While I have no way of knowing how many of you happened to catch what El Rushbo had to say via his radio show yesterday, I thought it would be a pertinent question to ask of all of you today. Seems he’s had it up to here with what’s been going on in our country and stated as such…mainly out of pure frustration! Something I think we can all relate to as well…big time!

Here’s a couple stories about this, I’ll start with the first one and link to the second one, which has a video included as well. – This is via TB:

“Ladies and gentlemen, for the first time in my life I am ashamed of my country,” Rush Limbaugh said Thursday. “To be watching all of this, to have my intelligence – all of us – to have our common sense and intelligence insulted the way it’s being, is — it just makes me ashamed.”

The conservative radio host’s ire was the result of the sequester, the looming federal spending cuts set to automatically go into effect at the end of this month unless Congress and the White House can reach a deal. He called it “deja vu all over again” and ripped President Barack Obama for keeping himself above the fray and painting himself as a Washington outsider “even though it was his idea.”

“Here we get worked up over $44 billion – that’s the total amount of money that will not be spent that was scheduled to be spent this year,” Limbaugh said. “And in truth we’re going to spend more this year than we spent last year. We’re just not going to spend as much as projected. It’s all baseline budgeting. There is no real cut below a baseline of zero. There just isn’t. And yet here they come, sucking us in, roping us in. Panic here. Fear there. Crisis. Destruction. No meat inspection. No cops. No teachers. No firefighters. No air traffic control.

“I’m sorry, my days of getting roped into all of this are over. We have the media play along with all of this, the ruling class – both parties – play along with all of this,” he continued. “It’s insulting. I don’t know how else to describe it.”

Here’s a second report that has some more detail. – ‘Did Rush Limbaugh Just Launch a Tea Party Revival?’

What this gal is ashamed of is two-fold: The first being the msm of all venues being the lapdog for the dems and carrying the water for their messiah 24/7! The second being the majority of low-information voters that are allowed to vote when they don’t have a clue to what they’re doing and don’t bother to learn about whom they’ve decided to vote for. Instead they do as told like good little leftist lemmings and check the box that they’ve been instructed to. Plus, we can throw in the cradle to grave twits that suck at the teat of big brother, while the hard-working earners out in the real world are the very ones that provide that money for big brother, therefore providing for the money-grabbing takers! But, hey Dear Leader and ilk demand more from the workers that are taxed to death already…they just don’t give enough dontcha know! – ENOUGH ALREADY!

Well, enough of my rant…throw in yours! – Fire Away…Inquiring Minds Want to Know!

1. I am not ashamed of my Country BUT I am ashamed of what a cesspool it is becoming because of the a$$hole in the White House and all of his bloodsucking, creep jackasses friends.

• John, it’s been going on a lot longer than Obama. There are consequences for stupidity and we are paying.

awd

• Dave in Texas says:

I agree AWD. Take a look at our history over the last 25 years. It is disheartening to say the least. Interestingly enough I was feeling ashamed of what my country has become. At this point I don’t know how to feel. I am embarrassed by what our country is doing. I don’t know what else to say. Makes me sad.

• Well, I’m still quite attached to the idea of America, and the possibilities that lie therein. America in her beginning was an experiment. Sort of. Maybe we have not been vigilant enough, maybe we were too busy working, and raising families, trying to get ahead at work, or myriad other endeavors.

The wolf has always been at the door.

• Cinnamon Girl says:

MT, I concur. I’ve always surmised that a major reason for our downfall is that we, for the most part, couldn’t do anything about it.

We believed in the vote—-we had faith in it.

We were told to be good and accept not only our own slacking millions but also the hordes of southern (and so many other) invaders as sad people from terrible countries where there’s no work and no freedom. We had to work to feed, clothe, and shelter our families. But then, had to do the same for everyone else. And we still do, with no end in sight, as BT points out.

So, not only have the wolves always been at the door but we invited them in, sat them down to dinner, and they’re slowly, slowly eating us to death.

• So true. I was glad to hear Rush include both parties/ruling classes as well. – Speaks volumes…paying the price indeed!

• I completely agree but what troubles me the most is the incredibly rapid decline of our society since this idiot was originally elected and now it is accelerating the decline even more.

Obviously 51 percent of the Country has been completely fooled by this moron and his a$$hole buddies. They (the 51 percent) will wake up and pay in the end, the trouble is the other 49 percent of us are going to pay for it the most.

I am well into my 70’s now and fondly remember what this Country was in the 1940’s/50’s etc. and it is painful to see what it is coming to so very quickly.

Today is George Washington’s birthday, what would he think of what we have become?

