AWD saw a video during his daily perusal of I Own The World and it just put my big, sexy ass in jail! Just like the fascist cops in the video almost did to the young kid trying to protect himself from police tyranny at a DUI checkpoint.

This is the sh*t that makes people hate cops! Tough-guy assholes protected by their badges who bully the good people who pay their salaries! Nothing more than low-grade fascists! You know, I think cops would rather stop some guy who blew a molecule above 8% alcohol than stop a murder!

The young man in this video had his Constitutional rights violated by Officer Rock. I pray he will sue the city/state police organization Officer Rock represents. I hope he sues them for allowing their drug dog to scratch his car. I then hope he sues every cop involved in this travesty for trampling his civil rights. Those cops cannot be allowed to remain cops. They are thugs and will probably end up working for Homeland Security!

I kept waiting for Officer Rock to drop a nickel bag (if they still call them that) or other drugs in the guy’s car. I wouldn’t put it by them. The morons illegally searching the guy’s car finally noticed they were being recorded. Idjits!

America was founded to protect individuals from the thuggery of the state. We have God-given rights that are being trampled by jackboots like the goons in this video. They operate by intimidation and prey on those who pose no problem to public safety. The douche bag cops didn’t like the young man asking them why he was being detained and broke the law to punish him for his “impertinence.” Sadly, we are seeing more and more videos like this recording fascist cops in action across the country.

I realize cops put up with a lot of sh*t from bad people. But nobody asked them to become cops. The kid pulled over in the video is not one of the bad guys. And he did nothing wrong. The cops in that video are nothing more than thuggish bullies. If they cannot do what is expected and required from police, they should get out of the business. Hopefully, the kid’s lawsuit will expedite that.

1. Michael T says:

Take it for what it’s worth.

(-52)
    • While I can see both sides of it Michael, that still doesnt excuse the cops in the video acting like complete assholes. The kid didn’t get smart with them at all. The Gestapo attitude they took with him was totally unwarranted. Just some pricks being pricks.

• Michael T says:

Don’t get me wrong, the cop was on a power trip. But maybe he had been working that checkpoint all night by the time the kid shows up. And it’s possible that he had encountered a few constitutioalists before thois stop. DUI checkpoints are conducted because citizens bitch and moan about drunk drivers.

The police chief or county sheriff has to comply or lose their job. They usually net a few drunk drivers, they publish it in the local news outlets, and the public is pacified for a while. At least until the next load of teenagers are killed in an alcohol related crash.

(-31)
        • Michael T says:

Sorry for the typos, I’m watching ‘You Don’t Know Dixie’ on H2 at the same time.

(-15)
        • It has nothing whatsoever to do with the citizens bitching and moaning. (citizens bitching and moaning about illegals, gay marriage, etc. certainly hasnt generated any action, has it? Nobody gives a rats ass about what the citizens want.) It has everything to do with making money for the government, much like normal traffic violations. Safety is irrelevant; robbing citizens of their money is the point. Big fines, you need a lawyer, etc. it’s about nothing but money.

He’d been working the check point all night. What the exactly does that have do do with it?

• Michael T says:

Take a breath, and calm down bfore you have a stroke Boots. The detail does not generate that much revenue. And it IS about public perception. Go back and re-read the post and think about it some more.

(-25)
          • bigtimer says:

MT…

I reread it, so what if he met other ‘constitutionalists’ that night. I’d say that’s a good thing for this country, at least it gives me hope for the future.

Just out of curiosity, do you think random checkpoints are constitutional?

And as to others, including teens being killed in car wrecks because of poor choices while driving, that will never stop, no matter what. Unless we ban cars and driving.

• Michael T says:

Heres my answer, I don’t want to argue about it. I don’t need to be called on the carpet about every comment that someone on this blog does not like. Have a good one Bigtimer, I’m out!

(-8)
          • Good lord, I wasn’t trying to argue. Just replying to comments/posts you made and asking you a couple of questions, which evidently you don’t want to answer. And no one is calling you on the ‘carpet’ whatsoever.

