Friends, so far this ad seems to have been a heckuva chart-topper from Super Bowl Sunday! It’s really been making waves in more ways than one when it comes to the ‘leftist-loons’ with their panties in a wad and the so-called ‘right wingers’ that are more than satisfied with what was said, which includes this ol’ gal as well. – Nevertheless, the message has been sent loud and clear!

Paul Harvey’s words that he spoke in the past seem to live through our veins to this very day, that alone speaks volumes about the man and the wisdom he shared with us daily not all that long ago…and those words are still shining through now.

Here’s the transcript of what Harvey had to say back in ’78 that were used for the Ram truck ad on Super Bowl Sunday:

And on the 8th day, God looked down on his planned paradise and said, “I need a caretaker.” So God made a farmer.

God said, “I need somebody willing to get up before dawn, milk cows, work all day in the fields, milk cows again, eat supper and then go to town and stay past midnight at a meeting of the school board.” So God made a farmer.

“I need somebody with arms strong enough to rustle a calf and yet gentle enough to deliver his own grandchild. Somebody to call hogs, tame cantankerous machinery, come home hungry, have to wait lunch until his wife’s done feeding visiting ladies and tell the ladies to be sure and come back real soon — and mean it.” So God made a farmer.

God said, “I need somebody willing to sit up all night with a newborn colt. And watch it die. Then dry his eyes and say, ‘Maybe next year.’ I need somebody who can shape an ax handle from a persimmon sprout, shoe a horse with a hunk of car tire, who can make harness out of haywire, feed sacks and shoe scraps. And who, planting time and harvest season, will finish his forty-hour week by Tuesday noon, then, pain’n from ‘tractor back,’ put in another seventy-two hours.” So God made a farmer.

God had to have somebody willing to ride the ruts at double speed to get the hay in ahead of the rain clouds and yet stop in mid-field and race to help when he sees the first smoke from a neighbor’s place. So God made a farmer.

God said, “I need somebody strong enough to clear trees and heave bails, yet gentle enough to tame lambs and wean pigs and tend the pink-combed pullets, who will stop his mower for an hour to splint the broken leg of a meadow lark. It had to be somebody who’d plow deep and straight and not cut corners. Somebody to seed, weed, feed, breed and rake and disc and plow and plant and tie the fleece and strain the milk and replenish the self-feeder and finish a hard week’s work with a five-mile drive to church.

“Somebody who’d bale a family together with the soft strong bonds of sharing, who would laugh and then sigh, and then reply, with smiling eyes, when his son says he wants to spend his life ‘doing what dad does.'” So God made a farmer.

Here’s the Ram Truck Ad first aired at the Super Bowl:

Now friends, this is where and what you’ve got to check out when it comes to the left and their whining ways. Make sure and click this link…or you won’t know what you missed. ~

So God Made A Farmer’ Commercial Mocked Without Mercy: ‘There Is A Real Premium On Snark’

Last but not least…here’s the original from the one and only Paul Harvey. ~ Enjoy!

Anything you want to add to the mix? If so…Fire Away – Inquiring Minds Want to Know!

1. The link to the article about twitter usage was most revealing. Are reactions to this ad genuine, or is Internet usage exacerbating things and distorting public perceptions? I think Internet is definitely affecting me on how I view things, because my faith in humanity has taken a nose dive after reading some of the comments people publish in it. It is comforting to know that people’s attitude in Internet might be different than the one they actually have in real life. After all, someone might see this beautifully simple ad, like it, but then mock it a bit in twitter because it is the trendy thing to do.

2. It’s not “farming” anymore. By and large, it’s agribusiness.

• We still call ’em farmers around here…I imagine we always will.

• ‘It’s not “farming” anymore. By and large, it’s agribusiness.’

Such a statement of great power, and great mystery. Its power is exceeded only by its mystery.

Someone must have discovered a Continuum Transfunctioner

Dude Sweet,

3. Agribusiness is huge; tough to make it in small farming. I grew up in a big city and love rural areas. I tell people I’m not a redneck anymore, I’m an Agri-American. Paul Harvey is one of my heroes and I miss him. He was so good sometimes I’d listen to the same show on another nearby radio station. It was almost as good the second time. I knew he was 90 and still was shocked when he died. I believe he was 83 when he signed another ten-year contract. I listened for more than forty years, almost never missed a show.