2. I am proud or America. However, I am embarrassed by the people running America. The world is losing its envy of America. We are being diminished in the eyes of the world and our country is suffering.

• Right you are…exactly as Dear Leader planned. This is what he meant by his reference for his ‘transformation of America!’

3. Ditto ,,not ashamed of the country,but the BS happening in it due to the assholes at large is definitely bringing it down to a place it doesn;t deserve to be.

4. Ashamed and fed-up with current government, democrats and RINOs.

• Hear! Hear!

• A larger scale version of the UK. Same path to destruction, except those dumbasses live on an island – much easier to control illegal immigration. This is what happens when your ruling class loses touch with reality. Of course, their reality is not quite the same as for those down on the jungle floor. We have the real socialists on the one hand and, for the most part, pretend conservatives on the other. Beginning with Bush I, they’ve all sucked – I thought Slick Willy was the bottom of the barrel, but Obama has proven that there is no bottom.

• ‘There is NO BOTTOM’ indeed! – After the likes of Clintoon and the voters that reelected him, I as well didn’t think we could sink any lower and never would. – El wrongo again!

• And what kind of a country would elect someone to their highest office whose only qualifying experience was that of street agitator? Firing up crowds of semi-literate mooching morons with a fiery speech. Germany went down this path before, and when, for us, it reaches its seemingly inevitable conclusion, how many think there will be a Marshall Plan to repair all the damage? Now where’s my Obama sail fawn?

• Lol…’Obama sail fawn’…just what the heck is that, dare I ask?

• You remember the old bag up in Cleveland who was raving about getting a ‘free Obama sail fawn’? She was trying to say ‘cell phone’, but either through the influence of chemicals or stupidity (or both), the utterance that came out of her disgusting gob was ‘sail fawn’. With major emphasis on ‘free’.

• Roaring with laughter…glad you brought up that memory. I had forgotten all about that. 😉

5. If you really want to see one of the most unbelievable wastes of money, and reasons to start the revolution now, check this out: http://dailycaller.com/2013/02.....imination/

6. I couldn’t agree more than the summation of the stupidity when it comes to Roves group and this ad. – Read it, it’s short.

7. majorityofone says:

“I love my country but I fear my government” is a bumper sticker that seems to be popular around here.

It’s not so much that I’m ashamed of my country or even afraid of the government as it is I’m just plain disgusted.

There’s a lot of scorn heaped on welfare recipients most of it deserved, but I can find a small twinge of sympathy for some welfare recipients. Some of these people are third or fourth generation and have never known anything else. I can imagine myself being born into such circumstances and wonder if I would have managed to escape.

Then there is the other welfare class that never gets talked about as such. I’m talking about government employees. I would estimate that 50% of them could be whisked off to the planet Narcissis tomorrow and nobody would know they were gone. Of the remaining 50% maybe 10% actually do something useful and the rest are counterproductive. So what is government employment except a glorified form of welfare plus arrogance?

There’s a great reckoning coming and I believe it’s going to be between the host and the parasites. The parasites can’t win, if they kill the host, they’re dead. It not going to be pleasant for anyone.

8. Weak voices…I sure don’t hear any of the repubs being leaders of any kind during this BS fight!

• In order to effectively reach the mindless masses, our side needs an equivalent to what the left uses. It’s not really anything new, this is early 1920’s type stuff. Maybe they were just ahead of their time. By definition:

Agitation propaganda or Agitprop covers a wide range of activities such as: disseminating posters, leaflets, and movies; fabricating or distorting events, forging documents and spreading disinformation, to even committing acts of terrorism to force the enemy to react. Agitation propaganda’s versatility means it can be applied to endless applications and situations.

And the tools:

Agitational Trains and Ships: To expand the reach of the oral-agitation networks, the Bolsheviks pioneered using modern transportation to reach deeper into Russia. The trains and ships carried agitators armed with leaflets, posters and other various forms of Agitprop. The agitational trains expanded the reach of agitators into Eastern Europe, and allowed for the establishment of agitprop stations, consisting of libraries of propaganda material. The trains were also equipped with radios, and their own printing press, so they could report to Moscow the political climate of the given region, and receive instruction on how to custom print propaganda on the spot to better take advantage of the situation.

The agitprop trains included movie theaters and even strippers. I think you can see the potential. Unfortunately, this is the best image I could find:

• Do you think our side would ever really do as such?

