What the heck has happened to our country? Why are we letting this happen? Why is everyone looking the other way as this continues to creep in daily? Why, why, why?

I don’t know about you…but I can’t take much more of stories like this one. See what you think after you read and watch this report:

A group of Hispanic custodians at Denver’s Auraria Campus are suing their employer, claiming they are victims of discrimination. One of those custodians, Bertha Ribota, claims she was injured on the job as a result of not being able read a warning sign in English, CBS reports.

“Too many things have happened to me there that I don’t even know how to explain it,” said Ribota.

“If I could speak English I wouldn’t have the problems that exist.”

CBS explains further:

The complaint accuses the campus of purposely keeping vital information from Hispanic employees pertaining to the terms and conditions of their employment, changes in work status, and, more pointedly, safety. They claim they are being excluded because the information is not being delivered in Spanish.

Last week 12 custodians from the Auraria Campus filed an EEOC complaint against the Auraria Higher Education Center, which is the organization that maintains the campus for Metro State University of Denver, the Community College of Denver and the University of Colorado Denver.

“What is sort of a neutral business practice, that they speak English on campus and it’s an English-only campus has a discriminatory impact on this group of workers,” said attorney Tim Markham.

Campus spokesman Blaine Nickeson said in response: “I don’t know if that’s a problem. I think it’s one of the concerns. I will go on to say there’s not a statute to translate.”

Watch the interview below:

Discrimination my arse! – Please throw in your two-cents…in English only!

Fire Away – Inquiring Minds Want to Know!

1. Lyn Nofziger, Ronald Reagan aide and press secretary had the right idea :
    “If they want to talk to me, let ’em speak English.”

2. Snake Oiler says:

I remember back when Bill Clements was governor of Texas and the big push for bilingual education was just starting. When asked for a comment, Clements responded, ‘This is the United States of America, not Mexico!’. My, how the times have changed.

• Spooky and infuriating combined! – I’ve had my fill of this…when, if ever, is it going to stop?

• leo derosia says:

you guys should look into extortion 17, the chopper that was shot down in afg back in aug, 2011. 15 seals(some from team 6)were on board and it looks like they were setup. The helicopter was a outdated chinook sent into a very dangerous area and the towelheads knew they were coming. I have heard ubl has been dead since 2001 and maybe sob obama killed the seals as a message to rest of them. watch the “extortion 17″ press conf from may 9 and see what the parents think of the evil islamocommie usurper. 4 retired flag officers were there too….we have had crooks in white house before but this guy is a enemy of the US. I love my country and the Founders and i know all of you here at awd do too. barry, hillary, holder, big sis, valjar, reid should all be in prison. benazir bhutto said ubl was dead back in 2007 and i do not think it was a coincidence she was killed a few months after she said that.

Round up all those hispanic custodians and return them to their countries of origion and charge their goverment with the bill then do the same to their lawyer MAKE ENGLISH our NTION LANGUE and quit squandering money on this bilingual poppycock

4. Bob Smith says:

The same kind of BS that infects California. They have ballots in something like 10 languages. One might ask how one can legally vote yet not know enough English to read a ballot. I suspect the real purpose of this kind of thing is to abet vote fraud by non-citizens.

Do we know whether or not these employees are legal immigrants? If they really don’t understand English as they say, then how do they understand what their employer orders them to do?

• The best thing that could happen to California is a huge quake thats off the Richter scale to break it off from the rest of the country and sink it in the Pacific.

5. Arnt Ubigoted says:

What about the school administration that allowed the hiring of employees that speak no English? Certainly these employees were applicants, interviewees and new hires.
    So then when was not being able to speak in English a problem and why is it the employees fault when they have to ask for a better clarification to do their job safely?
    Lyn Nofziger, “if they want to speak to me…..” is what he said he quit UCLA after one semester over the university’s foreign language requirement. Thank God cancer is bilingual!!!

• The friggin government probably forced them to hire these bean swilling bastards due to PC stupidity. All these losers need their status checked and if found to be illegals…deport them now!

6. If it were up to me there would be NO bilingual anything in this country. Speak English or get the f out…period. Kowtowing to the beaners is the democrat way of recruiting voters. Thats all its about. Getting brain dead assholes with no clue to pull the handle next to the guy with the D by his name.

7. Go to some other country and don’t speak the language see how far you get.

8. Jumpin' Joe says:

I don’t know how this goes on. The last two jobs I had, I had to prove that I am an American citizen. When I applied for a passport I was profiled. Big Sis and company wanted to know every place I ever lived, additional identification etc.. I contacted my congressman and got it cleared up. Apparently the current laws only pertain to white native born Americans.

