Dudes and dudettes…I know many of you work during the day and can’t watch the Zimmerman trial. I also know that many here can and do watch this trial daily, I’m one of them. I want to know if you’ve been watching this trial, would you find Zimmerman innocent or guilty at this stage of the game as we watch the prosecution implode?

Plus, what do you think about the various talking-heads bias against Zimmerman with their non-stop commentary? – I, for one, want to go through the screen of the Boob-Tube and slap the majority of them silly! As Cher so famously once said in a movie…’SNAP OUT OF IT!’

Here’s a report that shows the bias of the msm via the talking-heads. – You can read this in full here:

“It’s dangerous for America the way were doing this as a trial in the media with the whole nation as jury.” This observation about the trial of George Zimmerman for the murder of Florida teen Trayvon Martin in 2012 by MSNBC host Touré was as true when he made it, in March of last year, as it is today. Too few, it seems, have taken his advice to heart.

Since the Zimmerman trial began, the instant analysis of the nationally televised case – meriting near wall-to-wall coverage on the cable news outlets – has not been favorable to the prosecution. State witness after state witness has had their credibility impugned or introduced reasonable doubt that Zimmerman’s actions may not meet the threshold necessary to convict him for second degree murder. And as the state’s case against Zimmerman grows thinner, the tone of those in the media who have invested a significant portion of the last 16 months in an effort to indict him in the court of public opinion has grown more caustic.

This phenomenon began on June 28 after the prosecution’s star witness and Martin’s friend, Rachel Jeantel, took the stand to testify that she was on the phone with the deceased teen when fatal fight with Zimmerman began.

Her testimony was nothing short of a disaster for the prosecution. She was combative, she was reprimanded for being contemptuous of the proceedings, she admitted to reversing assertions made in deposition, and she introduced the fact that Martin had racially profiled Zimmerman (disclosing that Martin had used the slur “cracker” to describe him).

It was then that the media commentators invested in Zimmerman’s guilt went on the defense. MSNBC contributor Goldie Taylor – one of the first media commentators to don a hooded sweatshirt to protest Martin’s unnecessary murder — told MSNBC host Karen Finney on Tuesday of last week that Jeantel was not only not discredited, but she has as much credibility, “speaking from her cultural lens,” as a “Ph. D.”

Taylor said that “unfortunate voices online” and “across other networks” had attacked Jeantel’s ability to be articulate her thoughts as well as her physical features. Taylor later clarified in a tweet that she was not referring to any television networks and “other networks” only applied to social media outlets.

Furthermore, Taylor told Finney, it appeared to her that it seemed possible to her that Zimmerman had intentionally gained tens of pounds in order to appear less threatening to the jury.

“The commentators have made strong points about the various witnesses and have for the most part stayed away from ridiculous speculation and bombast. Until now,” The Washington Post’s Erik Wemple wrote in reaction.

This was just the beginning.

“At the outset, he is the aggressor,” Nancy Grace said of Zimmerman in April, 2012. “You can’t claim self-defense if you are the aggressor.”

“We want justice,” she declared then. Today, however, when any exculpatory assertion on Zimmerman’s behalf is made, Grace is less interested in justice than in attacking the messenger.

On Monday evening, Grace lit up a spokesperson for Zimmerman who claimed that the defendant felt fear for his life during the physical altercation with Martin. Grace expressed over-the-top incredulity of this assertion and cut straight to commercial when in-house legal expert Matt Zarrell backed up the Zimmerman spokesman’s claim.

Then, of course, there is MSNBC host and activist Al Sharpton. The reverend has comported himself in an especially unfortunate way since Martin’s shooting and did much to turn the case into a national phenomenon in the first place.

Departing from the anchor chair, the MSNBC host held rallies in Florida agitating law enforcement to arrest and charge Zimmerman with murder. He hosted countless hours of speculative coverage on his program examining every angle by which the state could convict Zimmerman of this or a lesser crime. Now, as the case against the defendant grows shakier by the day, he has taken to impugning the characters of the prosecution’s witnesses for delivering insufficiently damning testimony against Zimmerman in court.

“[Investigator Chris] Serino can’t say [Zimmerman] was lying,” Sharpton said on Monday of the detective who interrogated Zimmerman after he shot Martin. “Serino’s not saving George, he’s saving himself.”

The fun did not end there.

