Dudes and dudettes…I read about this news late last night and thought you’d be happy as heck about some of what happened in the Senate yesterday. I’ll cut to the chase here because there’s simply not much to add to this particular amendment, with the exception being we need to send a big thanks Senator Jim Inhofe for his push for his amendment being passed. – Make sure and click the link I’ll provide below, this report has much more information about other amendments passed, those that weren’t passed and some voting records by the senators as well.

This is via The Hill:

In the last batch of amendment votes to the budget, the Senate voted on several foreign policy proposals.

Republicans have been critical of President Obama’s decision to consider the treaty, although Obama has said he would not vote for anything that would violate the Second Amendment.

The U.N. Arms Trade Treaty would regulate international arms sales. Negotiations end on March 28.

“We’re negotiating a treaty that cedes our authority to have trade agreements with our allies in terms of trading arms,” Inhofe said. “This is probably the last time this year that you’ll be able to vote for your Second Amendment rights.”

Sen. Patrick Leahy (D-Vt.) offered an alternative amendment that clarified that under current U.S. law, treaties don’t trump the Constitution and that the United States should not agree to any arms treaty that violates the Second Amendment rights. His amendment passed by voice vote.

Senate Foreign Relations Committee Chairman Bob Menendez (D-N.J.) said he thought it was irresponsible to be considering major foreign policy decisions at 3 a.m. on Saturday morning.

The Senate also voted on the following budget amendments: Read the rest at the link provided above…you may like or not like the rest of what they did the same night/early morning hours.

Anything you want to add? If so…Fire Away – Inquiring Minds Want to Know!

1. Yessssssss!!

2. Off topic: Have any of you heard about this news?

If true, the Muslim Brotherhood/al Qaeda rebels win again. – What a mess…wonder how much we were involved in this behind the scenes as well.

Btw…there have been updates added to the link above, so far…this seems to be a hoax. – Sometimes a little patience would help before reporting something such as this. – Time will tell I suppose.

3. After all the Dems get re-elected next year, the onslaught on the 2nd Amendment will start anew, count on it. It’s not a victory, just a calculation on the lefts part.

• Maybe so…but I’ll take a win on this issue rather than a defeat any-day!

Also…there will always be dems up for reelection as well, somethings aren’t forgotten when it comes to the blood sport of politics…and the second amendment and how they vote is a major one.

• Ok Big, you keep your faith in the electoral process, and I’ll stay firmly rooted in the reality of corruption in our political world.

• Oh good lord…I know full well about the corruption. I’m just glad, instead of dour about a WIN instead of a DEFEAT…simple as that. ~

The way you look at things, we may as well have been defeated…well, not me.

• bigtimer,
            This one’s for you.

• ga steve…

Thank you…if you only knew how much that put a smile on my face (which we all need once in awhile)…that picture of that frog that has his head in the pelican’s mouth, chocking the heck out of said birds neck had me laughing out loud. My hubby asked me why I was laughing and I told him about this…much appreciated, got a kick out of it. – Determination indeed…’Never Give Up’! 😉

• bluffcreek1967 says:

I agree with you BT, I’m glad to have the win nonetheless. We all need some good news at this point anyways. Although I fear that after the next election in 2014, there will be another attempt to do the same thing again. They’re Democrats. It’s what they do.

• No doubt about that…’it’s their job, it’s what they do’ is right!

Just thought a little good news was nice for a day…so much bad news everyday, some in the most horrendous of ways to-boot!

• Politics are always corrupt by nature, less rule and Govt are always better.

Time to totaly eveict Koffi Annan and his fellow reptiles from america lets tear down that rotten UN eyesore bulldoze it to the ground dump that DISARIMATE scupture(pistol with knoted barrel into the ocean rip up all those worthless UN treaties invalidate all those UN WORLD HERRATAGE SITES and BIOSPHEAR RESERVES round up and deport all the illegal aliens and IMPEACH OBAMA,HOLDER,KERRY and in fact the whole cabnet. lets turn the area into a BIRD REFUGE with GOOSE HUNTING ALLOWED

• Do you spell shit wrong on purpose, or do you have a disability?

• Cinnamon Girl says:

This is also something I have noticed but I just assumed Spur is foreign-born or doesn’t care, or both. :)

• Snake Oiler says:

I guessed he was using some sort of voice recognition software that was apparently malfunctioning. The sentences are syntactically correct, so it might be reasonable to assume that he is not drunk.

Do you spell shit wrong on purpose, or do you have a disability?

Now that was a gasser!

• Who knows…he’s mentioned he’s an old shorebird, so it may be age. – Either way, he’s become like part of the AWD family in his own way over the years. ~

• Snake Oiler says:

Criminy! I just thought of someone else who did that – except his messages had to be decoded from ciphers. The Zodiac Killer.

