Seems has-been Sam Donaldson has some advice for the Tea Party…he’s got it all figured out, just ask him!
You know things are pretty bad when someone such as Donaldson has to lower himself to be part of Chris ‘Tingles’ Matthews half-hour show on Sunday…a show absolutely nobody watches! Talk about desperation…this has to be it.

Nevertheless…this was his advice. – This is via Mediaite:

While appearing on Chris Matthews‘ syndicated weekend talk show, ABC’s Sam Donaldson offered up a rebuking of the Tea Party movement that helped sweep a new class of Republican congressman into power during the 2010 midterm elections.

Looking back at 2012 and picking out the year’s biggest game-changers, Donaldson agreed with co-panelist Katty Kay in thinking that the continuing strong influence of the Tea Party movement has held back the Republican Party:

“The minorities re-elected president Obama… It’s the Tea Party and thinking of the Tea Party and people like that that are driving the Republicans out of contention as a national party. You cannot win nationally if you don’t know something about the way the country’s changed, and the Tea Party seems to think the country can go back 25 or 30 years. The greatest slogan that I hated during this last campaign was “We want to take back our country.” Guys, it’s not your country anymore – it’s our country and you’re part of it, but that thinking is going to defeat Republicans nationally if they don’t get rid of it.”

Throw in your two-cents, what message do you have for good ol’ leftist-loon Sam Donaldson?

Fire Away – Inquiring Minds Want to Know!

Son Donaldson and Chris Matheews are a couple of idiots they need to walk around the streets a few time wearing STUPID and IM WITH STUPID T-Shirts to show what idiots they are

2. Hey Sammy, you won’t be able to reply to my response, you treasonous bastard! Boom!

3. Must be over target, were taking flak. New’s Years prediction from an Angry White Dude, The Tea Party will grow larger and stronger , starting after the crowing of the big o’s (small because he’s small) second chance at destroying America we just may see the formation of a very serious 3rd party in this country, It’s very obvious the liberals fear the Tea Party.

4. Our biggest problem is that the GOP establishment is more influenced by useful-idiot media types like these than by their Tea-Party base. Said influence has the current Republican leadership blundering into the Dems’ trap of trying to be Democrat light. IMHO, this is the Dem strategy to first divide — and eventually conquer — us by driving more conservatives from the GOP. And boo-hoo Boehner appears quite willing to make a deal with the devil.

Although highly distasteful, I think we need to fight to move the GOP to the right. And continue the hard work of electing more Tea-Party types in order to both force and reinforce conservatism on our party at the federal and state levels. As I’m sure readers of AWD’s blog are aware, Obama could have been defeated – despite having virtually every advantage — if a few million conservative-types hadn’t sat out the election. I would take a RINO like Romney in the Oval Office instead of that BLT (Black Liberation Theology) any day. And then look forward to forcing the RINO to the right.

If that few million grows over the coming years, then we’ve played right into their hands. Which option is more distasteful?

• martel
      I agree with what you say about changing the gop direction, it just can’t be done with the ones in power and I feel that alone will be the cause of a 3rd party, the t’s have been taking state level seats of both houses and Gov office, and 2014 we will set the tone for 16.

5. If Ol’ Sam really thought the Tea Party was hurting the Republican Party, be assured he wouldn’t be opening his trap… something tells me most Dems still fear the Tea Party and those damn people who love the Constitution.

6. Hey Paul, wishing you the same. (stated as such to all in the Betty Boop thread about midnight last night my time)…as to the big cats…NO! Thank goodness. 😉

7. The Tea Party needs to take control of the Republican Party. Then people would wake up, hop on board. A third party is a dream, not a good one either. Demos would love to see it. Perot gave us Clinton for 8 years and look how he took us backwards, undoing half of what Reagan gave us. A third party would need 2-3 $billion right up front to be competitive. It ain’t there. All the big donors to the Repos got burned good this last time and are gonna be shy in 16 depending on the candidate, and they sure are not gonna be giving $$ away to third parties. Perot was well meaning self financed and in the end self destructive. Nader and Paul have cost their respective parties elections. A third party will absolutely guarantee 8 more years of The National Socialist Party with all the Serious gun control and Reeducation camps they have talked about in the past and now are slowly implementing. The Tea Party has not been around long enough to truly get their act together. It really needs to get moving now, people need to look and support Tea Party candidates now for 14 and 16. They need support from Palin who like her or not has been the most successful endorser of Tea Party Candidates running on the Repo ticket. She epitomizes the Tea Party like no other single person in the nation. She galvanizes and speaks to the Republican party like no one since RR and I see NO one in the upcoming Repo party offering anything but Repo or Rino Lite. Every single big name known in the Repo circles is already compromising and with compromise no big money donors will be around. As for Sam, he is good for a laugh, his days are gone.

