Dudes and dudettes, some of you may have already heard about this outrageous scenario that happened to a five year old kindergartner, some of you may not have. Either way, when I read about this yesterday it had me fuming. This little girl has been a labeled a ‘Terrorist Threat‘ from those in power at the school she attends. This label she has received evidently stays with her forever according to this report.

See what you think about this brouhaha. – This is via TB:

A 5-year-old girl from Pennsylvania has been suspended after telling a friend she was going to shoot her with a pink toy gun that spits out bubbles, the Associated Press reports.

The kindergartener was waiting for the bus at the time, and did not have the fake gun with her.

PennLive.com has all the unbelievable details:

Elementary school officials learned of the conversation and questioned the girls the next day, Fickler said. He said the girl did not have a parent present during the 30 minutes of questioning.

The result, he said, was that the student was labeled a “terrorist threat” and suspended for 10 days, Ficker said. The school also required her to be evaluated by a psychologist, [attorney Robin Ficker] said.

“This little girl is the least terroristic person in Pennsylvania,” he said. [Emphasis added]

The family’s attorney helped reduce the punishment from ten days to two, but the school is keeping the incident on the girl’s record. It has apparently been modified, however, to say she intended to harm another student.

Ficker told The Daily Item that school employees have become “hysterical” since the tragedy at Sandy Hook, and while we need to address genuine issues, there’s certainly a line to be drawn.

“You can’t make light of what happened to this girl either,” Ficker argued. “The incident goes on her permanent school record. She has been branded a troubled person. But she was suspended for her words. She had no gun. She had a bubble-making machine.”

The girl’s mother added: “All I know is what my daughter has told me and she said she was told she could go to jail, which is a very traumatic thing for a 5-year-old to live with.”

School officials said on Friday they weren’t at liberty to discuss disciplinary actions.

But one clever ebay user utilized the story in attempting to sell his son’s bubble gun, which he warned “may lead to the suspension of your kindergarten aged child.”

The question and answer section reads:

Q: Does the winning bidder have to submit to a background check? Does this item come with the standard 10 oz bottle of bubble ammo or am i limited to the New York 7oz bottles?
A: No background check required. This item will include 5 fluid oz of “bubble ammo” to pass any New York State regulations/laws.

Watch some more here:

So friends…what do you think about all of this? – Fire Away – Inquiring Minds Want to Know!

1. Snake Oiler says:

Can anyone dispute the notion that all involved in administrative positions (and most others, as well) in the educational system have collectively gone insane? Get that child some Zoloft!

• Insane is right! I don’t have the link at the moment, but did you read where some in the same age group were suspended for playing make-believe using their hand to signal they were shooting type of thing? I cannot believe what we’re witnessing happen to this nation and our kids…especially in the school system. It’s despicable!

• Snake Oiler says:

What’s going on in public schools today is only what educators like (George) Counts and John Dewey have been cooking for a hundred years. It’s all about herding the poor stupid masses in the right direction—toward collectivism, uniformity (that’s what “diversity” means, in case you didn’t know), and zombie-like obedience to their glorious leaders. It’s about absolute rule by designated “experts.”

2. Find some way to put your kids into private school. Do whatever it takes and don’t be lazy about it. A five year old child is a terrorist threat?

Un-fu**ing believable!!!!!!!!!

3. This just proves the asylum is being run by the inmates!
    Educrats across this country are hysterical and have NO brains….God help America!

4. PC run amok……this is lunacy!!! What the heck is going on here!!!! A terrorist!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Tazzmax is right! The inmates are running the asylum. In the words of Ebeneezer Scrooge..”I’ll retire to Bedlam” God help us.

• Can you imagine questioning a five year old for a half hour and threatening her with jail time…and no parent present?

Outrageous…she had to have been terrified!

• Snake Oiler says:

For the most part, those on the left have no conscience. Just like the adherents of Marxism (which many of them are), the system is their god, and there is no deviation allowed from it. If we are not there already, the nation has to be very close to terminal velocity in its free fall. This is Soviet-era Stalinist stuff.

• Snake, you said it all. Free fall indeed.

I don’t even recognize what the USA is anymore…it’s spooky what we’re witnessing. Hells bells, the nutcases in charge act like this bubble machine was some kind of WMD! – Unbelievable all the way around.

• Snake Oiler says:

Furthermore, in my book, the lowest forms of humanity (if you can still refer to them as that) are those who are cruel to children, the elderly, and animals. The left has no real regard for the first two, other than to use them for props to bamboozle the already perpetually confused. In their world, the rights of animals would actually trump those of people. Scary, indeed. This is not America.

• Couldn’t agree more with the three examples you posted. That is dead on the money as far as I’m concerned. (I’m including the millions of abortions too, this babes in the womb have no voice as they are murdered, no one hears their silent screams as they are butchered.)

Progressives are evil…simple as that. – Anything to achieve their agenda.

• Snake Oiler says:

You’re right, BT. Of the ‘certain unalienable Rights’ that included ‘life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness’, life is the most fundamental, since, without it, the other two are irrelevant. Some people have a hard time understanding that.

