See update, below, regarding names not appearing next to published articles.
As some of you may have noticed by now, there have been some layout changes and some additions to the page. Notably, there is now a “FEMA Camp” section showing links to articles that anyone can post (though they must be Dude-approved, so keep your panties on). Here are the simple instructions to post articles of interest and your own commentary for the whole of Dudedom to see:
1. Go to the home page and scroll down to the middle of the page where you will find the “Add FEMA Camp Story”.
2. Enter your handle and email address (if you’re logged in, you won’t need to do this step).
3. Enter the title, URL, and a summary of the article you’re posting (e.g., your own opinion, an excerpt from the article, etc.).
4. Add some tags (key words relating to the article) to make enhance search engines finding your post, and also upload a cool picture to make your mark.
5. Click submit.
6. Wait for His Dudeness to approve your post. (If it gets rejected, take it up with him!)
Voila. Instant blogging success.
Questions, comments, complaints, criticisms, compliments? Leave them in the comments section below. We’ll make sure we readily ignore them.
Oh yeah, and no F or N words, nothing raunchy, etc.
Update 2012-02-05 14-45:
So there appears to be a bug in the FEMA Camp add-on in that it doesn’t show the author’s name if the post was published without being logged into AWD.com. Until an update is released that fixes this bug, in order to get your name to appear on your FEMA Camp post, you’ll need to sign into AWD.com first. You can find the “Log in” link at the very bottom of the page (see figure A1, below). If you don’t have an account, you’ll find the link to create one on the login page.