NUTRITIOUS, DELICIOUS AND GONE!

Today, Hostess Brands announced it was shutting the doors after employees represented by the Bakers Union failed to return to work after rejecting Hostess’ next to final offer. The final offer from Hostess was ‘F@#* you, union thug bastids, we’re closing the doors!” Say what?? Another American business either killed or run overseas by greedy labor unions. This time, 18,000 Hostess employees will lose their jobs. And how many more will be lost at companies that provide goods and services to Hostess?

Hostess was in bankruptcy and struggling for survival. It requested cuts in pay to maintain solvency. The unions wouldn’t go along. Because, in their world, $0 per hour is better than $18 per hour. In the famous words of Francisco D’Anconia of Atlas Shrugged, “Brother, you asked for it!”

AWD doesn’t know about you but I just don’t know if I’m prepared to live in a country without Ho Ho’s and Ding Dongs. Well, Elton John might not be able to live without Ding Dongs, AWD could survive. But AWD loves him some Ho Ho’s and Twinkies and laments the loss of another company brought down by a terrible economy largely caused by governmental malfeasance and corrupt labor unions.

You know, 18,000 jobs lost here….30,000 jobs lost there and pretty soon you’re talking about a disaster zone for an economy. It is pretty clear for anyone who can still see that federal government regulations, out of control governmental agencies and labor unions are rapidly killing the American wealth-producing golden goose. Elections have consequences and the previous four years tell us precisely what will happen over the next. Except it will be worse. Much worse.

Or maybe Obama will give Hostess a bailout if they promise to start making granola encrusted Twinkies and take out any ingredients that taste good. Perhaps a new line of Solar Ho Ho’s would get some of those green jobs dollars. Don’t laugh, Solar Ho Ho’s couldn’t work any worse than Solyndra!

Keep in mind, only 5,600 of the workers at Hostess belong to the Bakers Union. 31% of the labor force killed the rest. Well, maybe now they can all get ObamaPhones.

Another great american icon bites the dust thanks to these union bastards i sure hope their happy with what they have done NO MORE TWINKIES,CUP CAKES,YO HO,FRUIT PIES or DING DONGS Damn no good unions

2. You beat me to it AWD…love the way you put it, much better than I could.

After eighty years another company goes down. – Hope the union/unions are proud. Btw…it will be far more than 18,000 workers, there are the truck drivers etc that will lose their jobs as well.

We’re just seeing the beginning of what’s to come…I wouldn’t want to be the next president, this mess our country will be in after Dear Leader and his union buddies leave it in will be nothing but shambles.

• ONETRUEPATRIOT says:

BT-
      You have more faith than I do when it comes to losing this country…I think it’s gone for good and the left will never let go of power. This last election was decided in 2008.
      OTP

• Well bigtimer,
      The next president,and the next,and next,AD INFINITUM will IMHO all be demonrats,so who will they blame it on? Maybe comrade Putin.

3. A recent hearing sponsored by the Treasury and Labor Departments marked the beginning of the Obama Administration’s effort to nationalize the nation’s pension system and to eliminate private retirement accounts including IRA’s and 401k plans, NSC is warning.

• I saw that last year, and That is a criminal SCAM.
      The report I read said that the 401K’s and pension plans would be used as an ‘asset’ by the government (instead of the unpaid liability it really is) and using that multibillion dollar ‘asset’, they will pump out even more unsecured monopoly money, using our own retirements and labor to churn out a whole new round of government debt. Be Warned!

• ONETRUEPATRIOT says:

misterbill-
      Thanks for that info…have a girlfriend who is in the retirement planning business and I told her months ago that this would happen but she didn’t believe me…maybe now she will.
      OTP

• Does she believes it now? And does she have any advice on opting out before it becomes law? Cause I am starting to think taking the 10% penalty and putting the money in a shoe box is the lessor of two evils.

• ONETRUEPATRIOT says:

Waspish-
          I just showed it to her a few minutes ago…she will give me her opinion whether I want it or not. I will let you know what she says…promise. She is very good at what she does.
          OTP

4. The Capitalist system must be destroyed before marxism can take control, the unions are doing their part,

STAMP OUT ALL UNIONS

6. I’m really looking forward to the upcoming interviews with former union workers who have been forced to take two part time jobs to make ends meet. And by the way, those part time employers don’t have to provide health care insurance so you’re required by ‘the law of the land’ to pay that yourself.

