Senator Feinstein and her statist friends want to make America safer by taking guns away from honest people who don’t commit gun crimes. Such is liberal logic. Feinstein, who knows as much about guns as she does fiscal responsibility, is going to introduce a bill that will “stop the sale, transfer, importation and manufacturing of military-style assault weapons and high-capacity ammunition feeding devices.” Her bill will also affect handguns and require registration of firearms with photos, fingerprints, makes and models, and serial numbers. I know you’ll all be lining up to comply!

Senator Feinstein shows her ignorance of the Second Amendment when she says in her bill:

• Protects legitimate hunters and the rights of existing gun owners by:
  • Grandfathering weapons legally possessed on the date of enactment;
  • Exempting over 900 specifically-named weapons used for hunting or sporting purposes; and
  • Exempting antique, manually-operated, and permanently disabled weapons.

While showing her ignorance of the Second Amendment by believing the right to bear arms has to do with hunting, her bill proves exactly why the Second Amendment was included in the Constitution.  We have the right to own firearms to protect our liberties from tyrannists who would seize them.  Just as the chorus of leftists are currently doing. Any politicians who calls for such gun control legislation must realize they are standing at the precipice of the second American revolution. Americans will NEVER allow their guns to be taken by a federal government we do not trust. We view any attempts to create a national registry of who owns what as a huge step over the line directly onto our rights. Americans must have the means to overthrow a tyrannical government if we deem it has overstepped its Constitutional limits. Just as Thomas Jefferson foresaw! And we do. And we will.

Recent polls show support for gun ownership is at all time highs.  Americans, even Democrats, realize they cannot rely on the police to protect themselves from the growing number of violent criminal attacks.  They also realize that the freedoms and rights of Americans would soon be bulldozed by the statists in Washington.  I’m referring to Republicans, too.

While AWD despises the air Dianne Feinstein breathes, I do not believe her bill will get more than a cursory glance and lip service by Harry Reid in the Senate. Obama has already yawned when he created a “blue ribbon committee” to study the issue. Blue ribbon committees are in government-speak a way to look interested but do nothing.

Gun control is a losing battle in American politics and the Dims have several Senators in pro-gun states up for re-election in 2014. West Virginia Democrat Senator Joe Manchin came out calling for gun control after the shooting in Connecticut but walked it back with an op-ed that supports the NRA after his office was besieged by calls and visits from his pro-gun constituents. A vote for gun control by any politician from a red state (and some blue states) will be the kiss of death at election time.

One last thing, liberal gun “experts”…..the container the bullets go in on semi-automatic rifles and handguns are called MAGAZINES and not CLIPS! You sound like idiots. I guess it comes easy. You might be better served talking about topics where you have knowledge. Like welfare and voter fraud.

Penn & Teller get it right on gun control. Language warning but worth the watch:

Since AWD mentioned lyrics from the song Revolution, here are the Fab Four. One of them might be alive today had he been carrying a weapon. His killer once again proves that gun laws don’t keep crazy people from acquiring guns and using them.

1. RidinShotgun says:

Hey toots, as soon as you give up your concealed carry permit (Yes folks that’s right, in true ruling-class fashion, she has it, but doesn’t want YOU OR I to have one.) as well as that Glock you walk around with, then maybe I MIGHT listen to you.

2. 79firebirdman says:

“Insane laws don’t stop insane people from doing insane things. That’s insane”, along with “Fear the government that fears your guns”. is as good a summary of the debate as I have heard.

Liberals never knew a tradedgy they didnt exploit for their own political reasons and this is only proof why we need term limits for career politcians like finenstien

4. Her bill is clearly illegal and unconstitutional and we are not obligated to follow illegal laws or any other acts that are against the Constitution. She and Shumer can just go play with each other in the bathroom. As we go over the cliff they have spent more time trying to take guns rather than fix our economic system because they don’t know how. When ten million people march on the White House and Congress for a peaceful request to hear our grievances they might get the idea… and if we each brought pitch forks they might get the drift. A massive show of people might get their attention. Right now Congress and “O” could not care about us, they are all on vacation at our expense. If ten million people forgot to file income tax that would get their attention also…well maybe not, they would just print more money to spend on free cell phones for the “Moocher Class”. They will get a Revolution if they keep playing their stupid little games. BIO!