“[A fact that] I think a lot of people – my colleagues in the media – is missing,” Sharpton continued. “You’re telling me you’re a watchmen that was training in martial arts, knew you had a gun, and you couldn’t’ do anything but shoot to kill this guy – a 17-year-old kid can come and hit you two or three times and the only thing you can do is try to kill him? What happened to your martial arts training?”

Sharpton’s guest surmised that Zimmerman was probably not an especially great student in his martial arts class.

Clearly, the public is more sophisticated than some members of the media believe. The way in which baseless speculation motivated by personal bias is packaged to appear to be analysis is as transparent as cellophane. It is insulting and it is detrimental to the future of the business of television journalism.

“When some future PhD candidate is doing his dissertation on the total collapse of American news gathering and journalism in the twenty-first century, they’ll cite the coverage of this murder a lot,” National Review’s Jim Geraghty wrote Tuesday.

I couldn’t have summed it up better than Geraghty did, how ’bout you?

Side-Note: Since Rachel Jeantel was mentioned right off the bat in this piece…if any of you ‘Creepy Ass Crackers‘ missed her testimony, you can read about it here:

ZIMMERMAN TRIAL: MEET RACHEL JEANTEL, SHE DOESN’T THINK “CREEPY ASS CRACKER” IS RACIST!

Throw in your two-cents…Fire Away – Inquiring Minds Want to Know!

1. Innocent of second-degree murder. Manslaughter? Maybe but doubtful as well. This is all just a slickly orchestrated side show in order to take the heat off of Obama and Holder for ruining the country.

• bigtimer says:

Well, I don’t think it’s a side-show by any means. I think it’s a way for the left to insert the race-card into the second amendment and against Stand Your Ground laws, they want this destroyed…this has been going on long before the major scandals of the O-Team came out. The trial has finally started, they want to punish anyone who dare defend themselves. Angela Corey should be behind bars as far as I’m concerned.

Just my two-cents real quick, got to get back outside and wrap things up for the day.

2. these dumb-ass commentators on CNN and MSNBC all need to shown oup for what they are……which is race hustlers and race baiters……they’re the ones that need to be put on trial, convicted and imprisoned for what they did……..

these sons-a-bitches, and I mean everyone of them, tried to make this into a white man simply stalked a little innocent black boy and killed him maliciously and with forethought….they knew they were hyping and lying about this case so they could make a story out of this and foment racial strife for their own political purposes………..

everything about this case so far is farcical…a real farce…….all of the prosecution witnesses have been great for the defense and have been backfiring on the prosecution…..all of them………

George Zimmerman “the community hero” will walk away a free man and will probably become wealthy from suing NBC for the lies they reported about this case……..

• bigtimer says:

I sure hope your conclusions are right Bluto, as well they should…but I do fear more tricks coming from the leftists with their never-ending agendas. Whatever they come up with, I hope they backfire…just as everything else has so far.

These lowlife reptiles for A-MESS-NBC and the COMMUNISTS NEWS NETWORK want to see a big time riot in america by a bunch of uncivilized brutes becuase they want to see Obama declare MARTIAL LAW and declare himself DICTATOR for LIFE since the media is pretty well leftists in the first place

4. BT you are correct.

I would find Zimmerman innocent at this point. From the beginning the media has made this about race. I also believe they have another motive. Liberals hate guns and the second amendment. If they can get Zimmerman convicted they can use it to help in their gun control agenda. They will say see what happens when people are allowed to carry guns. My God a poor innocent teen was killed and of course the standard liberal B.S. if we can save just one life.

• bigtimer says:

Yep…and people shouldn’t forget Angela Corey has a record of taking on many cases of Stand Your Ground issues. She wants that law destroyed, she’s been on a one woman crusade to do so for years. – I despise this enemy within! I hope this case backfires on he her too…for more reasons than one.

• Riots always get outta control, lets hope they go after the MSM buildings along the way, maybe get a few MSM reporters also since this whole thing was orchestrated by the MSM. MSM=Enemy Of State and should be treated as such.

5. Never apologize for being white says:

I dont know whats going to happen here and thats pathetic because as far as I’m concerned. according to the evidence, this is a SLAM DUNK not guilty across the board. What I can say is after watching michael skolnik and all the rest of these white disgraces I realize more and more just how much the white man is in trouble in this country. To see what happened after that THING testified the other day and these white disgraces PAINFULLY fell all over and made FOOLS of themselves to try and justify WHATEVER IT WAS SAYING, I am disheartened to say the least. It will take a Herculean effort by all of us working together to drag us out of this gargantuan grave that is being methodically dug for us by so many. The time is now, we cant afford to wait or leave it up to our children to do it alone because they need our GUIDANCE and WISDOM and most importantly, we need THEIR trust, because they have to understand that they are our legacy and WE are the only ones that care about their survival.

