High school valedictorian Roy Costner spoke his mind and then some during his graduation speech…and those in attendance cheered with gusto whether the atheists like it or not! It’s high time someone did this…we need more like this young man via my viewfinder in life. It’s been a very sad day in America when you have to fight to have the right to mention or display anything that has to do with Christian religion etc. I, for one, am way past sick and tired of it all…how ’bout you?

See what you think about what took place. – You can read two stories about this here and here:

PICKENS COUNTY, S.C. —A school district under pressure to keep prayer out of meetings and gatherings got an unexpected delivery from one high school valedictorian

Saturday, at Clemson’s Littlejohn Coliseum, Liberty High Valedictorian Roy Costner IV took his speech to the podium, and in front of the crowd, tore it up.

John Eby, Pickens County School District spokesman, said, “They write their speeches. They send them to someone on staff to have them approved.”

But Costner clearly had something else in mind.

After speaking for a few minutes, he thanked his parents for leading him to the Lord at a young age, and then he said, “I think most of you will understand when I say, ‘Our Father, who art in heaven…” as he began to recite the Lord’s Prayer.

Much of the crowd broke into tentative applause that then grew into cheers that nearly drown out Costner’s voice as he continued the prayer.

Brian Hoover, who is from Liberty and attended the graduation, said, “You couldn’t even hear him doing the prayer anymore because everybody was clapping and cheering.”

Costner finished, pointing his finger in the air for emphasis, saying, “For Thine is the kingdom, the power and the glory, forever and ever. Amen,” followed by more cheers and applause.

What’s your opinion about this? – Fire Away…Inquiring Minds Want to Know!

1. Bravo !!!!! Hope to see more of this! Atheists kiss my grits!!!

• bigtimer says:

Joy…

Amen to that!

I know there are some atheists that frequent this site, but they aren’t against free speech and such. It’s the radical commie atheists that have an agenda to abolish God, religion, religious symbols and such from this nation completely. – Never gonna happen…and those that do try it can kiss my grits too!

• Yes my friend! Maybe there is still hope for America. We have to stand up for what is right! God bless this young man and his family.

• charles w says:

I am one. I hate to call myself one though. These so called atheists are a religion. They have meetings every week here in my town. To me that defeats the purpose. I must be a bad non believer because I let my kids go to church with their granny and it doesn’t bother me. I would have stood proud with this young man an prayed with him. I love to piss off liberals.

2. With today’s job market, young people only have a wing and a prayer to go on, and left to the ACLU, all they would have is the wing.

• bigtimer says:

…and a broken wing they inflicted as well. ~

• It all depends….if your a minority the ACLU is your best friend in the world…if you happen to be a white middle class American….your screwed.

3. Excellent post BT. Ya know what frosts my ass? We have this gaggle of libtard asswipes trying their best to all but wipe Christianity out of our schools and society…but these same hypocrite bastards expect us to kiss the muslims asses as if they are the anointed ones…..F them!

• bigtimer says:

Rich…

Thank you…and it frosts my flakes as well…but we will prevail in the end, whether the evils we have working against us like it or not.

Just my two-cents at the moment.

4. riverlife_callie says:

God bless the boy! His parents raised him right. We need more of this. Time to stand up to people who are trying to silence us for our beliefs.

• bigtimer says:

Exactly! – It’s a sad day in America when you even have to make the title of blog post like this one is. – Is it not?

’nuff said.

5. Mic doodle says:

Here is one agnostic who will say he is heartened by this. Whether I can share Christians’ faith or not is drowned out by the fact that I know the Protestant church is the last haven of morals and normalcy in this nation. Whenever I was for Ed to endure some anti religious rant by a fag loving fudge packing fatherf***er in college I just wanted to reach for my revolver (thanks for the quote Goreng). Give me hell kid; as much as it seems you are outnumbered, the masses in this nation are behind you.

• Mic Doodle says:

Give “em” hell. Errors like this are what I get for using a damned Apple mobile device.