• What a crying shame when it comes to what happened to you. I’ve read/heard other similar reports as well. – There are times when you wonder if this the USA anymore.

As they say WHEN IN ROME DO AS THE ROMANS DO its time to start informing these forgein national this is AMERICA not their country

Abolish the EEOC repeal the AMERICANS with DISABILITIES ACT or AMEND it have all these trial lawyers rounded up and deported limit the numbers of these reptiles(Trial Lawyers)Pull america out of the wretched UNITED NATIONS

11. I go to a 7/11 store every morning for coffee and the local newspaper.It is owned and staffed with Pakistanis .Yesterday they were jabbering away in their native language and I told them “You are in America now…speak Spanish “

12. Got to hell Bitch, go get appalled in some other friggin country, assholes like you are our problem.

13. angry white devil says:

white mom
    land has been taken and lost since the beginning of time all over this globe… cultures have suffered for this since the beginning of time… your anti-American views are noted… sounds like some Marxist ideology of globalism to me.. strong nationalism is the only impediment to their goals of a one world government…

by the way.. my mother is half Cherokee (meaning my Grandfather was 100% Cherokee from the Eastern Band of the Cherokee Nation in NC ) How much American Indian is in your blood that YOU should worry about their affairs? Or, are you the typical white liberal who thinks they are so inferior to you that they need your white benevolence and empathy to save them.. that is so arrogant

Im proud of my country despite some of the atrocities committed in the past… and the present. I find that many people from around the world have a resentment of America that is simply born of envy…

• angry white devil says:

by the way white mom… since we are trying to get to know you.. would you like to use this opportunity to declare your political affiliation?

• bigtimer says:

You’re not holding your breath for an answer are ya Vince? (which has been obvious anyway….but what the heck, it could be fun.)

• angry white devil says:

WM
      Your are against globalism? Well if that be the case you and I have more in common than we might want to admit….

Of course I can feel compassion for someone that is not related to me.. that is why I loath abortion. I understand where you are coming from but sometimes the line is thin between compassion and insult… believe me I have sat in on some of these conversations with the “so called” victims and they have said as much.

The problem is we have liberal politicians in our country that feign concern for the “down trodden” or for minorities but they are only using them as political capital and making life long dependents of them so their votes can always be harvested at election time… so I am very skeptical when people start advocating for others who are perfectly capable of fending for themselves

14. angry white devil says:

bigtimer
    yeah a little levity was badly needed today… hope your mothers day has been a good one

When my mom came here from europe she had to speak,write and understand the ENGLISH LANGUAGE of course that was after WW II in the mean time we have had a bunch of politicians leaning over backwards to appease the illegal aliens and the UNITED NATIONS and no doupt the sinister CFR as well

Lepke, 7/11 is a anti-gun buisness Boycott them dont patronize them

• Every time I use the cash machine at my local 7-11 Im armed so they can kiss my legal gun carrying ass!

17. Dr Poontang says:

I hate it when I go somewhere and have to deal with someone who does not speak English at all. I get irritated and they look at me like I’M an asshole. Mind you, I do speak enough Spanish to get by in daily life and to have a conversation but that is not the point! I learned Spanish because I wanted to. What I hate even more is every time I call somewhere I hear “Press 1 for English” THIS IS AMERICA WHY THE HELL SHOULD I HAVE TO PRESS ANYTHING FOR ENGLISH????

Don’t even get me started with tech support. Last time I called Dell tech support I got some camel jockey who I could not understand at all. I told him that I wanted to speak with someone in the US or even the UK and he got offended and said “But I can help you”. After I figured out what he had just said I told him no, you cannot help me because I can barely understand you. He informed me that there would be a wait to speak with someone in the US and I said that was just fine. After about 5 more minutes on hold I was greeted by a gentleman by the name of Demarcus. He had a pronounced ghetto accent but he was speaking clearly and intelligently. He asked how he could help me and i told him that he already had. He was puzzled at this and i told him that he had already helped me by being able to speak English. He laughed and said he gets that a lot from people sick and tired of trying to deal with an outsourced call center.

Anyway, I’m rambling on. Now I have vented I feel better. Have a great day everyone. You too Demarcus…wherever you are.

• angry white devil says:

speaking of tech support I called Sirius XM about renewing my subscription today… I nearly needed a translator despite the fact that my bill came from Detroit.. WTF?

America was founded by engish speaking people its time to make it our national languge