• The LAST assault rifle ban and hi cap mag ban was also illegal. But it stood up in court because the ENEMY also controls the court. The “Streetsweeper” shotgun was declared a Class 3 weapon because someone forgot to put a comma into the Gun Control Act of 1968. Armor piercing ammo for handguns is now illegal. The government banned the sale of new machineguns to the lowly civilian in the McClure-Volmer Act, also illegal. The gun controller is basically ALL POWERFUL because THEIR judiciary is the backstop they count on to uphold ALL their gun control laws. The NRA doesn’t like taking gun cases to court because the SCUM controls the courts.

Yes, I’m saying there is no conflict between the Judiciary, Executive and Legislative branches when it come to gun control. They are ALL your enemy.

• You’re right go Galt even their printing couldn’t keep up if 20 million did just that.

5. if we can take out just one sob (those who come for our guns) per gunowner in this country we might win. If 2nd goes down then the Republic goes down…the corrupt, mismananaged power hungry fed govt is the enemy of “life , liberty and the pursuit of happiness”

• THAT is the reasoning behind the current Swiss Militia; the invaders come, you shoot 20 rounds from your SIG rifle, then you go home. Invaders are dead, you go back milking the cows!

6. And the Totalitarianism begins: “We don’t let them have ideas. Why would we let them have guns”? (Joseph Stalin).

7. The thing that holds the bullets in an auto pistol is called a clip. You insert the clip into the magazine, which is generally the hand grip.

• Quartier LeBlanc says:

That’s really not true. That nomenclature came from the early autopistols like the Mauser, Bergmann or Borchardt where there was a fixed magazine ( generally NOT in the grip ) which were loaded from a clip. Technically the grip is the magazine well where the magazine is loaded. An semi-auto magazine is not a clip by any definition. If you see this on schematics it’s either not true or was shortened from the proper term of magazine well.

8. Bloodless Coup says:

If this bill does not pass Obama will simply issue an executive order for gun control. You can bank on it. The statists cannot complete their Marxist take over of our country without confiscating our guns first. You can be certain that this is exactly what they are going to try to do. You can also expect more suspiciously timed mass shootings that end with some psychiatricly impaired pastsy left holding the bag. The accused scapegoat, or patsy, will conviently be found DOA at the crime scene. Initial eye witnesses will report multiple shooters and someone who was wearing a mask. (they always do) These shootings (aka psych-ops)are designed to help to create public support for gun control. The villians who are a part of the shadow government are playing the public like a fiddle.

• An executive order cannot over rule any Constitutional Amendment. To try to do so is an impeachable offense. They know it and we know it. Its only the wussy pants Repos that would sit around on their hands. Citizens are going to have to take bold action to stop this travesty of justice against our Country by a Marxist Regime, aided by the Do Nothing Repos. I spit on their nice soft leather shoes.The do nothing Repos are alsopart of the enemy within and need to be purged by ALL means available to us. Give your $$$ only to Tea Party People, we need more in Congress. Bonner and his ilk can go straight to hell.

9. If that jackass was to try and claim that kind of power its our duty to DISOBEY his bullshit with our very being..They don;t seem to realize that we will not lay down and take their crap…

10. what is a M1 GRAND loaded by?

• Tony, I should have written it more concisely in my post. Since the AR15 is the most hated and most often discussed weapon by the left, I was referring to magazines on those rifles that often referred to as clips. Yes, an M1 Garand uses a clip for loading. As does an SKS.

awd

• Just some additional pertinent information….

A SKS can use a 7.62×39 “stripper clip” that loads the fixed magazine from the top of the receiver then the empty “stripper clip” is removed and the bullets are fed from the full fixed magazine….

or can use a detachable magazine…..

“Stripper clips” are also made to fast load different detachable magazines for many other weapons…..

The M-1 Garand did use a “Enbloc clip” to load the fixed magazine and that “Enbloc clip” stayed in the weapon until the last round was shot and then automatically was “expelled” from the weapon with a “clang”…..

I’ve heard that many WWII vets believed that the “clang” was a dead give away to when you were out of ammo…..maybe that’s why they went to detachable magazine in the M1A/M-14.

but I’m only a Southerner….what do I know.

• Ed, you’re exactly right, the M1 was a clip loaded weapon,{from the top}, and the M14 used a magazine inserted from the bottom,…I qualifyied with that rifle in the USMC.

• Minutia. Who gives a f***! It’s loaded by hand. LAW ABIDING PEOPLE ARE NOT COMMITTING THESE CRIMES!!! CRIMINALS ARE. TAKE THEIR GUNS AWAY, NOT MINE!!!!!!!