6. Michael T says:

The OJ trial was a media circus, and you know how that one ended. OJ was black, the victims were white, go figure. Zimmerman is white and the departed was black. How do YOU think it will end?

• bigtimer says:

Speaking of OJ…since I mentioned the talking heads here, I’ve seen the dynamic Marsha Clarke is now on CNN commenting on this case. She’s still a ditz…a pathetic one at that.

As to what I think about this case and what the jury will decide, (according to evidence presented so far) he will be found not guilty.

• There ain’t gonna be no good end to it. Blacks are a lookin for a reason to riot and loot, just the trial getting over will be reason enough. This time they ain’t gonna get a free hand, at least in my neighborhood.

• michael,

Thinking about painting myself black… while my old Sony still produces a beautiful picture, a new flat screen is out there with my name on it. I’m sure most ghetto blacks can’t wait to get some new merchandise.

7. every observer watching this case that isn’t a CNN or MsNBC reporter has this case pegged as being a farce……the prosecution in this case is proving Zimmerman’s case for him………..

I honestly don’t see how the powers that be can get away with railroading the “”white hispanic”” George Zimmerman and get away with it……naturally the blacks will cry racism but anyone who has watched this case including the blacks know the prosecution “MUST” prove it’s case and they haven’t even come close……….

speculation isn’t going to get it done….the prosecution does not have a case and they know it………and so does everyone else……..

• bigtimer says:

Bluto…thanks for that link. And Judge Nap’s dead-on right in this case. The prosecution has been the defenses best friend. I had a link saved somewhere yesterday about this, lost it somewhere along the way…but you get the drift.

Frankly….I’ve never seen anything like what’s taken place so far…and I mean it’s been an amazement to behold! Those that prosecuted this man should be behind bars. But we know that will never happen, I’ve read and watched too many cases where the prosecutors have lied (internationally) and slithered their way to convicting an innocent person time and again….the majority of them do it for political gain. They all should be hung.

• the piece-of-sh!t that prosecuted the Duke Lacrosse boys got his…..he was prosecuted and convicted for his slanderous lies that he told about what happened…..the bastard knew full well the three Duke boys were innocent…..the same should happen here……I hope when all is said and done someone will take up the case and go after the prosecutors that pursued this case ………..

Jack Cashill will have a book out about this case as soon as the verdict is in………his take on the case is unbelievable….the prosecution knows they are going after a red hearing………….

• bigtimer says:

Yep, that came to mind while I was posting above. But that is one of the rare times a political prosecute paid the price as he should have. One other good thing about what happened in that case was the law that was changed in that case too. More states should do so, but I’m not holding my breath for that to happen anytime soon either.

Bluto…

Just read that link you have here. I hope others do as well. Speaks volumes!

You know what else is sad, the judge will most likely support the prosecution tomorrow about the classes Zimm was taking, yet we can’t the jurors will no be allowed to know anything about Martin and his past.

What’s wrong with this picture?

Btw…that book ought to be a good one when it comes out. A best-seller indeed!

• riverlife_callie says:

Thank you for the link, Bluto. I love Jack Cashill’s work. He is a talented writer, but most of all, he is honest.

Unfortunately, we have a corrupt media, and the truth about Trayvon Martin will not get out if they have anything to say about.

• You got that right about the msm, we sure as heck don’t hear much, if anything about Trayvon’s past history etc etc…you can be sure we aren’t going to get any of that during this on-going case either.

Btw…the witness that the prosecution insisted on bringing in today regarding Zimm’s past with his courses on self-defense backfired on these clowns…once again.

• Well, it keeps backfiring because they HAVE NO CASE! This should have NEVER been brought to court. Political pressure is the ONLY reason it was brought to this… This trial is nothing but political theater to calm the savages who are threatening to riot over one dead black kid as if they really care. Heck its not like they go around killing EACH OTHER nightly across the country…….. oh wait…… they do

Hold those who instigate these riots totaly and financialy liable for anything that happens and ecpecialy that no good MSM

9. I think he should walk away a free man but he won’t. He will probably be found guilty of manslaughter. Just to satisfy the savages. They will riot anyway but if he is not punished it will be mayhem everywhere.

