Well, well, well…seems some boycotts taking place in New York may end up hurting the state in more ways than one! – The political whiz-bangs of smart are going to be hearing and feeling the sound of backfire very soon!

This will end up being a ‘Be Careful What You Wish For‘ situation. – Read about this in full here, there will be highlighted links to the information above and below the video that you should check out if you’re interested. – I’ve highlighted a few of them in this blog post.

Olympic Arms, a top American gun manufacturer known for its AR15s, recently announced that, because of the political climate in New York state, the company would not sell its firearms to state law enforcement until the new gun laws are repealed.
Guns.com reported

Firearm manufacturer Olympic Arms announced that they will no longer sell to New York law enforcement in protest of the gun control laws recently passed there.

“Legislation recently passed in the State of New York outlaws the AR15 and many other firearms, and will make it illegal for the good and free citizens of New York to own a large selection of legal and safe firearms and magazines. We feel as though the passage of this legislation exceeds the authority granted to the government of New York by its citizens, and violates the Constitution of the United States, ignoring such SCOTUS rulings as District of Columbia v. Heller — 554, U.S. 570 of 2008, McDonald v. Chicago — 561 U.S. 3025 of 2010, and specifically the case of United States v. Miller — 307 U.S. 174 of 1939.”

“Due the passing of this legislation, Olympic Arms would like to announce that the State of New York, any Law Enforcement Departments, Law Enforcement Officers, First Responders within the State of New York, or any New York State government entity or employee of such an entity — will no longer be served as customers.”

“In short, Olympic Arms will no longer be doing business with the State of New York or any governmental entity or employee of such governmental entity within the State of New York — henceforth and until such legislation is repealed, and an apology made to the good people of the State of New York and the American people.”

Tom Spithaler of Olympic Arms talked about the recent slew of gun laws that is destroying business and jobs in the firearms industry. The interview with Spithaler took place at the SHOT Show this year.

More… Grass Roots North Carolina is running an email campaign to get Glock, SIG, and Smith& Wesson to boycott NY as well.

There are 800,000 police in the US, including federal, state, and local. There were 2,495,440 NICS checks last month alone. These companies could stop selling to police and not miss the sales.

Here’s the list of companies who have joined the boycott, including press release links.

So friends…what do you think about this? Will what’s going on here make a difference or not?

Throw in your two-cents…Fire Away – Inquiring Minds Want to Know!

1. majorityofone says:

I suspect that this action will boost sales for Olympic Arms to private citizens. I don’t know how much the boycott of one company will affect NY government entities. After all they can always acquire ARs through straw purchases via Eric Holder.

2. Hope the ammo company’s do the same and carry it to the Federal level and cancel the DHS order for the millions of rounds of ammo, let them pick up their brass and reload their own.

I can imagine the NEW YORK SLIMES,NEW YORK URINAL,WASHINGTON COMPOST,BOSTON SLOB,ATLANTA URINAL/CONSTIPATION,SLIME and well asll the various talking heads accusing them of attempting to Blackmail the state but their doing the right thing and tell the media reptiles to TAKE A HIKE

4. Then we have THIS!

Insanity at it’s best!

5. The jackboots have enough arms anyway. Next thing on the agenda, get the arms factories out of looney land. We have plenty of room in Mississippi.

BOYCOTT WALGREENS and BUFFALO WILD WINGS for their anti-gun policies

7. Magpul released a statement today,stating in very clear language, that they are leaving Commierado if the new house bill passes banning standard capacity magazines. Good on them I say. If CO doesn’t want Magpul’s money, then there’s no reason whatsoever to force it on them.

8. Always said… what goes around comes around. Hope other companies join in on the boycott.

• You and me both! I hope what’s happening here will have some kind of pull for other bigger companies to join them that have mentioned in the blog post itself.

9. Off-Topic…does anyone happen to be watching Dr. Carson on Hannity’s show now? – Just curious.

• No, but I know you must have heard about this one.

