a fool.

• bigtimer says:

Thanks Vix…I had that saved to put here today, but others have the subject covered too. I’m glad you passed on the information though.

As to Perry….you said a mouthful!

I’ve got to do a few things at home…have my Question of the Day lined up, had some info. saved from yesterday that pertain to it as well. – Sometimes it gets to be too much with this regime…know what I mean?

• I indeed know what you mean. There are some days I think my head will blow clean off my neck and sail cross country!

• bigtimer says:

Lol…ditto that! – Be back in a bit. (You may want to check the Mia Love thread, AWD just told me it was cross-posted on iOwnTheWorld, I put the link there for others to read the comments there…it put a smile on my face. 😉

Tell her to celebrate EARTHDAY she can scorch a few veggieburgers,ride her stupid bicycle around commune with nature make offerings to GAIA and sit lotus style with her freinds around a tree going OOOOOMMMMMM OOOOOOMMMMM OOOOOOMMMMM we dont need this confermed Ding-Bat,Ding-Dong

9. Nixonfan says:

Luckily for Ms Harris-Perry-Shabazz, there are many non-oppressive countries for her to move to in her excellent motherland, such as Zimbabwe, The Democratic Republic of the Congo, Sudan, Somalia, Uganda and Sierra Leone. Not one African-American or Mexican-American is oppressed there. Indeed, Africa is a paradise for oppressed minorities which is why they all want to immigrate there.

10. Wake up you sickly apologists who REFUSE to read between the lines where the devil DOES unquestionably reside. This is not about the “left”, this IS about race………; the politically correct euphemism being “culture”.

Irish maiden Harris (hyphen) Perry’s not-so-subtle anti-white orated doggerel was a clear call to arms for the continued compartmentilization/extermination of the white race and what is increasingly becoming less and less every day, American culture. Or did you not catch that as you endlessly champion and bend over backwards, actually no, make that bend over and grab your apologist ankles for one supposed “conservative and American values” negro after the other on this forum? I think you didn’t, catch that.

Do you need this? I think so…………

(Actually, it’s not slamming America. Rather working at exterminating the white race.)

Or this………..

Just keep focusing and complaining that your dinner is late in arriving or that the violinist’s D string is fractionally out of tune or you’re complimentary supply of Vinolia is running low as you sit on board the Titanic which is about ten minutes away from hitting the iceberg that you can readily see. Indeed, focus on the unimportant stuff, look the other way and make sure to not read between the lines.

• bigtimer says:

DJ…

Great links, steam comes out of my ears when it comes to Dear Leader doing what he did today, I heard about it too. The twitchy links puts it in a nutshell. – Great post.

11. Pingback: Every Year on The Fourth You Get Some Slimy, Slobbering, Commie Libtard to Trash The Freedom of Our Great Country… | ZION'S TRUMPET

12. Yeah, I’m not about to give this POS a minute of my time. If America’s so awful, she can move her a$$ to any one of the many wonderful nations of Africa and enjoy life free of evil whitey’s influence.

• bigtimer says:

Hey there Red…hope you and the Mrs., along with your newest bundle of joy are have a good day today. – Agree with your sentiments regarding Perry.

13. Cinnamon Girl says:

“the alternative is to give up on the dream of the nation founded in the belief, if not yet the practice that all are created [equal? The word was left out of the original post], all deserve freedom, and all have the right to pursue happiness.”

The “if not yet the practice” part irks me to no end. The United States of America was and is still the fairest, most free, most balanced, and the happiest of all countries. She has it backward. We are headed toward being the unfairest, most enslaved, most one-sided and unhappiest of countries IF we let people who think like she does have their way.

Even the “deserve freedom” part of her speech leaves me afraid that she may at least have a subconscious idea that the Riker Island prisoners she mentions should be free. Additionally, she leaves out that their education was made possible on our dime!

She also spouts the usual leftist rhetoric about the nation being built by slaves and that women ARE, not WERE, second class, as if this is Saudi Arabia or something.

I realize MSNBC is simply playing to the crowd but this sort of propaganda has no place in our country, especially when it comes from our “journalists” and ESPECIALLY not on Independence Day!

14. Michelle Malkin throws in her two-cents. ~

• Death to Libtards says:

Unfortunately, the list of celebrities who love America is shorter than the list of celebutards who don’t. Chuck Norris, Shannen Doherty,John Milius, Patricia Heaton come to mind. There are others, of course. I hear Kevin Costner is OK but he did make JFK with Oliver Stone.

• You hit the nail on the head when it comes to the list of lib-loons vs. patriots in La-La-Land…it’s disgusting!

• Gary Sinese, Joan Rivers, Kurt Cameron, Clint Eastwood, Kelsy Grammer, Mel Gibson, Jon Voight, Angelina Jolie, Dennis Miller, and thousands of closeted conservatives in Hollywood whose careers would end if they dared to come out. I have suspicions about Gene Hackman and Robert Duvall, but I’m not sure.

• Death to Libtards says:

Also the producers and most of the cast of “An American Carol”. That is one hilarious movie. I highly reccommend owning a copy.

• I keep forgetting to get that…will have to jot it down and order it around Christmas, thanks for the reminder. 😉

• Death to Libtards says:

It was made by the same people who made “Airplane” and the humor is similar. It’s also unfortunately one of the last movies Leslie Nielsen starred in.

• That guy will always be missed by us. ~ Thanks for the info DtL. 😉

15. This fat Libtard is why The United States is so full of cynical Idiots who take for gran-it the Millions of Patriots who gave their lives so she could stand on her Liberal soap box and disrespect the lives and sacrifices of others . Fk this bi tch and her too good for America attitude . MSNBC loves to attack on traditional faith and morals that the US is based on . Vote Liberals out and tell people like Perry to fk herself .

• bigtimer says:

Ditto that…another reason we must fight the enemies within and vote every single election there is…we must not become complacent…ever again.

No ones forcing this old cow to continue to live here why dont she movie to CUBA im sure Castro would enjoy her company