• quartierleblanc says:

He’s not charged with manslaughter, hence he cannot be convicted of it. BTW why punish an innocent man just so the apes won’t riot?

• bigtimer says:

Awww hells bells Joy, it will be mayhem everywhere no matter the verdict. That’s what they do…just look at what happens in various cities after a loss or win of a sports game of any venue. Looting, burning of cars, personal property, bodily violence to others in the crowd…on and on it goes.

Btw….did you hear your guy Savage last night about Zimmerman and his guilt according to Michael Weiner’s view of life, plus why Zimm would have a bullet in the chamber and all that other jazz he blathered about?

He made me sick. Period. – Just my two-cents.

• hi
        buddy, You are probably right. Savage pissed me off last night too. he went on and on about his gun and the bullets…..blah blah blah. What floored me was the Russian troops coming here???? WTF. Visit me in the home ok. LOL

• bigtimer says:

Heck gal, you aren’t gonna be in any home anytime soon other than your own! – Same here. Stay sane. 😉

• Thanks Buddy.Just whipped today.Very busy day.Not done yet.You stay sane too. I am so upset about those fire fighters. My Son is one in PA.

• bigtimer says:

Oh heck, I’m tired out too. Been outside a big part of the day, been close to 100 degrees in my neck of the woods, we don’t have air-conditioning since we don’t have heat like that most of the time, and many stories I’ve wanted to post I have no time to do so the last few days.

I’ve been upset about the hotshots deaths too…thumbs up to your son.

• BT,

Anyone and everyone who owns a 9mm which is loaded has a bullet chambered. I was very surprised last night when Savage said Zimmerman was out to shoot Martin just because a bullet was in the chamber of his 9mm… makes me almost believe that Savage really doesn’t know much about weapons.

10. jollywhitegiant says:

I think the commentary by the talking heads in this case, and my personal experience present a good contrast of liberal vs. conservative minds.

When this case first came out, which what was in the news, unarmed 17 year old black, 29 year old “white” man, scuffle and kid ends up dead…this didn’t sound good for the armed man.

PLEASE NOTE THIS POINT IN THE THOUGHT DEVELOPMENT TIMELINE*

From there, I began being interested in the case, for a personal reason. I cant disclose it right at this minute, but its not a HUGE thing, I promise I’m not related to anyone involved, or any of the witnesses or don’t have any personal connection to the case. I’m not an attorney, juror, alternate juror, and other than driving through on the way to Disney, I’ve never been to Sanford, FL, nor have ever met anyone involved. Cross my heart. Its just kind of a funny quirk that caused me to be more interested in it than the average person. So I started paying attention.

And as it went on, more and more facts came out. First, the “white” guy wasn’t white, and if he was, he was as white as the current president. The “kid” wasn’t so sweet or innocent. Then the color pictures of Zimmerman came out, lending credibility. Then real pictures of Trayvon Martin started coming out, and rumors of his academic disciplinary record came out. Rumors of possible criminal activity came out. The initial prosecutor didn’t want to bring charges, then the race baiters got involved (always a sign of BS), then the State Prosecutor brought charges that seemed way over the top. All these things led me to the conclusion that Zimmerman had likely acted in self defense.

Then, most recently, the trial started, and it became painfully evident that the prosecution has very, very little. It all began to make sense…why the prosecutor didn’t want to go forward, why they were so desperate to conceal Trayvon’s past…it was all to postpone riots from then until later and probably give political cover to say “hey, we tried to convict him”.

What does this have to do with the talking heads on TV? Scroll back up to where I asked you to note the point in the Thought Development. All of the talking heads, Trayvon supporters and most liberals HAVE NOT PROGRESSED BEYOND THAT POINT. The thinking stopped there. Unarmed black kid, dead white man, must be racism. That is the perfect analogy of the liberal vs. conservative mind. Liberalism is simplistic and cowardly. Income inequality? Some people have more and some have less…not fair! No thought further of personal responsibility, who made short term sacrifice vs. long term gain, no guts to tell the one with less that he/she may have made poor choices, no sir, there’s inequality, therefore its not fair. If a group performs poorly on and exam or in school, the test is unfair. No examination of the people taking the test, their work ethic, community, home life et al…just easier to say the test isn’t equal.