• No, of course not. But we do have to have something that will reach those who rarely think. Continuous 24-hour cycles of propaganda and disinformation have created the low information voter, even if they only view this rubbish passively. It’s not just the ‘news’. What sort of positive values of normal society are promoted on any network or cable TV show? Or movies? By the way, the screenwriter for the film Lincoln was this fine, unbiased fellow:
          I might not go so far as to call him a typical Obama hack, but you can draw your own conclusions. No, I would not advocate anything that was not moral, legitimate, and sane, but that does not exclude unconventional. By the time the brain dead begin to suffer enough to make them want to revolt, it may very well be too late.

• Kushner’s unbiased alright…talk about right up the liberal alley! Hack indeed….and then some, but hey…he’s happily married as well. – What a guy.

Btw…I don’t want you to think I didn’t understand the premise of your previous post, I did. It’s just that I’ve given up on the majority of our side of the aisle fighting back with fire..they’re too chicken to do that, I find it hopeless anymore.

• Yes, I know what you mean. It’s just difficult to concede that there is no way to turn the tide. It astounds me to talk to people around here who should know better. There aren’t that many, but still…Class warfare, evil oil companies, the heartless rich who don’t pay their ‘fair share’, and on and on. That message seems to always play really well. Maybe the best we can do is to dream about a separation of the country into regions of individualists and collectivists. I don’t know what the answer is. This may just be me, but have you ever noticed that those on our side generally view most politicians with at least a little skepticism, while those on the left are almost worshipful to the point of being able to describe them as lickspittle minions? Going another direction, one shady character that seemed to get little attention, at least compared to most Obamagoons, was Emil Jones. Remember him?

• Wow…I recalled the name, but not the connection. I hope others take a minute to read that great link Snake…it speaks volumes, as well as how the powerful political power machine works…especially in Chicago! – And lord knows, all of us are paying for that price now!

• Pretty good article.

Some scientists fear that human intelligence is declining. Gee whiz, they noticed. They chalk it up to a genetic mutation, or fluoride in our drinking water, pesticides, processed food, whatever.

But they’ve only scratched the surface. Here are some of the other key factors behind the rise of idiocy.

One. Higher education makes you stupid. There is no way you can sit in a college classroom for seven years to get a degree in “human rights” or “women’s studies” and not turn into an imbecile. If you think the university doesn’t maim the human mind, you haven’t really listened to the Occupy Wall Street crowd.

Two. Public schooling makes you stupid. How could there be a sillier idea than to make your age-group peers—other kids who are as dumb as you are—the most important, the most influential people in your life, and conformity your goal in life? Not to mention such added frills as the gender coach, the cuddle puddle, “social studies,” and “math” lessons about the joys of redistributing wealth. As Paul Simon once put it, “When I think back on all the crap I learned in high school, it’s a wonder I can think at all.” Only the process starts in kindergarten, not in high school.

Three. Being governed by Democrats makes you stupid. Some would disagree, saying that being governed by Democrats is an effect of stupidity, not a cause. Who but complete dunderheads would ever choose to be governed by Obama, Joe Biden, Harry Reid, Bob Menendez, Charlie Rangel, Nancy Pelosi, Barbara Boxer, Hank Johnson, and on and on to the last drop of distilled brainlessness? Case in point: Dems propose “universal pre-school.” Why wait until kindergarten to start the stupefying process? The fact that the country can’t afford such a colossal waste of money is just icing on the cake. Anyhow, scientific studies prove that just listening to the above-mentioned individuals causes necrosis of the brain cells.

Republicans are not much better—but who can remember the last time Republicans governed anything? As soon as they take the oath of office, they start acting like Democrats.

• Well said…the last paragraph says it all about the majority of the repubs.

9. bluffcreek1967 says:

I love the OLD America. I’m proud of that country. I can’t honestly say I’m proud of the NEW America. I almost don’t feel like this is my country anymore. So many of the people I talk to in the course of my job seem to view America in ways I never have. Our entire nation has had its brain removed!

This is why I am for peaceful secession (if at all possible). I hope Americans will make a choice, and that we will separate into two nations (the blue and red states, the Left and Right states or however one wishes to conceive of it). I don’t think we can salvage this once great nation. The damage is much too deep and severe. Our divisions are much too broad now. With liberalism polluting everything, with traitorous politicians in every branch of government, with third-world immigrants flooding our entire land, how can we even think that all this can be reversed by simply voting in Republicans or ‘conservative’ candidates?

It’s over now. We must think differently about our nation. I hope in the days ahead – if peaceful secession is implemented – that we carefully reorganize that new nation in light of our Constitution and Bill of Rights. But may we never forget the destructive lessons of liberalism and third-world immigration!