Maureen O’Connor, former San Diego mayor, lost $1B gambling

In 2013, O’Connor was charged with money laundering. Under arrangements with federal prosecutors, she has agreed to repay $2 million which she allegedly took from a nonprofit foundation she managed. Prosecutors said she had had gambling wins and losses exceeding $1 billion over the period 2000-2008, leaving her “destitute”.

Political party Democrat

That should explain a lot right there. Very consistent with many of their other schemes.

10. Cinnamon Girl says:

Here in GA, the subject of firearms came up amongst some new and old friends of mine last night, and I couldn’t help but notice that the “tyranny of cool” has hit some people right here in a very red county of a red state.

Two were complaining that the current sheriff and many in the county administration are simply redneck good ol’ boys, mostly because they support the Second Amendment as it is.

I retorted with a question, which was to the effect of asking them to tell me what is bad about the Second Amendment, any part of it. I got nothing but parroted answers that seemed cut straight from the leftist playbook such as how ordinary citizens have “no business owning an assault weapon”.

Needless to say I don’t care to hang out with two of these people again. I know politics is difficult in mixed company but I’ll be damned if I keep my mouth shut any more. I can sit there quietly and nod or I can speak up for our Constitution, our rights, and our freedoms. I shall choose the latter.

• CG…

I take it you no longer live in Florida and have established yourself in Georgia now.

Good for you and what you do to take part and speak your voice, let alone have the patience to put up with the loons that don’t have the common sense of a fence post…I used to be able to handle that…not so much anymore.

Anyway gal…I sincerely thank you for all you do….we need more like you to carry that torch of freedom and liberty.

• ” I got nothing but parroted answers that seemed cut straight from the leftist playbook such as how ordinary citizens have “no business owning an assault weapon”.”

Next time someone states this, how about saying this:

“Why, you’re absolutely CORRECT. Only your MASTERS should own assault weapons!”

11. That’s exactly what you must do CG! There’s nothing to be scared of, the worst they can do is insult you. They’re scared of guns and full of insecurity, project yourself with the pride of knowing that you believe in liberty and self-ownership. You’re having all the right ideas, tell people.

12. Cinnamon Girl says:

Thanks everyone, for your replies. Right away I could pretty much tell the two were “hipsters” but I try my best to keep an open mind. However, they brought it up and I simply gave my educated opinion and defended the real establishment, which are those of us who believe in our Constitution. Without it, we are nothing.

• Amen gal…Amen!

• master of sinanju says:

CG,all due respect, Effem cut’em loose,I know it will hurt, I have had to part ways with a few friends from work who took the same oath I did, but never really BELIEVED the words.We all will be better off without them. And, I’m sad to say that will include some family members, I have a brother who swore the same oath as I, but he believes only law enforcement and military should be armed. My father’s teaching did not take with him I guess.I did pose the ? to him about the failure of “mental health/psych.” specifically dorner the cop killer, his reply was basically everybody is a little crazy and should be watched. !!!??? Who determines who is crazy!? Some liberal anti gun psych? Family member? Pastor?I said the system failed in this case because of dorners skin color the same thing in the frt. Hood shooters case protected minority status.(muslim)

13. Obama (Doesn’t) Allay Fears Of Handgun Ban

From The Hill:

Obama seeks to allay fears: ‘I actually don’t think we should ban handguns’

By Jonathan Easley | February 14, 2013

President Obama on Thursday sought to allay the fears of gun advocates by saying he’s not looking to ban handguns and would pursue controls that were “respectful of regional differences.”

Didn’t Obama say exactly the same thing about being respectful of religious viewpoints, right before he issued his birth control mandates on religious institutions?

During a Google Plus “Fireside Hangout,” Obama was asked why he favored a ban on assault weapons, which account for only a small percentage of gun deaths, as opposed to handguns, which are responsible for the majority.