Which is why I expect riots. The people who get their news from the talking heads are birds of a feather with the talking heads themselves. There will be no thought, no introspection, no consideration that the jury may have seen all the evidence. They will take the racism answer for the same reason the talking heads do…its too damn easy.

• bigtimer says:

Wow…just wow. Your post is smack-dab dead on target and then some!

Your last four words put it in a nutshell: “its too damn easy”

• jollywhitegiant says:

That’s nice of you to say. Its really the thing that I keep coming back to, and I think its one of the biggest challenges conservatives have.

We try to see things from all sides and get at truth. If one of ours is wrong we call them on it, so we expect the other side to do the same. The other side sees groups, and backs up the groups that are loyal to them. We’re trying to discuss democracy with people who are more interested in setting up a Socialist/Minority/LGBT fiefdom alliance. The talking heads on our side, people I do like like Rush, Hannity, and Glenn Beck before he got all into MLK worship, they don’t get it. They think that its all about convincing these people, as if they would join us if they just understood our positions better. So they buy into ideas like “If we just explain conservatism to the Latinos now, they will choose it over La Raza”.

They don’t want to be convinced, they understand the game. They get our positions, and they reject them. They are looking out for their own, and trying to shame us into feeling guilty for doing the same…and picking our pockets as they do it. Things wont get better until we figure it out, and stop being doormats anytime anyone cries “racism” or “bigotry”. Once they understand that we aren’t afraid of a label and wont be collectively rolled anytime they use it, then maybe real honest dialogue and understanding can happen.

• bigtimer says:

Right you are…and that’s a big maybe when it comes to real honest dialogue etc etc.in referring to your point at the end of your post.

Time will tell…but I’m not real hopeful. I do want to end up being proven wrong though.

• Well said sir. Thanks for contributing. I not only liked what you had to say, and agreed with it, it also added clarity to my own perspective on the matter. TY.

11. bigtimer says:

And of course we haven’t heard about this news. I read about it hours ago, just catching up here now while it’s cooled off in my home.

See what you think. You can bet this news won’t get in the trial.

12. Am I the only one who thinks it’s odd that there are only SIX jurors, not twelve? And that they’re all WOMEN? And that all but one are WHITE? BTW, I mention that last one because GZ is only half-white, and half-Latino. And by all accounts seems to identify more with the Latino side.

But anyway… why is there not twelve jurors, like ALL OTHER criminal trials in this country? Well, I THINK I might know the answer: To help ensure a conviction, with less chance of an acquittal or a hung jury.

And my answer to your question, BT: This SHOULD NOT EVEN *BE* A TRIAL! The judge should have thrown the case out. If it were me that was the judge, I would have declared a mistrial, and immediately set GZ free. Of course, this judge is obviously in cahoots with the “special prosecutor”, the MSM, the wussypants governor, the Black Community, and the left-wing powers that be. She obviously has the same goal of railroading Zimmerman, in the desperate hope of appeasing the ghetto-ites so they don’t riot.

Think about it: Why else would the judge severely limit what terms the defense can use in their arguments, but place almost no restrictions on what the prosecution can use? Why would she allow a jury to be chosen that is clearly NOT a jury of Zimmerman’s peers? And why would she allow the Martin family (and their lawyer – WHY the hell would the parents of the victim even NEED a lawyer) to watch the trial, but not the family of GZ?

Oh sure, one might argue that a fight might break out if the parents of Trayvon were to be in the same room as the family of George Zimmerman. But if that were the case, why not remove the Martin family and allow the Zimmerman family to remain in the courtroom? And security concerns are what the bailiffs are for. So I don’t see why the judge couldn’t allow both families to attend the trial. So long as one or the other doesn’t get out of control.

Anyway… GZ SHOULD be freed with the court’s, the state’s, and the media’s DEEPEST apologies. But… I have a feeling they’re going to find some way to find him guilty. If not as charged then under some lesser charge. And they may be seeking “life in prison” for him. But I’m almost certain that if they do succeed in convicting him, they’ll do whatever it takes to make sure he gets stuck in Gen Pop, to ensure that he gets killed. Since they most likely can’t sentence him to death if they convict him. Or… if he does get acquitted, as he most definitely should… they’ll find some way to ensure that he meets with an unfortunate “accident” as he’s leaving the courthouse. Basically, he’s going to pay for his “crime” one way or another… even though they know full damn well he’s committed no crime. And that they ain’t got a leg to stand on.