Barry’s grand scheme will kill off many union run companies first and will cause more division by forcing surviving companies to have full time full benefit upper level employees and part time zero benefit lower level employees. In case anyone can’t see it, the job market is headed toward most workers having two 20-25 hour per week jobs without benefits.

So we’re probably going to need some more regulations to fix that, and maybe another stimulus or two to keep the unions happy. Plus, taxes. Lots of taxes.

7. Glad I devoted my bunker’s largest storage room to Hostess products. Figure each Twinkie will trade for a one ounce silver eagle in a couple of years. Gold eagle if he’s wearing a union cap.

8. Thats the point AWD, to get everyone on the govt dole, pretty soon we will have to stand in line for shoes and toilet paper a la soviet russia 20-30 years ago.

9. Another Great Moment In The History of Corporate/Job Killing Unions.
    Good Job Comrades!

……Bakers Union strikes against Hostess and apparently steps on its “Ding Dong” forcing Hostess as a corporation to deliver the final blow. A swift kick in the “Snow Balls”. The “Twinkies and Cupcakes of the world begin to “Wonder” were thier “Bread” will come from now?……Film at 11…….Pretty bad huh? Oh well its Friday what can I say!

10. Twinkies = poison.

11. “Don’t laugh, Solar Ho Ho’s couldn’t work any worse than Solyndra!” – AWD

Actually Ho Ho’s are excellent solar storage.

Throw a couple on the dashboard of your car during peak daylight hours, and a homeless baker could stay warm and toasty sleeping in the backseat of his car all night.

And there will still be enough heat to provide a warm breakfast the next morning.

12. OT, but just saw this one Facebook thingamajigee…

Good morning –

Governor Walker notified Washington today that Wisconsin will defer to the federal government and will not enter into a partnership nor create a state based health insurance exchange. Attached is the letter that has been sent to HHS Secretary Sebelius informing her of the Governor’s decision. Also attached is a letter sent to interested parties regarding the decision. Questions may be directed to the Office of the Commissioner of Insurance or the Department of Health Services.

A press release announcing the decision will be sent at 9:30 am central time.

Thanks,
    Cindy
    _______________________________________

Cindy Polzin | Office of the Governor
    Senior Director of Legislative Affairs
    (o) 608-266-7794 | (e) cindy.polzin@wisconsin.gov
    2 minutes ago near Green Bay, WI

13. No Twinkies! What are the cockroaches going to eat after the nuclear war? 😉

These workers need to burn their union membership cards

15. Cinnamon Girl says:

I’ve been anti-union for many, many years. It’s evident that they do nothing but sit on their high horses and swat down any and all honest people who come along. Detroit killed itself and now all of America will fall, one town and city at a time because of the gimme-gimme-gimme attitudes of what was once the minority, who are quickly becoming the majority.

A zombie apocalypse would be better for us than this! Remember the film, “Zombieland”? There is a scene showing a crashed Twinkie truck and the excitement the zombie hunters had upon finding it.

There will come a day when those %$#@*&^ union leaders will be hankering for some Twinkies in more ways than one. Let them eat cake.

• Thought of Zombieland too, CG. If it comes to that, remember the 32 rules. Like #23, God Bless Rednecks, they’re well armed and ready to kick ass.

• Cinnamon Girl says:

Believe me, I’m seeking some rednecks right about now. Here I am in the bluest county in Florida, surrounded by wusses, but the good news is that this county is surrounded by REDnecks. They take a helluva beating verbally from snooty city residents but they’re locked and loaded for when the SHTF. And my butt will be headed north, east, or south when it happens. Or west, right into the Gulf, because zombies can’t swim. Wait, yes they can. Just watch, “Juan of the Dead”.