8. See, that explains it. We’re only ‘part of it now’. Even though we built it. And it’s money in the coffers that has come from our labor. Not the minorities.

9. sam who?

10. Cinnamon Girl says:

Ok, Sam has always been known to say things like this and we all know he’s a leftie. I’ve watched him smirk at and about Republicans and other conservatives all my life so this is nothing new.

But, I do have something to say to him:

Sam (I’d say Mr. Donaldson but you have never earned the respect called for to deserve that title), clearly you are playing a race card, a liberal card, and a welfare card at the same time and this isn’t surprising. However, when Republicans said they wanted to take back the country, they meant, as you know, that the U.S. is completely out of control. The government has empowered lazy people, illegal immigrants, violent criminals, and other degenerates to the point where this nation is a sad, sick reflection of itself.

Pandering to the masses, who are about to overtake traditional Americans, and yes, I do mean hard-working, legal residents who keep guns legally, speak ENGLISH, and never live off the government, has lead us down the worst possible path. Old, rich liberals like yourself cannot possibly know what it’s like to live, like millions of us do, paycheck to paycheck, having less than ever before, not being able to afford a sick day much less a vacation, having to sell our homes for a loss to live in a Section 8 neighborhood that’s supposed to be so wonderfully diverse but is instead nightmare-ishly so.

Multiculturalism DOES NOT WORK. Not in a republic, not in a “democracy”, not anywhere. What works is everyone striving toward the common goals we USED to have, which were the right and freedom to pursue happiness (but not at the expense of others). Every right and freedom available to a human being has been granted to Americans now yet it will never, ever be enough for you, will it?

Like I said to Michael Moore: why don’t you give away some of your houses to say, the huddled masses of illegal immigrants, the inner city thugs, and the union teat-suckers who are all somehow disabled now? Yeahhhh, right. I didn’t think so.

• Absolutely right, CG.

These people get paid too much to think; that’s why they’re called “talking” heads. They spew leftist talking points because that ensures their $multi-million salaries, which, in turn, they use to support the elite socialist anti-Christians who keep them on their media thrones. Contrary to popular opinion, they are not about impassioned liberal political beliefs; they are all — and only — about their own lust for money and power. That’s why they will never be “thinking” heads, because if they were, they’d lose their jobs. You can say it in any number of ways, but in short, they prostitute their souls for dishonest gain.

Sam Donaldson likely doesn’t know what an honest paycheck is. My guess is that he’s never been paid by the hour, never had to labor at some menial task to earn his bread, never had to worry that his income wouldn’t pay for the roof over his head — or the tax bill. How can he grasp concepts like honesty, integrity, self-sufficiency, generosity when he’s sold his own soul for a price? Yes, WOULDN’T it be nice to see him, and Mooron, and all the other fabulously wealthy liberals who, in their insane pride, portray themselves as champions of the poor, actually shelling out their own millions to the welfare grabbers. NEVER happen, because, first of all, they’re too greedy themselves to give, but most of all, because it would force them to think, and see what their twisted agenda has created. Truth is their worst enemy.

• CG…

Great post as usual. Your last five words puts it in a nutshell. ~

11. Sam is a lush!

ACP all the way, GOP is a lost cause!

Blistered, out!

Hey Mr Donaldson get your foot out of your mouth we cant understand your mindless babbling

13. Hey Donaldson, Screw you! Dickhead…

14. Katty Kay? Seriously?

15. dick sanchez says:

When has he been factual and unbiased enough for us to care what he thinks? The Tea Party stopped the spenders from even more damage more like it.

The only good job suited for Donaldson is as sanatation worker after all if he can deal out the trash then he can certianly be able to clean it up

17. Quartier LeBlanc says:

And Sam was this statement just before your DWI arrest or are you just another old drunk with a bad fitting rug?