4. Cinnamon Girl says:

Without a doubt this was the best Superbowl ad and perhaps the best ad out there simply because Paul Harvey wrote those words and spoke them.

My father and mother listened to him daily when I was growing up and for a while I thought he was rather too folksy and even silly. I was a city girl, after all. But over the years I’ve found that this man spoke for the silent millions of us who simply trudged on through the 70s, 80s, and 90s and beyond, working, paying taxes, paying bills, while the world and the country had crises unrelated yet related to our day-to-day lives.

As I always say when someone so important and so unique passes away, “We will never see his like again”.

As for farming, sure, it’s agribusiness these days. But one could replace the word “farmer” and change some of the others and the sentiment would still apply to honest and determined Americans of all stripes.

5. 79firebirdman says:

How could anybody be offended by that ad? Mind boggling. Oh wait, it mentions God, and the party of evil cannot tolerate any mention of Him.

• Amen to that.

As usual, leave it to the leftist-loons to miss the point when it comes to the big picture of what Harvey was conveying…they always do! – Some spin this intentionally, others are just ‘stuck on stupid!’

6. if you have not yet been tainted by modern life, then you
    will only have to spend a day or so with a Montana rancher
    or a Kansas wheat farmer to appreciate Paul’s words describing
    a lifestyle that made this a great nation, as well as a lifestyle
    quickly being destroyed by an invasive and control hungry few.

And now eco-wackos want to take away his job turn his farm into some wildlands area for some stupid fish or lizard In fact AL GORE once told a FFA member to find a new career becuase he planned to move all farming to 3rd World nations Gore is a Deep Ecologists

• Cinnamon Girl says:

Bwah haha. Gore, as we know, is an educated idiot.

Here’s the deal: North America’s bread basket is rich and intelligently cultivated. If we’re smart and lucky it will remain so and therefore we will be fed and so will the world.

That’s not to say there are no other richly soiled areas on earth but sadly, they’re occupied by either dimwits, dictators, or both, and no amount of assistance seems to help. Liberals are so stuck on the impossible Utopia, on their own unfounded guilt, and on ideas of fairness that their actions are downright detrimental.

And the farmer wakes each morning and goes on about his business…

• That they do…and if the feds don’t shut them down via some dept. like the EPA etc. – Once the bread-basket of world, central California knows all about that. – Smelt fish are more important. Farmers get zilch for water…everything destroyed.

Will it ever end CG?

• Cinnamon Girl says:

There’s that, and the fact that people cannot grow a vegetable patch on their own land either due to city ordinances or HOAs. Worse still are people who are allowed to have a small farm or larger garden but not allowed to sell the food or milk nor even to share it for free with neighbors because the USDA or other bureaucrats stick their noses in.

It comes down to this: it’s becoming clearer and clearer that the federal government and large corporations are not enemies at all. They are in collusion, at least where it counts. They’re getting a piece or all of the action because they desire money and control, which together are power.

I’m all for free enterprise and true, pure capitalism but I’m afraid it doesn’t exist anymore.

AL GORE wrote a poem about GLOBAL WARMING it totaly stinks and so dose Gore and his fellow eco-freaks

9. Boy, can I relate to this Paul Harvey tribute. For 37 years I worked a full time career and farmed a 160 acre grain and hog farm on the side. Why, because I felt that I was a part of the land and that I was helping to feed mankind. The grateful and the ungrateful alike. It made no difference because I loved it and I thought that it was important.

10. Sheep and goat lady says:

I am one of those folks, a livestock producer,, and I am NOT large agribusiness, I feed twice a day, walk among my flocks and herd at night to see if any new babies born,if a mama has troubles, I have to help her,, find a new born that is cold and take it in, make sure it get dry and milk in to it, I can not be sick,, and even if I am sick, I still have to get out there. I only milk once a day but that is every day,, Do not have a fancy tractors and equipment have to bucks thos bales, break the ice on the water to make sure stock and drink, It is snowing outside, temps drop down below 10, I still have to get out there, who goeon vacation? it is 24/7/365, if the fence breaks, we fix it, move the water for the pasture two or three times a day in the summer, most comment I see have no idea what it is like to farm or rancher, and it ain’t the big factory farms, it is the thousands of small ranchers and farmers. and it was those farms and ranchers that made this country, feed the world,, without us, you would not have those nice apples and cherries on your table, those fresh veggies, the eggs and bacon on your plate, thatice juicy steak, fresh potatoes,
    it is not the econ folks that want to get rid of the small ranchers and farmers,, it is those large agricorporations and factroy farms that rape the land without proper stewardship of the land, it is the greed of the large corporation not the tender caring farmer and ranchers that bendsover a new born calf, plant that crop,and make sure the land is there for future generations,,