“I actually don’t think we should ban handguns,” Obama said. “But keep in mind what we’re trying to do is come up with a package that protects Second Amendment rights but also contributes to reduce violence.”

If the goal is to reduce violence, why doesn’t he want to ban handguns as well, since they are the major cause of gun violence?

Obama said assault weapons and high-capacity magazines are “generally not used for hunting” —

Neither are handguns.

and that while banning them won’t “solve every problem,” it “can play a meaningful part” in reducing gun violence.

Huh? If assault weapons are only a tiny part of the problem, why not go after the real problem which (to his mind) is handguns?

The truth is he will go after the real problem, once he has his foot in the door. Then he will use the argument that handguns are the cause of the vast majority of ‘gun violence,’ so of course they have to be banned.

• Yep…that’s the agenda in a nutshell! – Problem is, does the majority of Amercia care? Are they really understanding what will happen to them or their off-spring on down the road if they don’t? …The ‘Don’t’ category is what the leftist proggs depend on. So far…they are winning!

• If they see any opening, they’ll push as far as they can. I’m embarrassed to say that I didn’t see this one coming, too distracted by the battles on all the other fronts.

• Sometimes these days, there are too many battles to keep up with Snake. – The enemy within is gaining…we have to win this war! It’s a must…or we are done as a free people! Hell, ya can already feel the strangulation by Big Brother taking place one or the other daily!

• There’s a mighty big storm brewing. The thought of a disarmed citizenry facing hordes of thugs and savages from the moocher/parasite class, after they become enraged when the government can no longer muster the resources to keep them placated, makes me shudder. But – if free citizens maintain their right to arms and we end up in a Yugoslavia-style free-for-all, the low octane types are going to end up in a world of hurt. Wouldn’t want to be living in a big city, or even close to one.

• As to your summation – Me either and glad I don’t live in one, just for some of the reasons you mentioned in your post, and then some more.

• Balkanization,indeed. Frankly right now I’m not against some Red states seceding.

• Quartier LeBlanc says:

Snake, it’s why I live in rural America now. The cowboys are real, the women think a 243 is a kid’s weapon and one of my favorite places is a real live barber shop complete with a pole and some of the best old fashioned shaves in Texas.

• You are a wise man, QLB. Funny you should mention .243 – it seems to be about the only type of ammo around these parts you can still get your hands on. In any quantity, that is.

• master of sinanju says:

Although I love my state, Ca., I hate all the liberal, looney, lefty,scumbags who have dragged it down into the gutter, and sadly with a heavy heart I will possibly leave it for greener pastures (Tx., Az.) when my sainted Mother goes to her reward, some of my siblings do not live here anymore, and my mother is the only thing that keeps them coming back, I know once she passes we will no longer have the big reunions,so there will be nothing keeping me here either, I will miss both badly, but at least Texas has a ocean/coastline, thanks dad, for introducing me to your second greatest love, Mom being the first.

• Its called “shotsighted” most of em can’t see the Big picture let alone past their own noses. Selfish and demanding of instant gratification.

14. Here’s some more fun to throw in this mix.

Dontcha just love this!?

15. bargis tryhol says:

The next logical step would be to put pressure on New York manufacturing firms like Remington, Kimber, Henry Arms, and others to move out of New York to a friendly red state. Screw Cuomo!

• Yes, only problem is that it doesn’t screw Cuomo at all . Cuomo doesn’t give a rats butt; it screws your average joe, who is just a person like you trying to make a living.

• Quartier LeBlanc says:

You got it in one Boots. Cuomo would love for these companies and their red voters to leave upstate. Do you think anyone stupid enough to disinvest in profitable companies gives a rat’s ass about the people who work and make these companies profitable? Cuomo and his daddy never even have had a real job, they don’t even begin to understand the concept.

16. What about the hello kitty gun? Will those still be available to law enforcement? (sorry, I couldn’t help myself – that story was too much!)

17. Have any of you heard about this?