• M1 Garand is loaded by finger tips and swear words if the bolt slips.:)

11. So now the Feds are going to keepus safe” by denying us the ability to protect ourselves , the same Feds who refuse to control the U S border between Mexico and the U.S. and are allowing 500 billion in drugs to cross annually and millions of illegal aliens with no criminal background checks to roam freely in this country. Hell they won’t even deport illegal alien criminals after they’ve committe crimes.
    The american people are expected to sit by and suffer collateral damage silently, you know, rape, murder, DUI wrecks involving illegals etc

Then we have the massive welfare spawn gang bangers, about 1.4 million and counting. We’re suppoosed to just sit on our hands and be victims I guess or we’re “racist”. They can pound sand and go straight to hell. These libtards are dangerous and exactly the reason we have 2nd Amendment!

12. Military & Police React to Obama’s Total Gun Confiscation Plan

13. Louisiana Steve says:

Can you imagine? Libtards deciding what 900 guns will be exempt under THEIR law? Maybe if we paint all the guns pink…

14. Quartier LeBlanc says:

What I’d like to know is just WHO is going to enforce this law? In my native state of Texas it would be very few LEO’s. In my own rural county, you can rest assured that NOT A SINGLE LOCAL or COUNTY officer would comply with this so called law. It is also highly doubtful that very many DPS officers would also attempt to enforce this atrocity.

Hey Senator Fienstien if you must ban something ban Parole and Plea Barganing its lead to the deaths of more inocents then guns But the demacrats wont becuase their biggist supporters are in prison right now

16. Cooter Brown says:

I don’t carry a gun to kill people.
    I carry a gun to keep from being killed.

I don’t carry a gun to scare people.
    I carry a gun because sometimes this world can be a scary place.

I don’t carry a gun because I’m paranoid.
    I carry a gun because there are real threats in the world.
    I don’t carry a gun because I’m evil.
    I carry a gun because I have lived long enough to see the evil in the world.

I don’t carry a gun because I hate the government.
    I carry a gun because I understand the limitations of government.

I don’t carry a gun because I’m angry.
    I carry a gun so that I don’t have to spend the rest of my life hating myself for failing to be prepared.

I don’t carry a gun because I want to shoot someone.
    I carry a gun because I want to die at a ripe old age in my bed, and not on a sidewalk somewhere tomorrow afternoon.

17. If some f***ed up mess like the Feinstein bill passes, I’m here to put the sheeple on notice. First, I will NOT register ANY of my firearms whatsoever! That said, you choose to make a criminal of me, be aware that should something ever happen I will NOT be there for you. I will still conceal carry a firearm but, it will be strictly for protection of me and mine. If I happen to be in the vicinity of a robbery/assault….you are on your own! If a cop is being assaulted…..you are on your own! If someone is massacring people…..you are on your own. I WILL NOT COME TO YOUR AID! That may sound perfectly agreeable now when things are quiet but, I want you to remember this if you ever find yourself looking at death or disfigurement at the hands of an evil doer. If you’re a typical Amerikan fatass you’d better get to the gym and shed a few pounds so you can run and fit in small concealed spaces when you hide. You’d better learn adaptive concealment….while at the gym, practice looking like a toilet, a drinking fountain, a desk….so you can blend innocuously in when danger comes! Practice up on advanced groveling! Go on Ebay and buy cyanide pills…..at least leave a handsome clean corpse! Pre-write a thank you letter to your elected officials and Feinstein, put it in an stamped/addressed envelope to be mailed upon your demise and thank all those assholes in DC for making you safe. YOU ARE ALONE, DO NOT LOOK TO ME FOR ANY AID WHATSOEVER!!!!!!….after all, I’m just a criminal!

18. Wonder if any in Obama’s government elected or otherwise have thought about what will happen to themselves should they decide to pass firearms legislation that goes against the 2nd Amendment or if they decide to ratify the UN Arms Treaty. Suspect all who vote for said laws,should they pass, unknowingly,will have committed suicide as they will most assuradly be hunted down and treated like the traitors they are. Suggest our present govt. think long and hard before doing anything rash as tampering with the 2nd Amendment is what will surely trigger civil war.

19. If anybody wants a real dose of stupidity, go over to American Thinker and read the column titled “sensible arms policy”. It’s usually one of my favorite sites, but I may have just changed my mind about that. My first thought was “who’s letting commies write the columns for a conservative website?”