18. It’s not the Tea Party that’s driving the GOP out of contention, it’s the elite media and Liberal Hollywood entertainers that brainwash and bribe foolish Americans. They have presented the GOP as a group of old fashioned and uncool grumpy old men, a boring GOP that doesn’t like to party or have sex, a GOP that wants to make you to work and sacrifice a thrilling young life. This media influence will make if difficult for any right winged party to win. That’s why Chris Matthews and Sam Donaldson are so confident and claim victory and ownership of the US by Liberals. They are basically saying that the GOP must give up their party values to survive. This is my humble opinion because histrically, Hitler already proved the power of propaganda in mobilizing the masses.

• Cinnamon Girl says:

Fern, absolutely. The biggest thing you hit upon there was that the GOP isn’t “cool”.

Recently, a man wrote a book called “The Joy of Hate” http://www.breitbart.com/Big-H.....ny-of-Cool, and it made me think.

Isn’t it utterly true that the thing man wants and needs most is to belong, to adapt, to survive? Since we are surrounded by people, we must do all three. However, our own Alinsky-types figured out that we could be told what is good and what is bad and to behave accordingly in order to fit in and be cool; indeed, to be controlled. We’d accept multiculturalism more readily if we were brain-washed into believing it is right to fade into the background if not disappear, by embracing music, fashion, and cultural behaviors that go against our nature. In fact, in today’s reality if we do not accept this “diversity”, we will not simply fade away but be ostracized. Do the words and phrases “racist”, “hater”, “greedy”, “mean-spirited”, “old”, “closed-minded”, “oppressor”, “imperial”, “colonialist”, and “evil” sound familiar?

Look at who is worshipped: movie stars, singers, professional athletes, black presidents for being black, gay rights activists, women’s rights activists, rappers. Notorious is synonymous with cool. O.J. Simpson, Suge Knight, Snoop Dog, and Ray Lewis got away with murder and it’s cool. Our own leader can be a militant Muslim but not Mormon. Our ambassadors and their protectors can be murdered in foreign lands and because H. Clinton and S. Rice and B. Obama are Democrats, they’re not held accountable.

I could go on but you already nailed it. I’m just angry. I’m tired of being told who I am just because I don’t fall into the trap of being told who I am. F___ off, Donaldson, and anyone else who spews such vitriol. I’m never going to fall for it.

• Absolutely! Our democracy has become arithmocracy, as numbers and polls decide what is right and wrong, our values and personalities begin to degenerate thanks to Liberal media propaganda machine.

19. As the Tea Party we represent everything they don’t …Freedom, smaller goverment, real world values like the country was founded on, ya know,,scary stuff like that,,,Donaldson is just another friggin troll stumping for the MSM and the liberal left agenda that has a strangle hold on us all.. There is a song line “Because there’s something in the air” that applies to these days more than these pinheads know , Real people, not the freeloading ,illegal, nanny state wastes of human energy are getting fed up more and more,I wish it could have happened sooner but it needs to strenghten our reslve to flush this crap down the dumper and fix this country,PC be damned and all the other whining idiots put on notice. Help or get the hell out of the way and stay behind.

20. The Tea Party is not really a party, it is a movement. It has no national figure to attack, denigrate, humiliate like the GOP has, that is what scares the hell out of Sam and the rest of his kind. If the Tea Party was really dead in the water as old Harry Reid says it is, why is the liberal media spending so much time talking about it?

21. Teapartyguardian says:

Nice brows, bro! I see the DUI has taken its toll on your perception of reality. What is it you don’t like about the Tea Party? Is it the fiscal responsibility? Is it the adherence to the Constitution? OR, is it we don’t kiss owebama’s backside like you do? ‘Bout time for retirement isn’t it!?

22. Teaparty pooper says:

As much as I am for the Tea party’s goals I have to point out a few unfortunate problems. The “pro business anti-regulation” contingent are the same folks that brought us first slaves, and now illegals of all types. The end result of that greed is slowly becoming the bulk of this land. Regular old non-slave-owning non-illegal hiring AWDs like me are having to pay out to support the spawn of that greed and are not happy about it.

As with everything good and conservative like the Republican Party (RIP) and the Boy Scouts (RIP), the “Christians” always glom on and steer the agenda their way. As a libertarian, this is ruinous for me. Do the good Christians have any clue what they sound like when they spew? They sound like the Taliban. They are no better really, they just have the swords hidden a bit better right now.

Show me a good Christian Texas agri-business owner firing his illegals and paying Americans a living wage, not evading taxes. and not cheating on his wife, and keeping his big ol’ mouth shut about morality and I’ll be much more inclined to hop on the tea party wagon.

