AWD DOES ARIZONA

The Big Sexy is still on vacation out in Arizona and is a bit lazy this week. I mean, lazier than normal. AWD is fairly confident I have earned a PhD in Creative Loafing this week. But this is my first vacation in a long time. Unlike our President, I had to pay for it all myself, too!

Yesterday, AWD visited the Grand Canyon. The day before, we visited Sedona. No, I didn’t go up to the vortex. For all of y’all that don’t know, there’s a few vortexes in Sedona that are supposed to be places in the Earth where energy emerges. I’ve been there before with my crazy old mother who swears she can feel a tingle on the vortex. The only tingle I ever get is swimsuit day at Hooters. Sedona was gorgeous. But the Canyon is something everyone should visit if they get the chance. Here’s a photo:

Tonight, AWD took the family unit to see the movie Les Miserables. I never did figure out which one was Les but there were a bunch of Frenchmen with Englishter accents in the movie. I guess that’s why they were so damn miserable. AWD can’t think of too many things worse than being a Frenchman who talks like an Englishter. Except being Rosie O’Donnell’s wife. Or Whoopi Goldberg’s mirror. Or Debbie Wasserman Schultz’s toothbrush. But it was a good movie with a revolution and some gunfire. Yes libtards, they were shooting semi-automatic muskets with high capacity clips. Idjits!

Our good friends at Anthem Studios are releasing a few new gun-themed t shirt designs. They said they’d kick one or two AWDs way if I’m mention them. I like them a lot as they are both sure to piss off liberals. I mean, what doesn’t? Here’s one:

And here’s one for you little fillies:

While you’re stocking up on your semi-automatic gun t shirts, pick up a few AWD shirts to fill out your ensem. You’ll be the best dressed right-wing extremist at the FEMA camp!

It’s Open Post time. I would like to propose the following question: What are your predictions for America? Will we make it or are our best days behind us? Will the country collapse under the weight of our debt and, if so, how will it affect us? If you don’t want to answer that, then Ford or Chevy? Or 9mm vs .45? Or Osmonds vs. Jackson 5?

Tonight’s Music That Doesn’t Suck tonight is Dan Fogelberg? Why, you ask? Because I’m in a mellow mood! Wanna fight about it? Harsh my mellow and you’ll be on the fighting side of me, mister! AWD loves me some Dan Fogelberg music. Being up in the Rocky Mountains always makes me think of his music. Being in Sedona and the Grand Canyon had the Big Sexy jonesing for some Dan music. I’m sad he’s no longer with us but he left some great music. I think I’m going to become a song writer. Except I can’t really think of any good rhymes or good topics to write about. In high school, I wrote a song called “Moon Fungus.” Kind of a love song.

Here’s one you might not have heard called Along The Road:

This is one of my all time favorite songs. Dan wrote it when he was only 18 years old! Sh*t! There’s no damn way I’m ever going to be a songwriter! Here’s “To The Morning.”

And one more. I like this one because I can play it on the guitar. And it’s gooder ‘n hell, too! Alison Krauss did a version of it. Here’s “Stars.”

1. AWD
    This country’s gonna make it, gona be a lot of grass in our row to hoe but nothing worth a damn ever came easy.

2. Kansas Gun Girl says:

LOVE the shirts! KGG will be placing her order in the morning!

3. Definitely .45 over 9mm. .40 cal is an excellent compromise between the other two. What were the other questions dude?

• 9mm when your driving the Ford, .45 cal when you’re in the Chevy, .40 cal when you’re on the Harley.

Yes America will make it, but it will no longer be a nation of exceptional thinkers, or a nation of individuality and righteous inspiration.

Maybe a future generation will one day long for those things once their parents socialist stagnation, and oppression, turns bitter in their mouths.