I know how these theories sound: a bit conspiratorial. And I hope to God I’m wrong about them. I hope that GZ IS acquitted, and allowed to return home safe and sound, and live out the rest of his days safe and sound. But… our justice system just can’t be counted on to do the right thing. Or even to act in the interests of justice. Hence the cynical tone of this post.

• When it comes to the number of jurors on the case, I guess it’s just how they do things there. As to women and only women on the main jury…the defense and prosecution must have gave the nod to it, and besides that…so what? Women are just as smart as men are…depending on who you are, the situation and how you look at the situation. I’ve mentioned that point too in some other post a few days back, and lets don’t forget the judge is a gal to-boot.

This whole case has been a sham, the only woman I would love to see nailed is Angela Corey, who detests and has fought against the Stand Your Grounds law. Zimmerman wasn’t charged because of the msm, political pressure and yes, involvement from those at the helm in DC. Namely ‘If I had a son, he might look like Trayvon’ as well as hand in glove with Mr. Fast and Furious (contempt of congress) Eric Holder.

I’m worried too when it comes to what happens to Zimmerman, the verdict and such…but, so far watching the trial everyday…not so much anymore. – Still a long way to go yet…and I know that.

Sorry if this is so jumbled, just hope you get my drift.

• My concerns have nothing to do with whether or not women can be competent jurors. Nor was my concern that there are women on the jury. My concern (among others) is that ALL the jurors are female. The jury just seems a bit TOO homogeneous for a trial like this. It surprises me that both the prosecution AND the defense agreed to this makeup for the jury. But I admit, there could be something I’m missing. So… that’s all I’ll say on the matter.

Not trying to argue. Or even necessarily disagree with you. This little tidbit in the trial just struck me as odd, that’s all. I sure as hell agree about Angela Corey. And I’ve already mentioned what I think about the judge in this trial, and I would think EXACTLY the same about her if she was a man. She isn’t stupid, or incompetent. She knows EXACTLY what she is doing. Which is part of the whole sham of a trial that we’re watching unfold.

But anyway, hope this better clarifies my position.

• Oh heck, I agree with your points as a whole…like I’ve said, I’ve mentioned much of the same in previous posts via other threads. Not all of us are here at the same times, so we miss each others views.

Btw…trust me, I surely hope you don’t think I was trying to argue with you either. And your points are clarified, and appreciated. But heck, I understood you in the first place…loud and clear.

Let’s hope for the best…and the right decision made after all is said and done. Not only for Zimmerman, but for us as a nation when it comes to self-defense.

• jollywhitegiant says:

@ABisaBA I can give you an answer to the Juror issue. State law in Florida allows 6 member juries in all but Capital Murder cases. I believe (dont quote me on this part) that the defense can request a 12 person jury if they desire.

Whether this is generally good or bad in practice is debatable…but in this case I’d probably say the smaller number is better for Zimmerman, because with the defense objections to jurors they were able to get an all white (except for one who I believe is half latino) jury, where as I do not believe that they would have been able to keep at least one or two blacks off a 12 person jury. That is, of course, assuming that you subscribe to the theory (as I do) that black people on the jury would have been a big problem for Zimmerman.

• I see. I actually did NOT know that, about six-person juries. Thanks for clarifying. Although… I too am still a bit wary of this being a good practice. It just seems to me that a 12-person jury would actually stack the odds in FAVOR of Zimmerman. Which in all honesty is how a trial should be. Since one is “innocent until proven guilty.” We may get emotional when hearing news stories of people on trial for heinous crimes, and be tempted to want to give the person an instant guilty verdict and take him out behind the courthouse for immediate executions. And hey, I’ve been guilty of that too. But we must remember that a defendant accused of a crime is innocent until proven guilty. Because anything otherwise would lend itself to far more potential for corruption and miscarriage of justice.

• jollywhitegiant says:

In general I agree with the principle of 12 vs. 6, although I suppose if the defendant gets the choice then that kind of tempers the possibility of “rush to execution”.

