Angry White Dude wishes everyone today a very happy Thanksgiving! I hope you enjoy your day and reflect on the fact that America is still the greatest country in the world and our way of living leaves those fuzzy foreigners of the world in the dust. America might be hurting due to the moronic hands it has been entrusted over the past 25 years, but we’ll be back. One way or another, America will be back.
Although AWD has been known to bitch every once and a while, I know I am blessed. There are starving people living in squalor and cardboard boxes surrounded by corruption and violence. And I feel terrible for those residents of Detroit and hope they will one day not act and live as animals. Until then, I am thankful for Michigan because it gives the people from Detroit a place to stay the hell out of Texas!
That aside, there are a whole hell of a lot of other things the Big Sexy is grateful for:
- My parents – AWD is blessed with the best parents in the world. As my dad passed either years ago, I’m so lucky to have daily contact with my beautiful mother. I have never ever doubted their love for me. (However, I will never forgive that old woman for selling my Deep Purple tickets when I was in the 8th grade because I made a D+ on a @#&* stupid math test!) Love you, Mama!!
- My beautiful wife – as AWD writes, the filly is doing an inventory and organizing my ammo (I crap you negative). Hard to find a womern that will do that! We’ve been married 5 years now (I think) and I’m happy I found her.
- My incredible kids – AWD has three of my own (I think) and a step-daughter that I love as my own. My kids are all pretty much grown but are all doing well in their lives. AWD has always been in love with his children. They are the reason Allah put me on Earth!
- My friends – AWD knows just about everybody. I have friends in nearly every ‘burg in the country. Except pockets of Yankee-land. Friends and families are what it’s all about!
- Angry White Dude.com – what the hell happened when the deranged rantings of a Texas goat roper rank in at as the 126th largest conservative website in the world? When Foxnews.com is #1 and Wall Street Journal is #2? Oh, yeah, it’s the quality writings from Bigtimer and Redstater! Sh*t! I love our small community where like minded, freedom loving patriots can join together to discuss what’s on our minds. I hope we’ll always have that freedom. Until then, I promise to have fun, fun, fun til Obama daddy takes our 1st Amendment away!
- Guns – most fun I’ve ever had with my clothes on. Hell! Maybe with them off, too..in some occasions! Guns are the last protection Americans have against the tyrannical federal government. If you don’t have any guns…get some! So when the bad guys comes after yours, you can say….”get some!” Rifles, handguns, shotguns….I believe in diversity! I especially love my newest member of the family – the Remington R1 Enhanced 1911 .45 ACP. It brightens my day.
- Freedom – what a great country that allows people to voice their opinions freely. What a great country that allows you to do pretty much as you please! We can live without luxury, we cannot live without freedom.
- The US Military – always ready to kill the hell out of America’s enemies without asking questions! Our soldiers and their families are in my thoughts and prayers this day.
- American way of life – big cars and trucks, great affordable big houses, good people (for the most part), and our undying love of liberty and country. What’s not to like? Except stupid liberals?
- Music – I can’t imagine life without having music that doesn’t suck to bring enjoyment to us. Question: What is music that doesn’t suck? Answer: Music that AWD likes. Especially Texas honky-tonk.
- Flashlights – I don’t know what it is about those sumbitches, but AWD loves him some flashlights. Bought another 6 LEDs with 200 lumens yesterday. When the lights go out, AWD will have enough candlelight power to power DFW airport, baybah!
- Knives – like flashlights, can’t have too many!
- Great food – whether grilling out or going to a fun restaurant, America and its variety of great food rules! Especially Hooters.
- My F-150 – Four-doors, leather air-conditioned and heated seats (how do it know?), 8 bad ass cylinders of squash-bicycle-riders-like-a-bug power, Dale Watson blasting out the stereo, sitting up high, sheee-ut! I love being me!
- Hunting – going tomorrow and Saturday. I love getting away from cell phones and carrying the weight of the world on my shoulders in the woods for a few hours of peace peppered with a few seconds of heart-thumping excitement when that buck finally appears. Then I love watching the little filly gut and skin it while I take a nap.
- Cowboy boots – most comfortable manly footwear in the world. And lets those around you know you’re a real man and won’t take any guff off of Mezcans. Unless you live in NYC, then everyone assumes you’re a member of the Village People.
- Sexiness – I know it’s a gift for the Big Sexy but I believe it’s much better to be a supa-sexy real man with guns and knives driving a big-ass pickup than a moisturizing, poofterish metrosexual with a cat named Mr. Mittens. America wasn’t built by modern dancers.
AWD could probably go into much greater detail about all the stuff I love about being an American (‘merican, man) and all the blessings I personally enjoy, but I have to get in the kitchen and start rattling the pots and pans. It’s a tradition here at the Casa del Amor that AWD cooks Thanksgiving and Christmas (excuse me, Winter Holiday Festival) dinners. It’s what a loving, benevolent dude does for his family. Noblesse oblige! Besides, I have the filly up putting a new roof on the house today.
Happy Thanksgiving, everyone! I hope this country can draw closer one day. It doesn’t seem like it will be anytime soon. So I hope God blesses us to have the strength to do what me must when and if the time comes. However, for today let’s enjoy the blessings and privileges of being Americans.
Feel free to list the things for which you’re thankful. I hope your day is as happy as mine!
The Big Sexy