• Quartierleblanc says:

IMHO 9mm is perfectly adequate, especially in medium to compact sized pistols. The +P+ 9mm approaches 357 Sig power. It’s the hits that count. Despite the lock time on a 1911, you’ll still be faster with a G 19 or Sig 228/229 with the DAK trigger unless you spend a lot of time with the 1911. Early IPSC shooters were blowing doors with the 9mm before the “power factor” became an issue. You can probably thank Jeff Cooper for that bit of nitwittery.

Sure beat reading all those damn lies in those rotten newspapers like the LOS ANGELES SLIMES and their fruadulent polls

5. Also, I agree with GA Steve, we’re gonna make it as free Americans. It’ sad that we will surely lose many friends and loved ones in the process. We’re low on chips right now, but that just hardens our resolve. There are millions of us that “ain’t scared”.

6. Meanwhile… in the Swamp on the Potomac… because they’ve all worked soooo hard spending other people’s money;

Enjoy the vacation AWD.

7. Insider: Obama To Fully Engage Gun Owners with Armed Feds in 2013

In 2013 We Will Have to Fight For Our 2nd Amendment?

All American Gun Owners To Be Registerd Like Sex Offenders!

8. AmericaBeautiful says:

Thanks, Big, for the beautiful photos. I hope the desert country is cleansing your spirit, uplifting your thoughts, and inspiring your & your family.
    I love America!
    It will always be worth fighting for.

9. Gotta put up with the ads, but

Fogelberg

10. Quartierleblanc says:

Yep, if you translate guns into girls then there’s nothing like a gal with a good pair. They don’t necessarily have to be big, they just have to match the gal.

11. I had a plan to see the Grand Canyon when I ’embraced the optimism of western living’. But then Obamulus The First became Emperor and all that went to shit. It’s less than a days drive from where I live.

Whatever they come up with for gun ownership, I will not comply with. I will adhere to the Constitution. I won’t fight them if they come to my house, but I will not help them disarm me. I have no intention of dying on my doorstep. My guns were purchased legally and according to government regulations. I stay within the dictates of my state laws, and do not violate them.

I will not be a slave to the state. I am a law abiding citizen, I work and I pay federal taxes. I am not a criminal, and I have the God given right to protect myself. I will peacefully resist all attempts at further restrictions by the federal government.

I will not submit to tyranny.

Molon Labe.

• MichaelT, I too believe I could live out west in the mountains. It’s so beautiful here. The Grand Canyon cannot be described with words.

No one is coming to your home to disarm you. Who would do it? Not law enforcement. You have broken no laws. Not the military. The vast majority are patriots sworn to defend the Constitution.

Obama will not be that overt. Actually, I don’t believe much of anything will come of all this gun-control blather. The Dims know it is a losing proposition come election day. Millions and millions of American gun owners know the 2nd Amendment protects the others. And we don’t particularly like the federal government these days. Like you, we will not submit to tyranny.

awd

• Quartierleblanc says:

You’re right to a degree. Feinstein is fishing for what she can get passed and is “highballing” the negotiations. However, it does show the libs strategy of incrementalism. The bitch ( pardon me on this one ) has also played one of cards which is registration of firearms which puts them into the red zone for confiscation.

• Quartier, will you register? I believe tens of millions of us will rightfully refuse to register our firearms with the government. Confiscation is a pipe dream of the left. Who’s going to confiscate them?

awd

• If one buys a gun at a gun store and goes through the FBI back ground check, isn’t that gun already registered?

• Michael, the buyer is approved to purchase a weapon from the FBI system but there is no record sent from the FFL to the government. All records, serial numbers, etc are kept by the FFL holder.

Guys, I think I’m right on that. Any help?

awd

• From what I’ve read that is correct. If the FFL goes out of business, the records must in some cases be turned over the BATF. Some states, Illinois, California, and others, require ‘registration’ of guns. Texas does not require registration of firearms. The paperwork you fill out at the store is for a background check, and to maintain the continuity of the paper trail of the weapon from manufacture to delivery.