• Well, I read the first paragraph and the conclusion. It was all I had patience for. Then I noticed the article was penned by a lawyer. A New York lawyer. ‘Nuff said.
      Have you checked the number of comments that the article elicited? Some really good ones, too.

20. You must now turn in all your guns, knives, ammunition, scissors, car oh yeah and your FREEDOM! After all that is what Das Fuhrer wants of you for the “common good”.

• A small correction: it’s “der Fuehrer.” But yes, Obama is hardly any different from Hitler. Don’t forget, confiscation of privately owned firearms was carried out first so Hitler could then send the SS to round up Jews and ship them to die in the concentration camps. Which begs the question: why are so many Jewish Americans Democrats? The Democrats are NOT supportive of anything that preserves the Jews and firearms are what will preserve their existence with racial hate groups getting more angry every day.

21. Oh wait…that was 70 years ago in Germany…or was it?

22. Let Justice Roll says:

You can bet after the shooting in Connecticut that Obama and the likes of Senator Feinstein were smiling from ear to ear knowing that this was the moment to bring back their attempt to disarm law abiding Americans. This President has always been anti-gun and he and his cronies could not even wait one day to jump on the caskets of those poor children who were murdered and try to take advantage of the misery that had befallen their families and use that misery to their advantage to try to push for more gun laws.It is only by disarming the American public that the Socialist Dems can push their agenda down our throats. All you have to do is look to England to see the example of the type of government that Obama wants to implement here. Battle lines are being drawn, make your voice heard, write your Congressman and in the mean time keep your friends close and your powder dry.

23. One gets confused when one gets older, so:

Just asking–

Is it possible that the 2nd Amendment was written to prevent people from changing the 2nd Amendment?

Just asking!!!

• Misterbill, I believe the Second Amendment was written to give people the means to prevent people from changing the Second Amendment. Happy New Year!

awd

• The sorry, but unspoken thing about all this is that the Constitution provides for changes. There is a legitimate process to repeal the Second Amendment. The fact that the lefties do not want to use that process is the reason we need to have our guns at the ready. If any of them mounted an effort to use the constitutional process then I would say more power to them. But since they want our guns through the back door, when they come for mine, they better come armed.

24. Vixen, I went back and read some comments on that AT artcle. You’re right, they really battered that guy something nasty.

Gun control only benefits the crinimals since it leaves their victims unarmed

26. Did the founders not intend freedom of the press to be restricted to the methods that existed only when the Constitution was drafted? Is there no freedom of the press because of the development of radio, tv, and the internet? Is freedom of the speech restricted becauise of the telephone’s development?

The Left’s view of the Constitution requires a special kind of stupid to believe.

27. They’re pandering to their base. They know good and well gun control has no chance of passing. But I would love to see Obama waste political capital at the outset of his 2nd term on something as impossible and unpopular as gun control

28. Some may want to pay attention to this guy. ~

29. Facebook is part of the liberal establishment. That establishment has an agenda that it has been promoting for generations, and that is now on the verge of fruition. The objective is politically correct authoritarian oligarchical collectivism. To achieve it, the population must be rendered defenseless.

Dude, why are you still on Facebook?

• There were many good comments. This one was very good…

Henry says:
      December 28, 2012 at 2:53 pm

Ghandi isn’t the only one:

“If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
      -Tenzin Gyatso, 14th Dalai Lama, (Seattle Times, May 15, 2001)

30. I’m not buying ANY of this Biden/Feinstein nonsense
    Zero, zip, nada…
    Libbyland Chicago, that liberal “gun free zone” , the epitome of strict gun laws- just hit 500! I believe that’s more than guys buying it in the middle east.

So If I lived in that absolute shit hole, I guess I would be expected to dial 911 and suck it up . Just another victim and statistic in libbyland.

Chicago reached “a tragic number” today, according to Police Superintendent Garry McCarthy: Its homicide total for the year hit 500

31. Senator Feinstein’s Gun Grabbing Bill Causes Outrage, Petition Started

32. Petition: Try Dianne Feinstein For Treason

California Senator’s gun grabbing legislation causes outrage

Paul Joseph Watson
    Infowars.com
    December 28, 2012

The latest White House petition garnering attention demands that Senator Dianne Feinstein be tried in federal court for treason against the constitution for her role in introducing legislation that would go a long way to repealing the second amendment.

The full text of the petition reads;

The Constitution was written to restrain the government. No amendment is more important for this purpose than the 2nd amendment. The 2nd amendment was written so the power could be kept with the citizenry in the face of a tyrannical government. It was well understood the Constitution acknowledged certain rights that could not be limited by government.