• bigtimer says:

Lol…and I knew what you meant and I’m with ya when it comes to that, so are tons of others. 😉

6. I saw this and thought he had quite the sack to do this….I was so proud of him! It made me want to be there and say it with him!

7. angrylittlesouthernwoman says:

I just got chillbumps as I read this. What an outstanding young man! And the audience ?? Good for them! Praise the Lord.

Exelent news just great i hope he tells those self-cenetred atheists wanks the eat their copy of THE GOD DELUSION written by that blabbering pinhead RICHARD DAWKINS tell KARL MARX to TAKE A HIKE

9. Chris H. says:

OMG! This is an outrage! If we let this young man get away with Free Speech, we’ll have to let EVERY Tax Paying Freedom Loving Red Blooded American the right to speak their mind openly and freely! It would be anarchy, blood in the streets, cats and dogs sleeping together. This insanity must STOP! The humanity of it all.

(P.S. Sarcasm intended)

Christ is appluading

11. He reminds me of what America once stood for in a better time – a gutsy young man who will go far.

12. Jack daniels says:

1600 years ago in a Roman Legion in Sebaste (Armenia), forty Christians refused to bring sacrifice to the Roman Emperor as a god. They were stripped naked and made to stand on the ice of the river Kisil-Irmak. On the shore, a fire burned. A warm bath was prepared for those who would recant. Every hour they were asked to renounce their faith, in which case their life would be spared.

In the end, one denied the Saviour. At that moment, the Roman centurion who watched the execution, saw forty angels with forty crowns descending from heaven to crown the martyrs. But one of the angels found no head on which to put the crown.

The would be martyr had become a renegade. So, the centurion stripped himself of his clothes and crying, ‘Angel, I come’ ran into the ice. He died, as did the others, for the glory of the Saviour.

This is the underground church as describes by a communist writer. (excerpt from Richard Wurmbrand’s book “If that were Christ, would you give him your blanket?”)

Jesus said; “Whoever is ashamed of me and my words, the Son of Man will be ashamed of them when he comes in his glory and in the glory of the Father and of the holy angels”. Luke 9:26

This young man has the approval of Christ.

• JD…

Thank you for this history lesson, it’s much needed for people like me.

• SchoenhardJA says:

What a load of garbage. Fairytales for kids.

• Jack daniels says:

I must have missed your great volumes on theology, your great philosophical discourses that survived antiquity, or your wisdom obtained by a selfless and righteous life.

Or maybe, you’re just another arrogant fool whose ignorance races before you on your path to destruction.

• SchoenhardJA says:

I don’t believe in Santa either. Or the tooth fairy. Or forty angels hovering over the local lake. LOL!

• bigtimer says:

Do you believe in what the young man said during his speech? Do you think he had the right to say it, even if you don’t believe in what he said?

• SchoenhardJA,

A load of garbage you say… certainly not garbage in the eyes of most Americans.

• peedoffamerican says:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
        There’s another one that is going to be boarding that Hell bound train when the conductor hollers: All Aboard!

13. Here’s an update via this young man…I think you’ll like it.

14. Always love a person who pushes back… Kudos to this young man.

Btw… ya got to know the ACLU is fuming over this.

15. bigtimer says:

Here’s from today…enjoy.

16. This young man wasn’t so lucky, he got his mic cut off for discussing the constitution!

• Bigtimer, I’ve had all my kids graduate high school here in Texas. Our school district does all high school graduations in a huge, mega-church every year. They start off with a prayer and often the valedictorian speaks of religious themes. I’ve been to several of these. There are people of all races there. I’m sure not everyone is a Christian but no one has ever complained to my knowledge for using a church for graduations.

Liberal lawyers have gutless school administrators running scared. I’m proud the school district of my children has their graduations in a church.

awd

• That’s an excellent idea regarding having the graduation ceremony in a church that could hold all involved…too bad more don’t follow suit. – Kind of sad this is what graduation had evolved into these days.

You said it all at the end of your post…I know I’ve had my fill of this. Glad others are fighting back…that’s a good thing. Maybe there’s hope yet.