There’s a chance that Allen West might challenge Marco Rubio in the next primary in Florida. Personally, I think it’s a slight chance, but let’s say this did happen…who do you think you’d vote for and why? Also, who do you think would win this fight if this took place?

There have been quite a few reports about this today…this is one is via DC:

In an interview on Washington, D.C.’s WMAL 105.9 FM “Mornings on the Mall” radio show on Wednesday, former Florida Republican Rep. Allen West indicated that he might be open to challenging Sen. Marco Rubio in a 2016 GOP Senate primary.

“That’s a pretty heavy lift, because you’re talking about running against a sitting senator, and then, of course, that creates that schism that the other side would love to see happen,” West, who has ruled out a 2014 run, told host Larry O’Connor.

West, who said he wanted to “serve this country in whatever capacity I possibly can,” explained that his frustration with Rubio stemmed from the possible GOP presidential candidate’s support of the current immigration reform bill, which is currently being debated in the Senate.

“Do we need to do something about immigration? Absolutely,” West added. “This whole ‘comprehensive’ thing – I think the bill now is up to 1,075 pages. Once again, the American people don’t trust that,” he added.

Listen:

Throw in your two-cents…Fire Away – Inquiring Minds Want to Know!

1. Hmm…just waiting for someone to say they wouldn’t vote for either one. Is anyone around…at all?

2. Wyoming Ed says:

A true conservative vs. a faux conservative. How would I vote. Wow, that’s a real toughie.

3. West if he could get financial backing, Rubio would be toast, and he should be after joining Rinos and Dims.

4. Okinawa Marine says:

I would vote for West. He speaks his mind and is consistent with his message, and does not appease the politically correct politicians. He has a good background with the Military. He is also “Of Color’ and would work to dismantle the Congressional Black Caucus.
    Imagine that, all of the races being equal, no affirmative action, no hand outs, tough on crime in the ghetto (The real crime).

Not your typical politician.

just my 2 cents!

5. Wyoming Ed says:

Will vote for, in order, Constitutionalist, conservative independent, conservative Republican, Libertarian. No more voting for Rino’s, ever. They lie to get elected, talk the talk and fold at the first opportunity to “reach across the aisle” and get patted on the head by the media.

• So, in your eyes between the two choices presented here…which one, West or Rubio? Or do you just have a hard time saying so? – Just curious.

• Wyoming Ed says:

Fine, just to satisfy those who need it etched in stone. If I was able to, and since I don’t live in FL I’m not able to, I would vote for West. The man had a consistently conservative voting record and is not afraid to speak up and stand up to the usual suspects on the Left, as well as the phony conservatives on the so called Right. I certainly wouldn’t vote for him as the conservatives “great black hope” any more than I would vote for Ted Cruz as the “great Latino hope”, but if these guys are the best defenders of what I believe in out there I will support them. Too many, way too many on the Right fold as soon as the race card is played. They’re either burdened with “White guilt” for all the ills of the country and the world or they’re calculating panderers. Either way, “stupid is as stupid does,” so no more support for the reach across the aisle brigade.

• Thanks for the reply…since I hadn’t seen you here before, having no idea what your politics are and how you see things with various politicians and such, I didn’t want to presume what you were thinking and such.

Much appreciated Wyoming Ed…glad to get to know ya here. 😉

• Michael T says:

Gotcha loud and clear Ed, you’ve answered the question two times now.

• …but wouldn’t say which candidate. – Neither did you.

I’ve never seen Wyoming Ed here before, so I thought he might answer himself. I’d like to get to know him before I presume to know.

• Michael T says:

Ok Biggie, I would not vote for either. Rubio is proving to be a RINO. West is a soldier and all that, and that is great, but he also voted for NDAA, and Pigford, those are deal breakers for me.

Just because someone wore ‘the uniform’ does not get a pass, John McCain? Everyone likes West because he talks tough, thats not enough for me. That answer your ‘question’?

• Thanks MT….I kind of figured that you wouldn’t vote for either of them. I know you feel the same way in the next presidential election too. – You might have plenty of others doing the same depending on ends up winning the primary etc etc.

Catch ya later…

6. Michael T says:

In a sanctioned cage match I’d have to go with West. Being a lying sack of sh!t, it would be a toss up.

7. RidinShotgun says:

If Rubio hadn’t stepped on his you-know-what with the proverbial golf shoes over this whole immigration bit, there wouldn’t even be a question here. But since he has………..West has been steadfast about maintaining the security of this country despite the fact that it’s gotten him in hot water on a number of occassions.
    West hands down, Rubio cannot be trusted.