Senator Dianne Feinstein has made it clear she does not believe in the Constitution or the inalienable rights of Americans to keep and bear arms. She is actively working to destroy the 2nd amendment with her 2013 assault weapons ban. For this reason we the people of the united States petition for her to be tried in Federal Court for treason to the Constitution.

As we have previously explained, although the White House asserts that it will respond to all petitions that reach 25,000 signatures within 30 days, the Obama administration has instead cherry picked which ones it addresses.

The petition to try Feinstein for treason currently has over 1700 signatures and is climbing rapidly. A separate petition calling for Feinstein, “to be immediately banned from the United States Senate and….prohibited from ever again holding public office in the United States of America,” also has over 1600 signatures.

Despite receiving over a million signatures in total, none of the secession petitions that flooded the White House.gov website last month have been addressed over 45 days later.

The petition calling on Feinstein to be tried for treason is a response to the California Senator’s announcement that she will introduce new legislation early next year that will criminalize millions of American gun owners if approved.

33. Here is a slightly off topic constructive fantasy: About 1 second after the Indeonesian muslim Stalinist statist declares martial law the U’S’ military does an about face and arrests him and 90% of the people on Capitol Hill under the no charge no release b.s. they supported.They could all be kept in the Fema Camps .. indefinitly. We then reinstate the Constitution .

…Ah well…I guess that has even less chance of happening than my other fantasy involving a pool full of lime Jello and …………

• Actually, this IS a progressive fantasy that was actually made into a movie from a novel:

“Seven Days in May” (1964)

“An unpopular U.S. President manages to get a nuclear disarmament treaty through the Senate, but finds that the nation is turning against him. Jiggs Casey, a Marine Colonel, finds evidence that General Scott, the wildly popular head of the Joint Chiefs and certain Presidential Candidate in 2 years is not planning to wait. Casey goes to the president with the information and a web of intrigue begins with each side unsure of who can be trusted.”

Personally, I suspect large numbers of officers would be supportive of gun bans because they too have been through the total immersion brainwashing inflected on us by popular news and culture. Yes, if Kreig comes you will not be using words to prevent the military from killing you.

• Quartierleblanc says:

Blue state LEO’s especially in large cities would enforce these laws, however a chang in venue would make prosecution difficult especially in the smaller towns. Put me on the jury and a conviction will never happen. I see next to no enforcement in rural America.

34. Can we get a ballpark figure of just how much crime reduction and fewer massacres we can expect in the event this bill does pass? And if it doesn’t provide 100% protection for the schoolchildren, what’s the point?

That is: Force them to got all out instead of these bit by bit infringements on the Amendments, or drop the subject altogether.

We have FREEDOM OF THE PRESS but no one can force you to buy thier lying news papers and magazines or watch and listen to their lies on TV and Radio

36. “God made man but Sam Colt made them equal.”

37. Militia- irregular forces, a body of citizens formed into a military force to provide defense for those citizens.

Who would they defend against? -Most likely a group of enemies of their freedoms.

And who would that be? Mostly progressive type who would trade their freedom for what they believe to be a more orderly society. (Example: Communists, socialists)

38. Gregory Peeper says:

Sir: It may serve us well to remember that all rights but one are statutory; that these rights we enjoy are allowed by government consent; that a right given by statute may be modified as deemed necessary. By way of example: We have a right to be free. This is not absolute, and therefore finding oneself adjudicated guilty of a criminal offense may result in loss of freedom, and incarceration.
    Furthermore, should the government decide to abandon the Bill of Rights, impose Martial Law, incarcerate individuals without resorting to the courts for conviction; to whom would one turn for the appropriate remedy?
    And to rationalize the topic most certainly fails to negate the potential, or the possibility.My object, given time and space constraints, is to propose candid discussion between opposing views. And yet: While we enjoy a relatively peaceful existence, unfettered and unencumbered by attempted hostile incursions; that our present government chooses to recognize The Bill of Rights; we must never find ourselves complacent and unprepared. Get and keep as many weapons as possible, be a responsible citizen, and be prepared.

39. Di Fi bit off more than she can chew this time,….she and the RATs who support her treasonous bill will have targets on their backs.

40. Smack on the money, AWD!

41. Why is it that the majority of anti-Americans have JEWISH LAST NAMES? WHY?

42. From…my…cold…dead…fingers!

After they climb the mountain of previous attempts.