Here we go again! Another day…another school suspension that has to do with something as simple as a picture of a big, bad gun dontcha know!

This time the person involved is high school freshman David McClaine Jr. and a picture he had saved for his desktop background. As if that picture is going to jump out of the computer, turn into a real AK-47 and start randomly shooting at everyone all by it’s lonesome!

When is this craziness going to end with those that are in authority and their suspensions for everyone of all ages? This comes down to their own lunacy regarding guns via their own viewfinders in life! It’s insanity…enough is enough!

Here’s the report. See what you think about all of this. – This is via abc15:

FLORENCE, AZ – A high school student in Florence said he has been suspended because of a picture of a gun.

Daniel McClaine Jr., a freshman at Poston Butte High School, said he saved the picture as his desktop background on his school-issued computer.

A teacher noticed it and turned him in.

The picture shows an AK-47 on top of a flag.

McClaine said the school initially suspended him for three days Friday.

Since the laptop belongs to the school, the district policy states students are prohibited from “sending or displaying offensive messages or pictures,” and cannot access, send, create or forward pictures that are considered “harassing, threatening, or illegal.”

McClaine said he read the guidelines but does not consider the picture threatening to anyone.

“This gun wallpaper does not show anything that’s violent. It’s not showing anybody getting shot in any way. It’s just a picture of a gun. It’s nothing — nobody getting shot, nobody getting it pointed at them, it’s nothing,” said McClaine.

McClaine said the gun is not his. He’s interested in joining the military and said he found it on the internet.

Dana Hawman, a spokesperson for the Florence Unified School District, released the following statement:

Although we cannot specifically discuss student discipline, we can certainly agree that violence in schools is a sensitive and timely issue. Students, parents and staff are on edge, and the daily news delivers more reasons for caution. All of us must work together to protect our kids and to cultivate an environment that is conducive to learning.

Daniel’s father said after ABC15 contacted the school, the administration backed down and will let his son return to school on Monday instead of Wednesday.

“To me it’s ridiculous. Three days for a picture? It wasn’t like he was standing in front of the school holding the gun,” said Daniel McClaine Sr. “He should have got a warning. He shouldn’t have ever been suspended. Not for something so frivolous.”

You can read another great report here. This has more information about all involved with this story above, and some of the ridiculous suspension in the past, some of which I’ve posted about in as well.

So friends, what do you think about all of this? Do any of you think this big brother, authoritarian attitude is going to come to a halt anytime soon in our public schools across this land…or not?

Throw in your two cents…Fire Away – Inquiring Minds Want to Know!

1. Mr. Grumpus says:

No, the craziness won’t stop any time soon. We have a long way to go until we’re as crazy as Britain, and they havn’t stopped yet. Once we have been fully islamized, then it will be alright to have gun pictures again. Granted, there will be many downsides, but the guns will be OK again.

2. The rate the schools are going If he had a picture of two queers knobing each other he would have been placed on the honor roll.

3. As far as I’m concerned, anyone who sends their kids to Publik Skool in this day and age, is guilty of child abuse. These places aren’t concerned with learning so much as indoctrination. That’s why the ‘zero tolerance’ attitudes are so prevalent–they want a garduating class of weak-minded cowards, not well-rounded, well-educated, independent citizens.

Private school. Home school. Do whatever you have to do to keep your children out of Leviathan’s grasp.

• Totally agree with you. Unfortunately the leftists have ensured that many in our society can’t do as you suggest…they’ve managed to be successful with their game plan too.

• You are so right. Its not really school anymore but an indoctrination holding cell, i.e. a babysitter till parents get off work. I really hate to see how our grade school children of today fare when they have to work to make a living, or will they all work on collectives as State Slaves. Its going to take a major revolution and several Reagan minded Presidents to turn this boat around and make it right again.
      Hell we had a Gun Club in our High School, but then again kids were not fed a steady diet of psychotropic drugs. We only had the school shootings when they started feeding kids all this shit medicine they really don’t need. Start suing the Doctors that prescribe it and the drug companies that make it, there will be far less prescribed and made.

• You can start with the parents that allow those meds to be shoved down their child’s throat. They are the ones I blame first and foremost.

Heck, they wanted me to shove some med down my son’s throat and that was about 33 years ago. – Of course, I said no how, no way! – Had a huge back and forth with the teacher as well.