SCREW RICHARD TRUMKA,SCREW THE ALF/CIO,SCREW THE TEAMSTERS,SCREW THE UAW, and especialy SCREW THE WORKERS WORLD PARTY

• Yeah, great; Government AMTwinkies -unprofitable, inedible and we are all forced to buy ten boxes a month -just like ZeroCare. AMTrak comes into the supermarket…

17. Relax people, this will not be the end of Twinkies, they will just cost more and be even smaller. Our Dear leader will just nacionalize company, rehire all union workers and give them control of the company. Company will be celebrated as enourus sucess, like GM and Solindra.Happy workers and their union management will run the company in the ground within first year, and then will our Dear leader force Kellog to “adopt” insolvent company and cover for the losses. That how everybody has a job in communists regime.

18. These Union workers have nothing to worry about… hell, I wouldn’t work for a mere $18.00 an hour either. I saw these college educated workers on the news the other night as they walked the picket lines, and after a couple of interviews with workers, there is no doubt in my mind these men and women are headed for better positions in the workforce.

19. Guillermo del Toro says:

18,000 more people are now eligible for unemployment, food stamps, ObamaPhone, and Obamacare.

20. UNIONS SUCK

21. Why was Hostess in bankruptcy in the first place? Did they ever think that maybe folks are trying live healthier lives and are not interested in eating what they produced? No wonder there are so many fat people in America these days. Why didn’t they try to come up with something that’s a little better for you, they might not have gone into bankruptcy, and f*** all their creditors.

The union issue is a side issue. I don’t like unions any more than anyone else, but I’ll catch hell for saying that Hostess did it to themselves. If your business model is not relevant then you don’t get to stay in business.

So go ahead Hostess, and file for bankruptcy and screw all your creditors.

22. Actually, it looks more like they had to pay out too much in union pension plans, wages and benifits to continue. All the company wanted was to renegotiate pensions and cut wages by 8% to cut costs back into (temporary) profitability. Add in rising grain costs, fuel (transport) costs, rising overhead because of *somebody’s* war on coal running electric bills through the roof, ‘environmental impact’ costs, ZeroCare…
    It wasn’t their product line -which is still multimillion dollar popular- it was the costs of doing business under the Zero and the Unionistas. It will happen to ‘healthy’ Dole and DelMonte etc soon enough.

• MustangSally says:

Do you have a link or a source to back any of that up?

• No link, but it was reported from a source on Rush Limbaugh today, the 8% wage cut back that is. I just remembered it.

• I’ll keep this part.

“Did they ever think that maybe folks are trying live healthier lives and are not interested in eating what they produced? No wonder there are so many fat people in America these days. Why didn’t they try to come up with something that’s a little better for you,…”

Michael T

The rest is pure gibberish. LOL

• Thanks for not beating me up TB, I don’t know what I was thinking when I posted that. Like I said before, I’m not the sharpest tool in the box.

• I wasn’t attacking you Michael, I just wanted to point out that consumers still want the product, and if Hostess doesn’t make it, someone else will try to fill that niche. Entemann’s still seems to be in business, and Dolly Madison (at least for now…)
        Yes, the Unions have a large share of the blame, but frankly EVERY business faces most of those problems regardless of the product they make; which is why so much goes offshore to where the EPA, Unions and Washington in general cannot touch them.
        Before allowing Washington to impose any regulations that impact American business and American jobs; a law ought to be passed that disallows imports from any nation that does not meet or exceed the EXACT same standards.

• Unions are a Leach on society. They grow bigger and fatter on the blood of the poor and helpless. Years back when GM was having trouble its CEO said he wasn’t running and auto manufacturing business but an HMO. Unions are nothing but organized labor/crime supporting organized fraud, Demos, the Ticks of society.

• Lest we forget some of the more intelligent demands that the unions (there were 25, yes TWENTY-FIVE!) had put on Hostess foods. Like; bread and snack cakes couldn’t be delivered in the same truck. There’s a winning plan for success. I guess that delivery driver is a “specialized” job, requiring an advanced degree in loaf fluffing or something.
      From the Hostess website, Note the last sentence;
      “For employees whose jobs will be eliminated, additional information can be found at hostessbrands.info . The website also contains information for customers and vendors. Most employees who lose their jobs should be eligible for government-provided unemployment benefits.”