• Howdy Spur…

Kofi can get lost anywhere he is now, can’t stand the bastid. But…this is the latest head of the UN, Ban Ki-moon…just another corrupt bastid.

5. Right about the time the millions of welfare underclass minions and the millions of illegals really get going with the demographics flip, Hillary will be President and she’ll be coming hard for the guns. New York x 10

• Yep…she did her best to work with Dear Leader for the UN Arms Control to become law in the USA while she held her title in the State Dept…at least they failed. – Glad Sen. Infofe got this done with the other night.

• That old fat bitch will cross a red line and Join the Kennedy’s. She ain’t smart like Slick Willy.

• Hope you’re right…I sure don’t want to see another presidential run from the pair of them. Talk about torture!

• Snake Oiler says:

I don’t know if Slick Willy was that smart. He didn’t have to be, with all the media working hard to cover his dirty ass. Shrewd might be a better term. Like I said before, there are plenty of poot stains on Hillary’s drawers, too, just no one willing to point them out. She’s a crook (Whitewater, cattle futures), a liar (under sniper fire in Bosnia, Benghazi, ad infinitum), and a hideous old bag, to boot. Barack Hugochavez Obutthole – Grand Mufti of Scumbags, is lower than a whale turd in the Marianas Trench, but Pillsbury Doughwoman Clintoon is every bit his match if you’re talking about duplicity, and, for lack of a better term, evil.

Gun control is the best thing that crimals ever wanted and the UN SMALL ARMS CONTROL TREATY is just what terrorists would wan and not surprising since many in the UN are terrorists supporters and terrorists like ARAFAT and dictators like CCASTRO have gotten standing ovations from this no good UNITED NATIONS

• You’re right about those that are in the UN…I hope I live to see the day we get rid of it, at least stop funding it until then!

7. Big whoop!

Thought I’d throw that in the mix for anyone that may not know…or care.

8. Hey Dude…….

What’s your opinion of “hornet/wasp spray” in gun free zones ?????

or for people unable to handle a firearm ?????

• Its considered a chemical weapon if ya spray someone with it. Not kidding, you would be in big trouble.

• ed357, I approve of hornet/wasp spray for self defense in gun free zones only if it is environmentally friendly. 😉

awd

• My hubby bought some of that enviro friendly spray for hornets/wasps by mistake some years back…it didn’t work with a sh!t. I’m being serious too. ~

• I worked a a Museum that had paper wasp nests hanging everywhere. The Enviro Nuts gave me this spray that really pissed them off for a half an hour before they might die. I got pissed and tried with great success a cleaning product that is safe, biodegradable and killed them instantly. Clear Commercial Simple Green at Grainger, just wash off the stuff when finished. I use regular Simple Green at my house around my Koi pond and Birds, also cleans great. Kills big roaches faster than any bug spray.

• I have a firearm almost anyone can handle even in a wheel chair or on a walker, just have to be able to move one hand, one finger, almost no recoil, little practice will make it cool.

9. The UN blue sign would make a great print for a gun range target, try to repeat the holes. Also a great T shirt print as would “What part of NO” would.

• Good ideas michael…I like that target practice thought a lot. ~

Btw…are you serious about the hornet/wasp spray? I know you are…but what they heck, what isn’t listed as something bad/dangerous etc anymore?

• I could be a Pitchman for Simple Green. I have used it since it came out in mid 1980’s. I have cleaned car engines, carports with oil on them, cleaned all types of clothing both mine and my wifes while saving clothing I would normally tossed, $1000’s saved in fine women’s clothing. I painted for a living for 5 years with only water based paint and it was my only cleaner. I used it to degrease a gun as I’m allergic to volatile solvents, it worked and left my son laughing his ass off. Downside is your hands get degreased and can crack and dry until I started using latex gloves to clean in. It is on my laundry shelf as a presoak for blood, grass stains, ketchup, wine, salsa, spaghetti sauce. In the Museum I used it as a wax remover for vinyl tile floors. It is the best all purpose cleaner I have ever seen. Simple Green was made to clean Coffee processing equipment and is used as an approved cleaner in chicken processing plants last I heard. It does kill bugs on contact. Home Depot sells it by the gallon. It mixes with water to whatever strength you need. Be good to clean up Liberals with.

• Excellent information. And I just did clean my coffeemaker this afternoon, but I use CLR…simply because we have very hard water, and I do mean very hard. – Nevertheless, the other suggestions you’ve used Simple Green for (laundry presoak) is something I’ll remember, possibly mopping with as well.

As to the libs…that may work just great, but…I’ll still use my can of the most powerful ‘RAID’ spray. 😉

• If you mop, rinse well. SG doesn’t remove hard water stains, we have them where I’m at and its just a way of life.

10. “A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largesse from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits from the public treasury with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy, always followed by a dictatorship.