I would speculate that the idea behind it was the problem of finding enough qualified Jurors to cover the caseload. Especially in some of the more rural counties in Florida (we are largely an agricultural state, once you get away from the 3 major population centers of Miami, Tampa and Jacksonville) its likely a strain to fill the jury dockets, and so allowing the option of a smaller jury was probably thrown in for that purpose. Remember too that a significant portion of the state only lives here in the winter, and returns to the Northeast in the summer which is part of the reason a normally red state like Florida has turned more and more Blue, because the mortuary bait and denture breath are all down here in November…seasoned citizens in present company excluded, of course :)

13. Wildkitten says:

I’ll be honest here. I’m not looking at the trial as a black and white thing or the media circus it’s become. I’ve been trying to sit through it objectively looking at the facts and then coming to a conclusion when the trail is over and the jurors are to decide. At this point and it’s a tad too early to decide. I don’t think Zimmerman should be found guilty of murder in the 2nd but I do think the guy overstepped and he should serve some time for manslaughter. I don’t see anyway they will find him innocent of all charges.

Sorry – It’s just how I feel right now.

• riverlife_callie says:

Zimmerman overstepped in what way? The prosecution has to prove it was NOT self-defense. That’s all. It doesn’t matter if Zimmerman got out of the car or didn’t get out of the car or any of the other red herrings that have been thrown out there. All that matters is was he fearful of death or great bodily harm. If he was, he was justified in defending himself. Period. I think the fact that he was the one with the injuries proves that. Trayvon circled back to confront him, knocked him down and began pounding his head against the concrete and punching him Mixed Martial Arts style. If that is not worthy of a self-defense plea, I don’t know what is.

You should check out Andrew Branca’s coverage over at Legal Insurrection. He explains what self-defense means and what the prosecution has to prove. IMO, they have not proved anything.

• riverlife_callie says:

P.S.
        Can we take “feelings” out of the picture and go on facts please? “Feelings” are what got us into this mess we’re in as a country. Let’s try logic for a change.

• jollywhitegiant says:

@wildkitten fair enough, and reasonable people can disagree. And to be sure, I dont think that GZ is some great hero, there probably is some over zealousness in there. I kind of picture him as the guy that takes his job on the homeowners association way too seriously and goes out daily ticketing for violations.

But whether or not GZ was kind of a dweeb is not what is on trial here. The question is did he do anything illegal. He did not in getting out of his truck, following TM, calling the police and even continuing the pursuit if a 911 dispatcher told him not to…which they really couldn’t and did not.

The ONLY question is did Zimmerman instigate the “Fight” portion between himself and TM, and further even if he did, did TM respond in such an overwhelming way that Zimmerman was afraid for his life. There are hints that Zimmerman was attacked and that TM overwhelmed him and was beating him, from the testimony of John Goode and the location of the dead body based on previous testimony*.

But beyond that, we just don’t know. Two people knew the answers to that question, and one of them is dead. Dead men tell no tales. But without that information, who was the aggressor at the time of the actual shooting, Zimmerman gets to walk. That’s how the law works. Whether he should have been there in the first place is legally moot. You cant charge him with manslaughter because of that.

*the dead body was found at the north end of the complex where the fight happened. Zimmerman testified that when he was following TM, TM started running, and per the testimony of Rachael Jeantel, was almost to his house, which is on the far south end of the complex. There are about 100 yards in between Trayvon’s house and where Trayvon’s body ended up. If Trayvon didn’t turn and go back to confront Zimmerman from “almost home”, how in the world did his dead body get back to the north end of the complex?

14. If GZ doesn’t walk away from this the white people should be the ones rioting in the streets for justice.

15. Obama Launches Zimmerman Race War

• Oh wow…don’t think I can handle that this morning, but will take a look later today.

Thanks Edtudo. ~

16. Is it just me or does Nancy grace always look like she just smelled a fart ? All of these left wing news people have an opinion which defies logic.Bottom line,the state looked like it was putting on the defense case.He never should have been charged based on the evidence and eyewitness accounts.The judge should dismiss charges before the defense even puts on a case.There is no evidence that 2nd degree murder was committed.

• Never apologize for being white says:

Yeah probably her own, that skanky pandering white guilt liberal tuna can slop box throw a hot dog down the hallway skeezer sub human slob.

17. Check these out…

…and this.

Just clicking the link speaks volumes about the leftist involved in the picture.

18. White Bear says:

I was a cop for over 30 years, and there’s no doubt in my mind that Zimmerman is innocent; this is a clear case of self defense against a typical ghetto thug. I’m surprised Zimmerman had the self restraint to only shoot him once, I’m not sure that I would have stopped at one. That being said, I’m not sure the jury will have the courage to acquit him because of the fear of the rioting trash that will surely take to the streets (see Rodney King). God knows the judge is doing everything she can to favor the prosecution. It’s a good thing George chose to be tried by a jury rather than just a judge; he’d already be on his way to prison. We can only hope for the best and plan for the worst. If he’s convicted maybe it’s time for us to take to the streets.