You have a good one too. ~

• Friendly advice: if you don’t want to be called on it, then don’t put it out there. That’s the game here. I’ve had my ass handed to me by Biggie on more than one occasion. This is no big deal; I love her more for it. 😉

Thanks, Boots. Got enough free advice to last a lifetime 😉

(-3)
          • Um…you opened this door, now people make relevant points and you shut the door. This reminds me of a lot of cops, when they get caught in their hypocrisy they say “have a nice day”, instead of admitting someone else has a point, or they were wrong, or continue to debate it further. A liberal tactic. BTW worked in this field before, it’s revenue. How many tickets have you written, then went to court to see the same traffic judge and prosecutor while a bunch of people pay their 150$+ fines that go to the city? We both know you can’t do the job effectively without the citizenry working with you, you are creating an environment of “us vs. them”, this is why nobody comes into help or give information that is credible, you scared the hell out of them, easier to go after a drunk than a killer, you b**** the citizens aren’t their to work with you as you treat them like crap. Further, I do not care if he encountered nothing but sober Constitutionalists all WEEKEND, he should’ve kept his cool, part of the job, I wouldn’t want him as a partner. No wonder Forbes magazine listed this as one of the most attractive jobs for psychopaths, and that I wanted out. Have a good day sir, and I hope none of your family members come across a guy like this. Of course you will call in a “professional favor” then claim ignorance to the law, and get away with it. You and I both know ignorance is no excuse for the law being broken, so why do you get that luxury? How come so many cops don’t even know the laws they are enforcing? How come so many get dumbfounded when stopping people who know their rights, or lawyers? Look you might be one of the good ones, but your defense of the s***b**s doesn’t help.

• david7134 says:

This is the way it is Michael, the cops have gotten out of control in the country and this is a great example. No, the cops are not getting revenue out of this stop. But they don’t understand their role in our society. A good example is what happened to a patient of mine. He was swerving down the road and driving in an erratic manner. The cops stopped him, pulled him out of the car and beat the crap out of him as he was not cooperating. They arrested him for being drunk. But he wasn’t, he was hypoglycemic and had suffered a stroke.

Then there is the case of the young woman in Virginia who was brutalized by the alcohol police. Why do we even have alcohol police? Why do we even control alcohol, Europe doesn’t and has no problem.

So the fact is that we don’t have rights in this country. We are not the land of the free. We haven’t been the land of the free since 1865. We need another 1860.

• david7134,

Pretty much on target with your thoughts… big brother now looks over everyones shoulder daily.

This is the way it is, Michael… LOL

(-5)
          • Why do I need to take a breath? Or are you implying I’m a hysterical female? (I suppose that’s the only response you’ve got.)

The detail doesn’t generate that much revene?!!! Come on! I was in traffic court recently for a speeding ticket I received coming home from the office late one night. Let’s see, approximately 200 people in court – and that is quite a few people for this small town – X $150 fine each = $30,000 taken in by the town in one night. Court is held monthly. 30k X 12 months = $ 360,000 annually. And it’s not a revenue generator? Please! Mind you, this has nothing to do with dwi; I have no idea what those fines are, but I’m sure they are far more.

Again, I ask the question you didn’t answer and instead insulted me: what does the cop having worked the checkpoint all night have to do with anything?

• While I agree with you about the money side of things, I’m happy that police are out there catching drunk drivers.

I stupidly got a DUI about 10 years ago and it straightened my a55 out. I wasn’t plastered but I was legally drunk so I deserved it. Now, I’ve got a 2-yr-old daughter and I want these people off the streets.

But yeah, I don’t like it when power is abused and regardless of the circumstances the cop was acting like a power hungry dick.

(-2)
          • Agreed. It has nothing to do with citizen’s rights; cops are royal pieces of shit who’ve decided to begin believing that God favors them. They even refer to their selves as the “good guys” and “freedom fighters”. In reality, most of them are serving corporations and bankers under the title of “government” and the second you disagree with them feel that karma won’t kick them in the ass when they decide to pull up arms.

Cops can burn in hell.

• Leo Pompeo says:

Excellent Boots I hate cops and they ARE THIEVES JOIN THE nma

• Celebrate Homogeneity says:

“ut maybe he had been working that checkpoint all night by the time the kid shows up. And it’s possible that he had encountered a few constitutioalists before thois stop.”

Oh, God forbid someone knows and believes in the Constitution!

Another comment made the point that safety is not the issue here; that revenue is. I will take that further: it is not just the revenue, it is letting the peasants, or as you like to call us, “civilians”, know their place in the pecking order.

• oh cry cry!! i have a bad day all the time and i don’t take it out on someone that doesn’t deserve it! if you can’t handle the job u jackass then u should get a job at wal-mart!