The average age of the world’s greatest civilizations has been 200 years. Great nations rise and fall. The people go from bondage to spiritual truth, to great courage, from courage to liberty, from liberty to abundance, from abundance to selfishness, from selfishness to complacency, from complacency to apathy, from apathy to dependence, from dependence back again to bondage.”

-Alexander Tytler

…always followed by a dictatorship. DHS is getting ready.
    …dependence back to bondage. DHS is getting ready.
    Are we ready? 200 years.

11. Snake Oiler says:

I wish Grumpus was here, we need to have a serious dialog on where we are at on the road to post-apocalyptic America. The most favorable future scenario might be the army and the patriots vs. the mindless fanatics of Barack Hugochavez Obutthole – World Leader Pretend. It could look just like this:

Poland, East Germany, Romania, Czechoslovakia, Albania, Bulgaria, Hungary, and the Big Daddy, the Soviet Union – How’d that Marxism work out for you? Stupid f*****s. At least enough people had the sense to finally wake up. Somewhere down the road, the time is coming for those Chinamen, too. Was that racist? Do you read me, Grumpus? This country needs a 180 degree turn, pronto. It’s not like we don’t have sufficient examples of what crackpot social and economic theories will do to a nation. I trust you have been working on the platform, eh? And don’t forget them undersecretaries.

• Looking forward to his response to you. – You guys have my vote!

• SO, you must be over 25 yrs old. The current crop of students can’t even spell history let alone define it, or even heaven forbid study it. Probably 95% don’t know what the Soviet Union was. I have mentioned East and West Germany to younger ones and they
      look at me with blank stares. Its not even taught in many schools now days. Some of these young ones are not going to like FEMA Camps very much when they have to go to them.

• Snake Oiler says:

I could tell most people a lot more than they would want to know about folks like Jaruzelski, Honecker, Hoxha, Ceausescu, Tito, etc., etc.. Not to mention the Asian communists – funny how many of them were educated in France, rather than the Soviet Union. But not Mao, he was totally home-grown. Not much talk about Kampuchea, either. Pretty prolific when you can murder almost one-third of the population (2,000,000+) within the time frame Pol Pot had. Just going by percentages, he made Hitler look like a piker.

• Pol Pot was the right person, right time, right place, thankfully most Tyrants don’t hit “The Trifecta like he did. His short reign was horrid.

12. http://thehill.com/homenews/se.....nd-checks-

McRino is at it again, he once advocated all gun sales be registered with the Feds. It damn near got him impeached. He has 5 years on his term so he like”O” doesn’t give a Rats Rear about us Peons. He is a real lowlife.

• michael,

Not surprising in the least about McRINO and this issue, he’s been one of the biggest pushers from Day One about closing the so -called ‘gun-show loophole’…he’s been doing this from way back when. Yet Az. keeps voting the POS RINO back in time and again. – Disgusting!

The UNITED NATIONS that welcomes terrorists and dictators with open arms and standing ovations we can do without these bunch of lowlife reptiles

14. We need to run the UN out of here and send it to France. They would fit right in with those panty waist assholes over there. As f’ed up as Europe is, its plain to see that socialism just doesnt work because sooner or later, you run out of other peoples money to spend.

Rich.The UN is better off in CHINA instead of france

• …or Zimbabwe.

• Nahhh, give it to China, they deserve it, and they can pay for it. Bet Putin wouldn’t take it. Its like the Star Wars bar scene X 1000. Why we even let them dirty our soil is beyond me. Spray em with Simple Green!

16. Just what the hell are we doing here?

Not that this is any shocker…but finally the info is coming out in bits in pieces.

Btw…remember this?

• We are fighting the Russian aid to Syrian Government. Kinda like Nam when we were really fighting Soviet/China partnership and they were supplying NVN with goodies. “O” had best be a bit careful. Iran is not a paper tiger anymore and they don’t like us and they are mentally unstable also.

17. Winston Smithereens says:

“Sen. James Inhofe (R-Okla.) introduced an amendment that would prevent the United States from entering into the United Nations Arms Trade Treaty in order to uphold the Second Amendment. His amendment passed on a 53-46 vote.”

53 to 46

The margain is personally terrifying to me. Fourty-six “Americans” voted against this.

I need to see that roll call count.

• Its out there, I don’t remember which site but I saw it today. Gotta remember many Demos are that in label only as their ranks have been taken over by Marxist/Socialists
      and other dregs of society. The Congressional Black Caucus forced them to hide their KKK uniforms, but The New Black Panther Party Is Ok. Its “O”s SS.

18. http://finance.yahoo.com/news/.....25406.html
    Gun Repo Men. They’d never survive in Texas or Arizona.

• I read and saw that exact report the other day…since then I’ve seen in the blogosphere world that some states/pols are wanting/demanding their states do the same thing. – We’re living in very spooky times..simple as that.