• Most of those people on the left do understand that right perfectly…it just doesn’t fit the goal they’ve been reaching for for decades and decades now. The msm have been their bully-pulpit for the same amount of time too. – Like I said, pure evil…all of them.

• bigtimer’
        Since lawyer’s will do anything I see the potential of a massive lawsuit here, but what really needs to happen is for some of this childs relatives catch members of the school board in a dark place somewhere and hospital whip the son of a bitch.

• I’m not a lawsuit happy person…but in this case, I’m very glad with what her parents are doing! – As they should!

The entire elementry school officials need suspended for the rest of the school year I mean its no wonder johnny cant read becuase of all this PC nonsense Time for those 70s pacisfists pansies to GET A LIFE and stop acting like stupid mindless old hens

6. Cinnamon Girl says:

This is yet another example of the rampant child abuse committed by our government on a daily basis.

Like MichaelT said, this child needs to be taken out of public school and placed in a private one (or home schooled) immediately.

My prediction is that at her age she will mostly likely forget this incident to some extent but the trauma it has inflicted may cause her depression, stress, and anxiety for a lifetime if she doesn’t also receive treatment. And all because she SAID something so innocuous.

We are living in a sick, sick world. It is not limited to America. Cases like this are all over the UK and in Europe in general, and girls can’t even BE educated (beyond Muslim indoctrination) in Saudi Arabia and numerous other nations.

People including myself are fond of the quote from Mahatma Ghandi, “be the change you wish to see in the world”, but they rarely truly act on that. WE patriots must be that change and we must continue to be outraged at every infringement of our rights as American citizens and indeed, as humans.

• “My prediction is that at her age she will mostly likely forget this incident to some extent but the trauma it has inflicted may cause her depression, stress, and anxiety for a lifetime if she doesn’t also receive treatment.” Get real. That’s like when I say to my students, all of your actions go on your “permanent record”, they actually believe it. Kids are tougher than you and I. The reason this is crap, and schools try to get away with it is, because it’s pretty easy to pick on a kindergartener than say one of my 17 year convicted felon students I am locked up with 8 hours a day. I would like to see that principal come down to my lockup and run my kids through the metal detector every morning, then we will talk about “terrorists”. Not a whole lot of my students blowing bubbles into the air. Parents should sue the school and principal, that’s the only thing they understand, “pain”.

• DR…

I concur with you. It’s always good to see some perspective from those that are close-up and deal with what you do daily as a teacher.

Much appreciated.

• Cinnamon Girl says:

DR, your experiences must be tough and I cannot say I’ve dealt with any of that. However, I did say MAY cause her depression, stress, and anxiety, not WILL. For example, childhood traumas can be forgotten on the surface but stay buried, manifesting in many years of nightmares or bad behavior or worse. If I misunderstood your answer, please let me know. You seem to be saying that there should be no sympathy for the bubble girl. I’m confused, perhaps.

7. Had a thought…

How is it ‘reasonable’ for a person to be expected to show Government ID and submit to a background check to purchase a gun;
    But a ‘civil rights violation’ to expect the same in order to VOTE?

• Anything is reasonable when the Obama Nazi Nation pulls it outta their ass and says so. The most serious terrorist threat we have sits in the White House with a Senile old man as his back up and Holder and his Black Panther Jack Booted Goons controlling the vote.

8. Remember, folks…these same people who piss themselves and call out the SWAT team for a Hello Kitty gun?

These people call US insane.

They wont let kids play games like COPS & ROBBERS,COWBOY & INDIAN,DODGEBALL,TAG,RED ROVER, or any of those wonderful kids games becuase of social engeneers and their pacifist pansie ideas froma bunch of child pscologists knownothings Lets get the PC nonsense out of the school end all ZERO TOLLRENCE and bring back whats missing from our school system COMMON SENSE. GET BIG BROTHER OUT OF THE SCHOOLS

10. Perhaps the problem is that the so-called “teaching profession” is now so lucrative that schools will do just about ANYTHING to show that they are “in charge” so that they can continue feathering their nests year after year. Teachers around the Chicago area get paid amazing sums of money, and let’s not even talk about their pensions. Add the costs of fringe benefits like medical (CPS teachers’ COBRA cost is $599/ month) and you can see why the educational-industrial complex does insane stuff like this.

11. Rides A Pale Horse says:

5 years old eh? That’s about the time I took my stepson out to the range for the first time after his inquisitiveness about the firearms we have (had) around the house. I took the time to explain the facts about firearms, trained him with intense education on safety and range discipline. Within 10 rounds from the Stevens .22 bolt action rifle that my dad had passed down to me he was hitting the 10 ring 9 out of 10 shots. He now owns that rifle. A year later, he wanted to learn to shoot a pistol so out to the range we went and he proved himself just as adept with that and several other pistols.