• bc…

Wished your site had a twitter button type of thing. I see a couple ones I would have liked to send to twitter. – Good site. 😉

• bluffcreek1967 says:

Thanks bigtimer! I’m still trying to learn how to do everything, and I admit I’m not as computer savvy as others. But soon, it will be up and running with all the bells and whistles.

• Oh heck, you’re more than welcome. You write and post extremely well. Wished I had your talents along with many I admire and follow when I can…never enough time.

As far as being computer savvy…I’m in the same boat as you. 😉

• bc –

I checked out your site. You are SPOT ON with your views, especially regarding the GOP and amnesty. I’ll be a regular visitor.

IM NOT ASHAMED TO BE AAMERICAN CITIZEN im just sick and tired of BARACK OBAMA and his band of outlaws

11. I listen to Rush every day. I think what he is doing here is juxtaposing his comment with the comment of Michelle Obama when it looked fairly certain that her husband would win in 2008.

She said something to the effect, ‘for the first time in my life I’m not ashamed of my country’. Whatever Mooch.

That’s what I think anyway.

• I thought that too…and it can be intertwined easily. But, he clarified today what he meant…and he’s seriously ashamed of what our country and those involved have done to it at this stage of the game. It’s probably a combination of everything combined…like we all feel everyday since this administration got in and reelected, along with the pathetic leadership we have on the right side of the aisle. – We’re all past fed up!

12. Sort of off-topic, still…it has to do with why people are embarrassed of what this country is and has become.

13. Remember, folks, America is NOT her government. America is a state of mind. So long as one human being on Earth stands up for Liberty…America still exists.

14. This is what we’re still fighting against with the enemies within. They’re getting ready to really cheat, obfuscate and suppress the real, honest votes ‘again’ for the midterms as well as the next presidential election. – Be aware.

15. I’m ashamed of our president for many reasons… but one of the biggest reasons is that Obummer has divided the country like never before.

• “TRNSFORMATION” Paul…Dear Leader’s ‘transformation of America’…just as he said he was going to do during his first run for prez, and the masses cheered!

16. Sooo…does anyone think this will make one iota of difference?

He will stay…Dear Leader will grant it so.

• The drunken uncle will get amnesty, along with the 30-40 million others. If that creature currently infesting the White House gets his way, according to his amnesty plan, it would “provide work permits and a ‘path to citizenship’ to illegal immigrants who have fled police and or who await deportation in jail. It would also provide a pathway for immigrants whose convictions are subsequently vacated, and for those who have been jailed for fewer than five years . . .” So the illegals (who are already criminals) who have committed further crimes while in the U.S., will be allowed to stay to subject us to more of their mayhem.

I love my country, but I DESPISE our current “leadership.”

17. Check this out…here’s an update from Rush’s show yesterday concerning this issue.

18. If America is understood in terms of political oversight of the constitutional protections against tyranny of government, and one considers the fundamental assault on those protections, ie, fraud at the polls, illegal military action in Libya, allowing unfettered immigration, shredding of the constitution with abuses like Fast and Furious, drone strike killing of an american citizen without due process, the commerce clause, the NDAA, the printing of money, polarizing rhetoric from elected officials and more. And considering that all this is done with the acquiescence of the majority of citizens, those very folks whose duty it is to protect the republic…….Well ashamed comes to mind but my feeling is a heart felt sickness…..It is all over, the great experiment in government by the people for the people has failed, due to lack to diligence of those entrusted.

• Very well put. How many sold their birthright for reality TV, legalized marijuana, and various other dubious forms of amusement. Amuse – it literally means ‘no think’ – maybe the ‘A’ in USA should now stand for that.

“In the world’s broad field of battle,
      In the bivouac of Life,
      Be not like dumb, driven cattle!
      Be a hero in the strife!”

• Amen Dan…to every word you posted!

• NYC Whole Foods Uses Obama In ‘Racist’ Ad

From NBC Bay Area:

Whole Foods’ Chicken Ad Featuring Obama Outrages Neighbors

The supermarket took down the sign after shoppers complained it was offensive

By Pei-Sze Cheng | February 21, 2013

A Whole Foods supermarket in New York has removed a sign that used a drawing of President Barack Obama to advertise a sale on chicken after complaints that the ad was offensive.

The sign outside the supermarket on Manhattan’s Upper West Side, featuring an apparent caricature of Obama advertising an upcoming sale on whole organic chickens, outraged neighbor Woody Henderson.

“There are certain things that have been used to put down black people — watermelon, fried chicken,” he said.

But isn’t this art? Liberals want to censor art?