• True dat (though the econuts do have a penchant for shutting down fisheries). Big Agri certainly creates some big problems.

• Sheep and goat lady…

Thank you so much for that input…and thumbs-up to you gal!

• “it is not the econ folks that want to get rid of the small ranchers and farmers,, it is those large agricorporations and factroy farms that rape the land without proper stewardship …..”

Very true, Sheep and goat lady. And small ranchers and farmers are being pushed out and off the land. Dodge know this only too well, and are trying to play on people’s heartstrings with their ad. All about nostalgia – not the case for everyone (look at you!) but for many.

In 2001 they cut off all water to the KLAMATH BASIN FARMERS over two worthless trash fish and salmon that can be bought at the store

• Spur…good memory. The greenies and the govt. have destroyed more ranchers and farmers in a big way….all across the NW and elsewhere. They’re doing their best to do this in some places in Big Sky Country too. – It’s been unbelievable what’s happened to our once prosperous nation.

• Cinnamon Girl says:

Yep. What’s weird is that eco-nuts are for returning the land to its “natural” state. Doing so will require that we return to the Stone Age. Eco-nuts don’t realize that to truly implement this will require totally eliminating all modern industry and, of course, transportation.

Al Gore, Leo DiCap, and all those other talking heads would have to cease riding in limos and jets to get to speeches where they tell everyone else to stop existing in the modern world. They’re also not thinking about how food and supplies, even the most basic, would be delivered to Americans who cannot farm either because they are disallowed, they have no land, or the soil won’t sustain it.

The truly eco-nutty are actually for a mass extinction of man. And of course, they’re not including themselves. And they’re also not including those from Third World nations—-eternal victims. But, I digress…..or do I?

• CG…

You don’t digress. – You’re spot-on!

It’s a ‘Do as I Say, Not as I Do’ world with the leftist-loon elitists!

…Hypocrites all!

12. Here’s some more from Paul Harvey from the past.

Anyone remember this?

13. NO, Its called farming NOT agribusiness am starting to farm we own 5000akers in northwest Indiana, My Dad farmed 40yrs. my grandad farmed for 80yrs my geatganddad farmed for 92yrs. the Burdick’s owned the farm for over 150yrs And we don’t call it adribusiness we call it FARMING.

• Hey there matt…thanks for your input on this issue. As you may know by some of my previous posts above, I totally concur with you.

Farming indeed!

14. AgBizEconGrad says:

You people really need to look into agri-business and what it actually is. My family farm does 3-5 million dollars in sales and we are one of the more medium farms in our area, let alone the state of Iowa or the Nation for that matter. Not all big farms are bad. Just a stat for you, Iowa is the #1 Agriculture State in the US and we are almost 95% family farms. I know families that make a meager living on 400 acres and some that farm 4000. Both care more about the land than anyone off the farm understands. Efficient agribusiness and specialization of labor and taking advantage of economies of scale are the reason your McDouble costs $1+ local sales tax. Do some research, we as an American public are spending of our disposable income on food than we ever have. Why? Agribusiness; the specialization of labor and capital and market efficiencies that have developed over the years. I don’t really care about Dodge but I will say that commercial was quasi-correct and what it did was it got some of the public on the side of the farmer which is great. What the public doesn’t understand is we are constantly fighting the media every time some stupid story breaks about “Swine Flu” or “Pink Slime”. Where were the pro-farming public then? Keep eating and we’ll be there to produce a safe and quality product but until you know the whole story keep our name out chya’ mouth.

15. Pingback: PAUL HARVEY: "WHAT ARE POLICEMEN MADE OF?" - Angry White Dude