It’s sort of a pseudo registration.

• They know where every gun is that goes though the FBI background check. I bought a gun for my 12 year old son to shoot with. Age 21 I gave it to him. He was in Iraq when the gun was removed from his Apt. and used in a robbery. I got a call from the home military base he was stationed at. It took them 1 hour to find me and I had moved twice, new phone, new job, new city. The Gun Shop had moved twice, same owners, they never got a call from anyone. I am 2500 miles from that base and he never gave them any info on me as he was legal age. Another FFL holder told me at a gun show the FBI records and stores every inquiry into a purchase, legal or not I don’t know. The speed with which the gun was tracked was warp drive. For what its worth!

• Quartierleblanc says:

Nope, not a one. Who would do it is my question. When California banned the so called assault weapons a few years ago, very few were ever legally disposed of. It did by fiat make large numbers of Cali residents criminals which is probably the real goal.

12. I think they are coming full force for the guns.
    Who would have thought the entire U S industrial base would be in Communist Red Chin? Who would have thought we’d have 35 million illegals in the country? Who would have thought a Male Marine couple would be married in the White House (just last week)? Who would have thought Homeland Security would be infiltrated and taken over by lesbians (true)?, Who would have thought we’d have a non-citizen communist in the Oval Office?

• The only way The One could get a third term is if the military would be behind him.

• No Military but the DHS is going to commission TSA officers and Swat Teams as they have a bunch of .40 Caliber Hollow points to use up. If I was buying hand guns now I’d get a least one .40 caliber semi auto and even a carbine. Never know when they might lose some rounds.

• You are so right, its their best chance since the Joe McCarthy years when he exposed all those devious bastards. They have been waiting over 50 years and I don’t think they are going to be restrained much now. They have managed with full media support to wipe the children’s blood from their own hands onto Gun Owners. Its what they do and what they are, Fascists and they will use anything and anybody to get into full power. We must not ever underestimate just how down and dirty they will get. We may have to get into the mud with them and go for the throat so to speak. Like Red did.

13. Hope some of the regulars will visit this post again… NASA video worth watching. For those interested in photography, notice the cameras at the eighteen minute mark.

• What could the Russians be taking pictures of?

• Very nice video, thanks for posting it. Nice big cameras like they use at sporting events. I loved how she just glided through the air.

• Paul B,
      There are not many videos that I would have the patience to watch for 25 minutes,but anything NASA related is one of them.Thanks for that,and I love that Sunny Williams and her contagious giggle after almost everything she says.She is truly a professional and a great representative of the U.S.A.

14. Commandant Helmut Schiesskopf
    Wanker State Patrol Headquarters
    123 Minipax Boulevard
    Capital City, CN 00008

Commandant Schiesskopf:

As you are aware, there is currently under debate in Congress a bill that, if passed, will require the registration of all currently-owned semiautomatic firearms and accoutrements pursuant to the provisions of the National Firearms Act of 1934 (as amended).

As you are also aware, there are millions of such weapons and accoutrements in this state, legally and peacefully owned, by millions of law-abiding citizens. If the Federal legislation is enacted, a very large percentage of those law-abiding citizens will rely on the unequivocal words of the Second Amendment and defy this unconstitutional infringement of their civil rights.

As Commandant of the State Patrol, you and your officers will inevitably be directed by your superiors in the state and Federal government to support Federal forces in the enforcement of this unconstitutional law. While we are confident that you and your officers will want to do the right thing, this letter is being sent to remind you of your duties to the citizens of this state.

If you and your forces actually do your duty and refuse to participate in the enforcement of the Federal law, you will be hailed as a hero in this state and others. You will, of course, be threatened by the Federal authorities, but you know far better than they that the forces at your disposal, even if they were inclined to act as Federal lackeys, are completely inadequate to the tasks you will be assigned.

Stand in defense of this state and its citizens, we implore you.

Stand as an American.