WB…

I agree with you about the judge, everything you mentioned about her is right on the money. I also agree about his decision to take a jury trial instead too.

Your last thought’s not such a bad idea. Two can play that game.

19. I live in Central Florida, in fact, not all that far from Sanford. As the days go by you can feel a gradual shift in what people think about the case. More are saying that it never should’ve come to trial and it was a case of self-defense.

Yeah, GZ was a stupid neighborhood watch guy who allowed himself to get dragged into something that he could’ve handled better, but Martin was the physical aggressor and got shot screwing with an armed person who was within Florida law in protecting himself.

People are beginning to see for themselves as the evidence is revealed the innocence of Zimmerman’s self defensive actions.

Perhaps the most stupid witness was the state’s ME who never examined the body of Martin nor examined Zimmerman’s injuries but gave testimony that she ‘looked at photographs.’ Huh?
    The best was last when she claimed the ‘injuries didn’t appear life threatening Wow? What was Zimmerman supposed to do? Only try to defend himself when he felt he was nearing a comatose state?

But there is a tension in the air here. You can feel it. It’s sorta like that thick humidity and lingering semi-darkness just before a hurricane comes roaring in. Wariness and fear aren’t that well hidden behind people’s mask of feinted indifference whether riots could really happen.

The Rodney King riots are still remembered as a vicious explosion of hate and greed. The Miami riots back in the late 1970’s were brutal Many died, alot of property was destroyed and it went on for quite awhile.

This time it will be very different. You can bet on it.

• Nixonfan says:

The American people are no longer sympathetic to black youths shooting 7-11 clerks and gas station owners. We have a black president; blacks can vote. We have a King holiday. Negroes have run out of grievances. So riot already–it’ll help us in the midterms.

20. Wildkitten says:

Well today I heard that manslaughter could carry 30 years. I will have to say there is no way he should serve that kind of time. I was disappointing to hear Trevon’s DNA wasn’t on the gun he was alleged to have reached for but reach doesn’t equate to necessary contact either.

WK…

Spot-on about the manslaughter mention, as well as the gun. ‘Reach for’ isn’t the same as touch.

21. 4theBoys says:

New to this site; love it. Enjoying the comments about the Zimmerman trial, and I have one myself. I read over and over again that if GZ had just stayed in his truck, not followed TM, etc., etc., this would not have happened. But, what if TM had just turned when Zimmerman called to him and said “I am just heading to my dad’s” and given him the address? Wouldn’t that have had the same effect? This was Zimmerman’s neighborhood and Martin was relatively new to it; just being respectful could have made a world of difference.

• bigtimer says:

Glad to see you here, hope we see you more often.

Btw…great post!

Got to go have my morning coffee…will catch up with all later.

22. Nixonfan says:

Anyone with any knowledge of the case knows that Tray jumped George and beat his head in Negro-fashion. (That’s where you grab the victim by the neck and hit his head in an aggressive manner.) Zimmerman made a big mistake by killing Tray because you can’t walk away from that. Blacks don’t like it when crazy ass crackers shoot them; it’s supposed to be the other way around. However, here is my prognostication: Zimm will be acquitted, there will be a few isolated “incidents” in which some unlucky white suckers get shot, and then it will be over. The whole “Negro Riot” thing is no longer an effective tool. Altho we can be sure that Obongo will act in a wholly responsible manner.

23. GZ will walk…the black racists will riot…end of story. As long as they keep it in Sanford that’s fine with me..let it burn to the ground for all I care. But I will defend my home with my life…and my AR15.

• quartierleblanc says:

Nope Rich, the flash mobs will replace the riot. The flash mobs are nothing more than raid that just happen to negate your firepower.

24. Uhhhhh, Uh oh! Trayvon already got justice—from Zimmerman’s gun. No “tragedy” here. Trayvon was a drug-dealing, thieving, violent punk, who picked the wrong Mexican to try to kill. The Lord, in all his goodness, mercy and justice, delivered us George Zimmerman, a brave warrior who exterminated Trayvon for his evil, crime and hatred. Well done, Zimmerman! The Lord is with you.