He has gone on to a private university, gotten his degree in finance and accounting and is working full time for the accounting firm that his mom is a partner in. Never once has he threatened anyone but makes it clear that he now has the ability to defend himself and will do so without hesitation should it become necessary. He tells me often that without the training and education I gave him on firearms safety, he would probably been as afraid of firearms as many of his friends.

Hell, I was 6 years old when I got my first NRA marksman badge at the YMCA in Chicago (ironic isn’t it?). That was in 1953 and I still have the target that got me that medal.

Education is the key.

• Starting the children up early through the corruption of GUNS is the way to destroying the gun controllers. All the crying and hand wringing of the professional anti-gunners, their politicians and news media matter naught IF your child left home with an AR-15 and 9mm handgun. Yes, all your kids NEED to have at least a small concealable when they move out; it’s certainly a SMALL investment in ensuring the viability of a working GUN CULTURE.

The GUN CULTURE is something passed on through ACTIVE measures, doing NOTHING to pass it on means the Cosmopolitans will win by default.

• Cinnamon Girl says:

This is impressive, especially when I assume you were not raised in the country as a child. However, if so, it would explain your comfort with firearms at least in part.

For example, my dad, who would have been your age if he had beat kidney disease, began shooting at age 8 and mastered it by age 10. His friends and he would hunt year round in South Georgia, with his father giving him only one order: eat what you shoot. He developed a taste for rabbit, venison, dove, quail, wild turkey, wild boar, and even squirrel. He kept a love of guns all of his life and owned and shot many hundreds over the years.

The first time he showed me a pistol I was about 6 years old and about two years later, I fired it, then graduated to rifles as a teen. This whole time we were living in the city.

It’s a shame that today’s culture, especially with more and more people gravitating toward and staying in and around cities, teaches kids the opposite of what you, your stepson, and my dad knew. To kids today, “guns” means violent death on urban streets. Sad.

• Rides A Pale Horse says:

Actually, CG, 1953 was the year that my dad moved us from Chicago to Northern Wisconsin and ultimately to the U.P. of Michigan. He was something of a visionary, seeing the degradation of Chicago as it was happening, he was determined to get his family out of what was even then becoming a ghetto.

So, I was, in fact, raised for the most part, in a “country” environment. My dad continued to show me the proper use of firearms and we often hunted together getting my first ruffed grouse with a Stevens single shot 20 ga. shotgun he gave me for Christmas when I was 9 and my first deer when I was 11 with his 1903 sporterized Springfield 30-06 (man that thing packed a wallop!). He passed away when I was 13 but by then, I had made many friends that also hunted and competed against each other at the range. “Sport” shooting was not something we did very often as we didn’t want to waste ammo. We hunted to survive, always consuming what we harvested.

It blows people away when I tell them that we used to take our guns to school during hunting seasons, leaving them in the principals office until school was out, then going into the woods which was a scant 50 yards or so from the school building. There were many times when the principal would show us a new gun that he had gotten and was always interested in seeing a new gun that any of us kids had gotten for Christmas or birthdays or just because.

Funny that with all those guns around in school and elsewhere, not one of us died or was injured from a gunshot nor were any others harmed by “gun violence”.

It was merely a way of life in the Northwoods.

Once again, it is EDUCATION that is the key.

• Cinnamon Girl says:

Your story sounds almost fully in line with my dad’s, except he was in the Southwoods :). No one he knew or knew of ever was injured by a firearm, either.

Though I never really had a chance to live the life he and you did, I’ve definitely come to appreciate it.

I fear that those days are over forever for more than one reason. Even areas that are still somewhat isolated from other large populations are filling up with illegal immigrants or American citizens who wouldn’t otherwise be there if it were not for Section 8 housing and/or other forms of welfare. People who do not adapt or assimilate and who do not have a stake in anything are more apt to steal, vandalize, or commit violent crime.

It ruined our cities, it’s now ruining our suburbs, and will soon ruin our rural areas.

A Hello Kitty Bubble Gun gets these liberal pansies so upset becuase their all a bunch of bubbleheads a head full of air nothing else

Just as rediculous as that school wanting the parents to change their kids name becuase the boys name is HUNTER someone eeds to tell the school officials to BUTT OUT of families private lives

• Excellent point Spur…I had forgotten all about that. Glad you pointed out this past example, it’s very apt here.

14. Here’s what I was talking about somewhere here yesterday and didn’t have a link. ~

15. This is where the right people should start fighting back and push has come to shove,,Shut these assholes and their zero tolerance bullshit up once and for all//’

• Amen brother! These f’ing assholes have overstepped their bounds once too often with this kind of stupidity. Every one of those school officials should be fired and brought up on criminal charges of child abuse.

16. This little five year old girl got exactly what she deserves… hell, I would have interrogated her for six hours instead of just three.

Btw… what is up with all that snow – I thought global warming was suppose to get rid of all that white stuff.

Btw #2… hope some moron in this school district gets their ass sued for retaining this little girl. Interrogate little girls but let ragheads walk through security lines at airports.

Face it… common sense in America is forever gone.