23. UNIONS=Sh*t!!!

Rihard Trumka head goon of the leftists AFL/CIO should he be PUT TO THE RACK,BURNED AT THE STAKE,BEHEADED or ALL THE ABOVE?

25. Trumpka–another POS.

Let’s see–5,600 bakers wipe out the paychecks of not only themselves, but 12,900 other people who would probably like to have a paycheck next Friday. Maybe the doubly outnumbered bakers will have a visit from the others asking for a “handout” since these bakers are so rich they can afford to give up their jobs. And Trumpka–the double chinned fat boy with the big mouth just lost 18,500 union dues checks that won’t be coming any more. I love it when LOSERS LOSE!

26. Between union thugs and government thugs that are now running this country our manufacturing base will all be gone by the time Obama and his brain dead followers are done, then who will be next? the agriculture and the small businesses.

27. Unions are great organizations for workers who are nothing more than human slugs. Unions are great for those with no personal integrity or initiative.

Every time I read about a business closing its doors because of a union I laugh at those dickwad union morons who are now out of work. I have nothing but contempt for unions and union members. A plague on all of them!

28. Hostess goes belly-up while Union bosses complain about wages and benefits of the employes. Here is what the “Bakers Union Boss’s” make and they seem to be quite hypocritical and condescending.

29. Guillermo del Toro says:

Mexican company Bimbo is planing to purchase Hostess. Unions killed it and will loose their jobs to Mexicans. How ironic that they’ve outsourced themselves. At least the jobs will stay in North America.

• dang I didn’t see your post till I already entered mine..

its plausible to think that the jobs will stay here since Bimbo already has capital here and the already existing bakeries/employees to make it happen…. but I wont be surprised if those jobs eventually move south. Heck even OUR OWN companies move work there ( Chevy, Ford ) because the labor is cheaper so why wouldn’t they?

unions = legalized mafia orginizations

30. You know our economy sucks when a Mexican brand ( Bimbo ) is in the process of buying Hostess. Heck they already bought part of Sara Lee and a few other American companies… hell what do I expect when a Toyota truck is more American than the iconic domestic brands…

31. Viva Papa John!

Papa John’s finally gets some love for its stance against Obamacare

32. freespeechzone says:

Let’s not forget that public unions, when offered assistance by electrical workers and others from other parts of the country who were not unionized, were threatened and turned away.

Meanwhile, the people of NY & NY suffer–the voted for this environment.

I’m to the point where those who lose jobs as result of their union greed, get what they deserve.

Until MOST of America ‘wakes up’ and actively works to stop union tyranny and extortion, Hostess is just the beginning of job losses..

33. West Coast Dude says:

This one just really made me sad. I eat Hostess every so often, yet the fact that they have been around since I was a little kid saddens me a lot. Fortunately, I work at a market and was able to get a few last Zinger’s and Ho Ho’s in the back room when all the shelves were emptied.

34. The unions are a plague on human kind, they were the reason the steel industry died and American car industry is dieing. Toyota, Honda, ect opend plants here in NONE union states and they are doing very well. As long as the DemaRATS are union LAP DOGS it will only get worse. Look at Lockheed Martin, tried to move plant to none union state and DemaRATS blocked it and threated the company because the unions called on there LAP DOGS to help them out.

35. rightwingterrorist says:

Eat Little Debbies.
    They’re non-union.

36. For halloween the unions came out with a list of union candy companies so we could support unions. haha I used it as a list of candy NOT to buy so i didn’t support unions even if they were the popular ones I only passed out Non-union candy. Thanks for the list Union dummy dummies.

37. I r Union…GIMME MOAR!!!!

I didnt earn it, I didn’t work for it…Hell noone with common snese thinks its a good idea but dumbass liberals. None of that matters…GIMME MY STUFF…or else you are all guilty of corporate greed. I need my new I-Phone…..

38. From different sources, I have read that Hostess workers have propped up this company previously, but corporate managers have abused this help. Just one source: http://middlebororeview.blogsp.....stess.html

39. Where were all you retards when you had a GOP president?
    All the future presidents are gonna be DEMs? Are you all
    living in a little box with one light bulb?
    who lets you out to use the internet?
    Go back to bed, naughty children.
    Retards.