• What kind of a user name is ‘Teaparty pooper?’…that alone speaks volumes to me. ~ So does your post…but that’s just me and my two-cents.

• Teaparty pooper, Christians are like the Taliban? Really? Has a Christian chopped off your head because they didn’t like the fact you weren’t a Christian? I think you’re overplaying your hand a little.

The Tea Party movement deals with fiscal issues. Some local Tea Party groups, like the one to which AWD belongs, also calls for national sovereignty which includes enforcing immigration laws. The Tea Party nor Christians are not your problem. You might not like what they believe but you are free to live how you please.

I do agree with you about Republicans sitting on their hands while illegal immigration is out of control because their big money donors want cheap labor.

awd

• Teaparty pooper says:

I’m all for the tea party and national sovereignty. Just that as soon as the tea party and religious-right movements become intertwined, the tea-party message itself is diluted, distorted. and dismissed as “those angry Christians again”. http://www.thedailybeast.com/a.....guise.html.

Sorry for “overplaying my hand” as you delicately put it. My brother’s a born-againer and has become insufferable. Whenever I hear “allah akbar” I picture my brother saying it. I guess it’s just personal.

• That link of yours speaks volumes about where you come from.

‘Nuff said…to each there own, I’m moving on.

• Teaparty pooper says:

Actually, what brought me here was the section on male-bashing in advertising, after I saw the Tide “you suck at folding” ad on TV and felt I couldn’t be the only AWD offended I found this place.

Last night I saw a Pillsbury dough commercial featuring an attractive black couple in a kitchen. The man was making a “weiners in a blanket” type appetizer as the wife in the background was asking if he had remembered to buy some pre-made snack for the party they were going to in a manner that implied that he, being male, couldn’t be counted on to have remembered such a thing. Then, when she discovered what he was doing said “You used the oven?”.

Anyway, thanks for keeping on AWD

• Pooper, I hardly call The Daily Beast a quality source on info regarding the Tea Party. I read the article. Christine O’Donnell is a politician. A whack job politician. I personally know many national tea party leaders who will have nothing to do with her. Michele Bachmann is a politician as well.

The Tea Party does not touch social issues. Not to say that most Tea Partiers are not Christian, the principles of the movement deal with fiscal issues only. There are lots of “tea party” groups out there. Most of them are PACs or political groups that glommed onto the tea party name because they saw dollar signs equated with the movement.

I’m sure your brother drives you nuts. I’m not very religious and have a hard time with ultra-religious types myself. But as “insufferable” as your brother is, he is light years better as a Christian than the Taliban.

awd

• Teaparty pooper says:

I agree completely, and in fact that’s why I linked it. That’s how “they” (people not tea party aligned) view the tea party and explain it to their ilk. Once a lib hears “oh, it’s a Christian thing” they just wrap it up and put it into the Westboro baptist church file. I don’t want to see that happen.

• Who cares what the libs do and always have done? As to lumping the majority of Christians in with the looney-toon Westboro facade is beneath contempt as well. – That dog won’t hunt.

23. I always find it sad ( and a little laughable at same time ) how the tea party is always talking about Patriotism and Country and Fiscal Responsibility. You people have lapped up the pablum corporate america has fed you. First of all, if you were patriotic you would realize this country is a melting pot and always has been, and respect is a fundamental attribute of which so many of you do not have ( just read how many remarks of ” STUPID” “IDIOTS” and all the rest of angry arrogant uneducated remarks are posted ) Second, Country is for ALL of us not just you knuckleheads. And this past election has said, the COUNTRY has rejected your philosophy. Third, the tea party only cares about reducing gov’t spending when the middle class are on the receiving end. You want to continue the corporate welfare to those who least need it which has bankrupt our country….Sad, that you guys can’t see the wool has been pulled over your eyes…..wake up. P.S. even if you don’t the country which you always talk about will be purging you from office every election, one by one.

• You’re an idiot. ~

• Terry, here’s a question. If Obama’s policies were to work…why haven’t they? $6 trillion in national debt under him. What do we have to show for it?

awd

• terry’
      You have fooled yourself into thinking the election has proved anything, We are in the same place we were before the election, same congress same senate same president, it was no landslide victory for obama, just the opposite, the conservative battle line was held, we lost no ground to speak of. but on the state level the repug’s made a lot of gains, the states continue to go conservative while the fed goes to hell,