• The Parents are probably on them also. Going back in time into the 1970’s the Mass Shootings we and other countries have had The Only Common Factor was
          the shooters used or had been on Psychotropic Drugs, the only thing tying it all together and we are ignoring it and talking mental health. Its not mental health its THESE DRUGS! These drugs are causing mental health problems, they alter, permanently, young growing brains. They destroy children. Congress does not want to address it head on or Obama, they have been BOUGHT AND PAID by Big Pharma, the Fix is in. Those that directly address it in Congressional hearings will see their reelection money dry up. Both sides are complicit in this, thats the dirty little secret, in the meantime our children are being used in drug experiments. Many of these drugs are black boxed with warnings of suicidal thoughts for users and to tell your Dr about it. DUHHHH does anyone think children are going to admit they have these thoughts or even adults? We are letting our children down and letting guns be blamed for the problem when all the STATs are right there in our face. The Dude that runs Front Site Academy documented this very meticulously. Drugs and Guns don’t mix,
          just as Boats and Booze, Cars and Booze don’t mix well, Guns and Booze don’t mix.
          Until we face the issue dead on and stop all the useless talk we are just going to have more shootings like this and more attempts to grab our guns and they just may get an opening. Gang killings are a totally different animal, they are organized crime and need to be dealt with as such and Police Chiefs that can’t get a handle on it as well as City fathers need to be dismissed. They are useless and part of the problem.

• Excellent post, excellent points and truly spot-on in every aspect you touched. – I’m with ya on this…trust me.

10 to 1 the shooter with PTSD was full of these drugs. Got a friend from the 1st Gulf War still trying to dig out from under these drugs. He has PTSD and they just keep him jacked up on this shit. The VA will not fund a prolonged withdrawal program from the drugs, some can take 2-3 years to get off.

• Some folks are poor and desperate.

• Wraith-

Nana and Pa (me), contribute to one grand daughters schooling costs to keep her out of the public school system. Fortunately, my other children are able to afford private and charter schools for their children.

4. An AK-47 on flag that has a red white and blue background, with a ‘red’ star on it? Whats up with that?

• I wondered about that too. My way of thinking was this young man says he wants to join the military and the AK-47 on that flag may represent fighting our enemies thru his young eyes…or something like that. – Just a guess.

5. Mr. Grumpus says:

Michael, I’ve been wrong before, but I think maybe that is a Serbian flag. The people we bombed for the muslims under Clinton.

• Mr. G….

That’s exactly what we did. As far as I’m concerned that whole episode was despicable in more ways than one, and then some. – But, hey…al Qaeda was happy as hell about it as they continued on with their routes for various reasons and such. (wished I had some of my old links about this)

• TY Mr. Grumpus and Snake Oiler. Maybe the kid doesn’t know it’s meaning, or maybe he does. I guess the point is that he got booted from school for it, and that is nuts. Back in the 60’s when I was in grammar school, ‘Rat Fink’ and all the biker art was popular. Iron crosses, coal scuttle helmets and all that stuff. I never got kicked out of school for it.

• I remember exactly the kind of paraphernalia you are talking about. Believe it or not, it even reached out here into the hinterlands.

• master of sinanju says:

ME too!! biggie rat, CARtoons cool stuff. I can’t believe that happened in Az.!! Thank God my oldest graduates this year, and my youngest in two, I deprogram them when they get home from school, I ask what they “learned” if it meets my criteria all is well and good, if not not we spend some time in my library or online debunking or learning the truth, we do live in a fairly conservative part of Ca.

This zero tollrence is one of the most idiotic ideas ever its no wonder our school system stinks Its all becuase of this idiotic PC nonsense

7. I don’t know what flag that is but I suspect something from the Soviet Block, sometimes google is not all powerful

But for heavens sake give that kid a break, it’s a picture of an AK-47 the peasant gun, engineered by a socialist, and mass produced by several communist regimes, and employed against the United States of America for the last 60 years.

Shouldn’t this kid be getting an A+ in civics for having this glorious tool of “The People” as his desk top background

just sayin’

• Snake Oiler says:

That’s right, well over 50 million of them have been produced. And as the song went…

The year was 1965
      The war had just begun
      The Cong had the smallest stature
      But had the Russian guns

8. Flag of Socialist Republic of Croatia (subdivision of SFR Yugoslavia).

June 2, 1945 – June 27, 1990

Closest match but the star is upside down versus the picture I saw or the color fields are.

9. Yep good catch Mr. Bill and Snake. that’s the closest match I have seen, give that kid in FLORENCE, AZ extra credit for using a Socialist flag as the backdrop for his gun statement.

Jeez looks to me like the kid was just trying to impress his socialist teachers, I bet if he says the Pledge of Allegiance backwards in Arabic, they will expunge his permanent record.