8. PAmadwoman says:

I’d vote for West, hands-down, but I think Rubio would win. West, from what I’ve seen and heard, seems a man of integrity who loves this country and would not sell out. That finishes him right there in the eyes of the average voter.

• That’s what would worry me when it comes to voters in Florida too, along with the cheating that goes on in many areas of that state…if that didn’t take place, West wouldn’t have been defeated last go ’round. – Of course we’re talking about dem tactics…but the elite RINOs use the same too.

• Celebrate Homogeneity says:

Another thing that would cost West the nomination is: he is not “hispanic”, where Rubio is. That counts for a lot with the population of south Florida.

9. bigtimer,
    West would get my vote with no second thoughts, maybe thousands of conservatives in safe states could move to Fla and vote West in then move back home, thats how the dem’s do it.

10. Rubio needs a scare. If he wants a future in our party, he will need to learn that we don’t need 12 million more state dependents. I like him a lot because he is so articulate, but I am not an illiterate Mayan peasant looking for free healthcare.

• “Taught a lesson” indeed….and I hope someone does that soon.

If he does or doesn’t run for prez, and he loses his chances at presidency..but he remained in the senate in one way or the other, it’s looking like he’s aiming to be the next John ‘Maverick’ McRINO.

• Rubio needs no lesson just thrown the F8ck out, period, he will Never be trust worthy.

• Rubio needs to be shipped back to Cuba. He is Obama in drag.

• Celebrate Homogeneity says:

Only if the same ship or aircraft carries several hundred other obnoxious, rude, imperious Cubans with him.

• Florida can thank Jimmy Carter for allowing Cuba to send us over 250,000 of those Cuban pricks. The Mariel boat lift destroyed Miami and helped Castro clean out his prisons and mental institutions. Thanks for nothing you peanut farming asshole. This is why Miami is now Florida’s version of Chicago or Detroit.

11. West, provided there is no voter fraud.

12. RidinShotgun says:

BT I hate to take issue with you, but if one of them needs a “scare” in order to do the right thing – we don’t need them because they cannot be trusted from the get go.

13. Vote Allen West, of course. Liberals hate him – good ! Marco sold us out, a big disappointment. He’s been breathing the polluted D.C. (District of Corruption) air. Watch out when liberals start praising a Repub and that’s what has happened to Rubio. An excellent idea – I never thought of such a challenge. See, I’m not too sharp these days. Col. West and Herman Cain were both born in Atlanta, oddly enough.

• And both good guys…plus, I’m throwing in Dr. Ben Carson as well.

Btw…does anyone remember Alan Keyes at all, he was and is someone no matter the color, same in all instances mentioned that was run out of the race for president and such long ago, not only from the dem msm, but out own powers that be when it came to debates during the contest. I will never forget, nor forgive.

14. The question is “West or Rubio – Who would win?” and I would think I’d have to say West would. Primaries bring out the base far more than independents and casual voters. I think Rubio’s hurt himself badly with the GOP base (as opposed to the establishment Karl Rove types) and Alan West was always popular with the base. His only problem would be getting funds – especially from the big GOP donors who tend to be Corp. America who want lower wages and cheap labor.

ANYONE WHO SUPPORTS AMNESTY FOR ILLEGALS HAS NO BUISNESS LIVING IN AMERICA ANYMORE THEY SHOULD JUST GIVE UP THEIR AMERICAN CITIZENSHIP AND LEAVE AMERICA FOREVER

16. Rubio is a Rino piece of shit for sure. But, since Florida is home to millions of beaners like him, there’s not much doubt which would win in an election. Either way, we lose.

17. I think West would win hands down. The man tells it like it is!

18. Wonder if this will bother Rubio at all?

Here’s one more I just read. ~

19. winston smithereens says:

Why not choose someone who by way of their personality has not alienated the public, both true conservatives and level headed independents, as well blue dog democrats, but please no RINO’s, thank you – to the point of outright nausea because this is the hypothetical fishing expedition you are exploring when it comes to fishwrap West?

Rep. Tom Rooney could and would beat Rubio easily. So too Rep. Gus Bilirakis and Rep. Jeff Miller. All three are directly opposed to amnesty. Each supports legal immigration as anyone should out of respect to the Constitution and federal law but each want caps on immigration which I also support. The three have a fairly decent record of not promoting or voting RINO which was not the case with West whose voting record was 100% RINO and whom I look upon as effectively no better than Rubio and Rubio is as I refer him, a Trojan Horse.
    Even Diaz Balart, while a bit “soft” is wholly against amnesty and as an American of Cuban ancestry, he might have a better chance of winning as per the Cuban American vote which tragically has gone majority Democrat much to the rage of the grandparents and parents who fled Cuba.
    Even Rep. Patrick Murphy (D) who replaced Rooney is against amnesty.