Besides, who are the real racists here? It wouldn’t even occur to most sane people to make such a connection. These idiots don’t see Obama as President, or even as a human being. They only see him as black.

Oh, my! Look at the poster and read the comments!

• Snake…

I heard about this yesterday…I am so sick and tired of the race-card being played every single day somewhere! There are days when I just can’t take anymore…today is one of them!

Btw…I also heard Whole Sale pulled their ads or whatever. People need to stop bowing to these complaining race-baiters…period!

• I know. It has gotten to be like a parody. That article was written by Pea-Size Chang. One of the funky Chinamen from funky Chinatown. They were chopping men up. They were chopping men down. Sorry about that. Did you know it is against the law to play ‘Kung Fu Fighting’ on the radio in the UK?

• I wished I could ask you if you’re kidding about the UK and Kung Fu Fighting…but, I do not doubt it for one second!

I’ve got to try to get a post on pretty soon. Have a couple saved as well to post today…that is if I get the time. ~

19. I hate to admit it, but admit, I must… There’s a big part of me that wants this country to implode, crash, and burn during Ovomit’s tenure just so the blame can be laid on his doorstep.

• Quartier LeBlanc says:

You’re kidding me right? Blame Obama? Hell man you might as well blame God. They’ll be blaming Bush for the next century and the Dems will eat it up with a shovel.

• QLB – I have another totally off topic question for you. Do you know where Madisonville is? If so or if not, have you ever been to Buc-ee’s? I’ve never seen anything like it.

20. I am not ashamed of my country….Im ashamed of what it is becoming thanks to the f’ing democrats and bleeding heart piece of shit liberals.

21. I’m so embarrassed that Obama was re-elected by parasites, baby killers, perverts and illegals.. so yes I am ashamed because the world has to be laughing at us right now.

Dont believe we are in trouble just look at the stupidity coming from the congressional black caucus… hard to believe that fools like that walk the halls of congress were great men once tread… our country has fallen so far its embarrassing

so YES.. I am ashamed of what this country has become

22. “A Republic Madam, if you can keep it”

• Huh? I’m missing your point Whosebone. Can you expand a little for a simple gal such as I…it’s been a long day.

• When asked what type of government the American people were going to participate in, by a well-meaning woman, a stern Benjamin Franklin warned that our new government was going to be “A republic, madam, if you can keep it.”

I’ll throw this one in for free…

“The death of democracy is not likely to be an assassination from ambush. It will be a slow extinction from apathy, indifference, and undernourishment.”

Robert Hutchins

23. Bring Bush Back So That The Democrat Leftist Media Will Start Holding SOMEONE Accountable!!

Bush would never have gotten away with Benghazi. Bring him back so that the left will start questioning him as if it’s the inquisition. If Bush started banning arms, (guns) the left would scream that he is a Nazi, Right-wing, Fascist. When Obama does it, its OK. Bush would never have gotten away with Fast and Furious–which nobody even remembers, anymore. If Bush had put boots-on-the-ground in Egypt and Libya, (WITHOUT congressional approval) the MSM would be demanding his impeachment and calling him a war criminal (Which he would be,) but since OBAMA does it, it’s all good. Murder is OK when Obama does it.. If the gas prices were up to $3.89 (as it is today), it would be on MSNBC, CNN, ABC et al, non-stop.

24. Am I ashamed of my country? Let’s just say I am ashamed of the dumb masses with which it is now populated. “Land where my fathers died, Land of the pilgrims’ pride.” Yeah, pride is an unknown quality now and has been replaced by “Gimme more.” The “Rock and rills and templed hills” are still the same however it now seems lost as a nation. Back to pride. That is a feeling that swells the chest when one has accomplished a task in an approved manner. Whether it’s managing a multi-national business or mowing the lawn. Pride in a job well done. I refuse to believe human nature sets the “Something for nothing” mentality. That type mentality is a learned condition. Pride in one’s self and others built this nation and kept it great for generations until about the 1960’s. Welfare, or the ease of qualifying, seems to be when the downfall began. The Government’s and media’s pushing the ‘Victim class’ mentality swelled the welfare rolls to the point of bankruptcy while giving legitimacy to make-believe contributions of this class. Ashamed? Damn right.

• Where you place the time of its beginning is exactly right. The ‘Great Society’, among other things, created a government-dependent class and destroyed the black family.

• “It’s everyone’s fault but my own, and most especially the fault of those guys that weren’t treated as humans for ages!”

I hope RUSH isnt going to sound like one of these sniveling little liberal wanks we have had enough of them

26. I was ashamed of this country long before everyone went ballistic and blamed everything that sucked on the black guy.