• misterb…

Both of those vids speak volumes in their own ways that have to do with what’s going today in our nation and with the citizens that reside here etc etc.

10. BT, I like to consider myself a tough guy. But it truly makes me want to cry when I think of the Serbs. They were true American allies that loved our ideals, and tried to raise an American revolution against their muslim overlords. Instead of supporting them, our government, with the MSM’s help, convinced us to bomb them into submission. Too sad

• You bet it was…and with another dem in power in the WH we’re still the very same thing to this day in some parts of this world. – Should make people wonder why and then wake the hell up, already!

11. This shit will continue until people have the balls to confront these assholes and put an end to it. Let them know in no uncertian terms the crap is over and its time for them to go outside and play in the street,while the adults talk and fix their libeal ass stupid screw ups once and for all.

12. clearthinkin1 says:

How I wish I could attend his school for a day! I would have the absolutely non photoshopped picture of our dear leader firing his shotgun (levelled), skeet shooting, as he always does at camp David, on my laptop. I don’t think that would rate a suspension. Where is Rod Serling, this must be the “twilight zone”.

13. Cinnamon Girl says:

Please correct me if I am wrong but isn’t it true that every skirmish or war we’ve gotten into, Grenada accepted, was against Muslims? I was just thinking about this the other day. We are either helping to defend another country from them or trying to remove them (as in from Iraq and Afghanistan).

I see where KING BLOOMJERK is putting a antigun propeganda peice on tomorrows SUPER BOWL i hope it backfires on this stupid jackass and people decide to BOYCOTT NEW YORK CITY this summer

15. Cinnamon Girl says:

Speaking of Bloomy:

While I commend him on such a donation, I previously had no idea he was that wealthy. It’s too bad he doesn’t spread the wealth around. Oh, wait, that’s for everyone else to do.

16. The end game is to remove guns from our society. They will indoctrinate the children to dislike guns through propaganda. They will be taught to turn on each other as well as their families. The sale of toy guns to our youth will be a thing of the past. Our sons will be brought up in a society to be nutless, opinion less, effeminate jellyfish.

• BigLittleKid says:

Are you sugesting that anyone who doesn’t own a gun is a “nutless, opinion less, effeminate jellyfish”?

Just asking …
      I’d like to know how many guns Redstater owns, or Bigtimer (or her husband)?

• For purposes which should be obvious, I cannot divulge any information pertaining to what I may or may not possess in this category of personal property.

• BigLittleKid says:

For purposes which should be obvious?
          It doesn’t seem to bother AWD?

But he’s the only blog poster here who talks about actually owning guns. (I’m not talking about people who comment, but people who write the posts on this blog.)

• AWD’s in Texas. I’m in NYC. Should be obvious.

• I do not have any guns either and I plan to get a CC for my non existent gun(s) in a couple of weeks. Per my local newspaper, there are lines at the sheriff’s office to get a CC.

My wife and I took a gun safety lesson about to years ago and feel we need another session. Just in case I need to use my gun(s) which do/does not exist.

• BigLittleKid says:

Same goes for Bigtimer and her hubby I assume…. or maybe she lives in the same area as Redstater…. No guns! Nobody on here has guns! Yeah right. They’re ALL “nutless, opinion less, effeminate jellyfish”!

• BigLittleKid, where are you going with all this “who owns guns” thing? I live in Texas where arsenals are as common as womerns with big hair. Red lives in the hellhole of NYC where not owning guns is as common as transvestites with big hair. Make your point, please.

awd

• BigLittleKid says:

I thought it was ovbious.
            I don’t like hypocrites. That’s my point.
            I don’t like to see people promoting guns (and apparently referring to those who don’t have them as “nutless, opinion less, effeminate jellyfish”) if they don’t have any themselves. There’s a lot of guff talked here, it seems to me. A lot of ‘hard-man, macho’ talk that may not be borne out in practice … it’s easy to spout guff in a comments section about what a hard man you are. (Not you personally, but others here.)

• Blk, cry me a river!…it’s easy to shoot liberal BS around here too, just like you always do.

You need some cheese to go with your whining. ~

• BigLittleKid, yes, there’s lots of tough talk on the internet. That’s why I don’t get too worked up by all the hate mail and death threats I have received over the years. I do know there are some states that make it much more difficult to own guns. I personally know RedStater. He may be ugly and skinny but he’s a warrior at heart and, if he were in Texas, would be the proud owner of a healthy arsenal. MichaelT lays it on the line, too and is prepared to defend himself. Bigtimer is what she appears to be online. An American patriot with guts. She doesn’t suffer differing opinions as easily as the Big Sexy but that’s because she’s heard it all before.

I guess the smart people are the ones who don’t tell what they have. We know for a fact that this page receives scrutiny from Big Brother. But I guess what will happen will happen. I’ve never been afraid to speak my mind. Damn the torpedoes.

I don’t like hypocrites either. I don’t think this page has too many of those in regards to the 2nd Amendment. Or much else, either. I’d rather see more discussion of opinions and ideas rather than name-calling but gave up on that long ago.

awd

• BLK…

What friggin’ business is it of yours to know who owns guns and how many they own? – It’s none of your business, period.

• BigLittleKid says:

If you want to take that attitude, then what goes on in Poston Butte High School is none of yours, either.

• BLK…

Go play in your sandbox. – You live in a make-believe world.

• BigLittleKid says:

So you have no way to reply to 100% obvious logic except to throw remarks about sandboxes and cheese? Hypocrite!

• I’ve replied to you already, or can’t you read and digest what was posted to you?

Dkos is calling you…hurry on home little boy, you won’t be missed here.

• Yes BLK, make your point.

• Its obvious ya got an opinion they are like assholes everyone has one and they all stink. Which of the other two are you?

• Max…

You said it all!

17. I do not have any guns either,,,

Stay safe Red!

18. bargis tryhol says:

As long as you have liberal teachers at schools you’ll have this silliness. It distracts from the crappy job of teaching they do.

19. To make it into a much finer point ‘Big Little Kid’ it’s non of your f***ing business who owns what. AWD is much too polite, and a better man than I. I am however, not constrained by the profundities of social construct.

Michael T. AKA, Swamp Music.

• BigLittleKid says:

I’m not interested in who owns what. I’m interested in how many of the people promoting guns here actually own any. There’s far too much hypocrisy online for my liking. People sitting behind their screens being all “alpha male” – probly couldn’t throw a punch to save their lives. Ah forgit it ….

• If you don’t like what you see here…exit the scene.

• big little kid
        How many guns do you own? what kind are they? how often do you go to the range? do you have a cc permit? have you ever used a gun to defend yourself or a family member? do you have a gun free zone sign posted at your house? are you x military? has any one in your family committed a crime with a gun? who did you vote for? how many times did you vote? what color is the sky in your world?

• BigLittleKid says:

Totally missed the point, haven’t you. Sad.

• biglittlekid
            Well Hell’s Bell’s, exactly what was the point you were after, are you on a fishing expedition? gathering information? I get the feeling you’ve had the hammer before, am I right?

20. We have no guns here in the State of Mississippi. It would be pointless to even come here looking. Perhaps you can start your gun grab somewhere it will be more fruitful. I hear Hawaii is nice this time of year.

21. JWIN THE DESERT says:

That school is actually in “JOHNSON RANCH” area, (not Florence, per se) I believe. Which has been populated with yuppie/refugees from California out this way. Its the only area around here you will see asshole/biden bumper stickers….JW

• Thanks for that information….and what you say here says it all, it figures doesn’t it?

• Florence is the home of The State Penitentiary, considered of of the toughest to do time in. The town is a mixed bag but has many inmate families near their loved ones. Its run by The Mexican Mafia or so I hear. It is definitely desert, thats why it was built out there. In days of old few escaped and made it out of the desert alive. Good place for Californians.

• BigLittleKid says:

Nail on head! Through my viewfinder in life. You said it all!

• So I take it you don’t think this 70 year old man was a tough-talking thug or a bully…eh?

Why don’t you ask him how many guns he owns…see where that gets ya.

• BigLittleKid says:

Sarcasm off//

You don’t comprehend too well, unfortunately. And I seriously doubt if you know how to hold a gun, much less use it.

• That’s right Brid, I don’t know how to do any of that…whatever your little pea brain thinks.

• BigLittleKid says:

Just for the record, my comment above at 2:01 pm was extreme sarcasm. (Apparently wasn’t understood.)

22. Mr. Grumpus says:

So what have you proven or disproven here BLK? That you can call a lady names and make fun of how she talks? Classy guy.

23. This has been far more fun reading than watching the Stupor Bowl. Wonder if Brids watching the Bowl?

24. Cinnamon Girl says:

Forgive me if someone has posted this elsewhere or on this thread:

Copyrighting to take ownership of student work? The real reason? So that state schools can protect themselves when they force leftist indoctrination lessons on students. Behold:

Psst. The secret is out. Duh. We all know what you are doing and that you have been doing it for decades.