I hate all cops and think they rot on hell!

give me my 2nd amendment and a don’t need a damn cop!

they don’t save peoples lives…they are in business to generate revenue for the city and state!

real terrorists are gestapo police!! GOD has a special place waiting for YOU police officers!

• You do realize that you are replying to 6 month old posts, right? Put the crack pipe down and go outside and get some fresh air.

(-2)
          • Um, so are you…maybe take your own advice

• Exactly, they chose the job and were not forced to do it. So sick of hearing whiney ass bitch cops complain about having to do their jobs and how they can’t seem to stand to treat people with any respect.
            They are mostly know-it-alls who actually aren’t that bright and hate for someone else to know anything about the law or rights…especially if you know something they don’t. But the way they see it none of us are supposed to have any rights when dealing with police. They expect that our rights are suspended and that they can walk all over us and treat us like slaves or inferior humans.

They are a lot like the gestapo…this is actually how I usually refer to them myself. Most officers and the institution as a whole is very corrupt. Cops are some of the worst criminals on the planet and they abuse their positions of authority and harass citizens for both money and for the joy of it.

Most of them do deserve to burn in hell. No wonder most people hate them and take them to court and a few even fight back or shoot these monsters, giving them a taste of their own medicine.

I truly hope these horrible bastards get what they deserve in the end!!!

• Art Vandelay says:

You are just the kind of sheep the government likes. “If you don’t have anything to hide, you don’t need to worry about a warrantless search of your home, car, anal cavity…” You are a fool. A perfect victim of the local cops or federal gestapo that wants to violate your rights. You deserve what you get, but those of us who believe in liberty will stand up to local yokel redneck bullies like the cop in this video.

@AV

Sheep? F**k you asshole

(-6)
        • I don’t think you should say that; you’re too good for that. Don’t.Say.That!.

You’re the police; we are the people. Try at least please to see this from our point of view. Think of what we experience. Try!

And you’re very very smart Michael t. – I’ve read many things you (and red) have said about race. I read them; but I say nothing. (because I think you’re right, but I don’t want to think that, but you are both are right…reality isn’t pretty.)

I’m glad you’re back anyway, I’d miss you. Biggie will kick our ass from time to time, but so what? Change is good. Biggie has made me change my mind about the death penalty, which I was adamantly against. ( I was pro life, all life, not the life I judge as worthy…but she has good points!).

(-1)
          • bigtimer says:

Boot,

MT isn’t a cop. Period. Maybe he’s wanted to be, who knows.

And I’ve never kicked your ass, we’ve only went back and forth about abortion. Politely. I was glad you learned things you didn’t know about before from links and stories…but that isn’t kicking your ass. I would appreciate it if you’d quit saying that…after-all, it was the Gosnell trial and all involved we were talking about way back when.

• No big – you’ve beaten me and I know it. It’s not a bad thing…at all. :-)

You opened my mind – ie, I might be wrong!!???

It’s a good thing.

Cop or not, I dont want to be mean. I’ve had too many good experiences here. :-)

And I’ll never meet him, so who cares?

And when you were talking to me about abortion, you couldn’t have been more effective if you had slapped me, which you did without doing it. Does that make sense

(-1)
          • bigtimer says:

Yes Boots…I gotcha loud and clear. 😉

(-1)
          • Michael T says:

You don’t know anything about me, or if you do, maybe you are government snoop like the rest of them, Bigtimer.

• Michael T says:

@Boots, I am not the police. I was the police, not anymore. Some folks here have a mob mentality, some are quite erudite in their comments. Others are more on the ‘folksy’ side of life. I don’t like cops anymore than many people here, and I have been on both sides of the badge as it were. Mostly when I was younger, and didn’t know what the future was.

I’m lucky I didn’t get killed by them. I don’t like cops, and I don’t much care for the company of other humans either. I’m not a troll, and I’m not on the ‘wrong’ side of things either.

Some people are just looking to get into it here, and if they even remotely smell troll, they go nuts. But when someone writes, hey Michael T, what is your home address? I take that as a threat, it’s how I have survived in a world that will mortally wound you and leave you to die alone on the street.

Nobody really knows anyone on these blogs, unless they happen to know each other in person, which some here do. I don’t personallhy know anyone here.

I am a survivor, and I will survive whatever comes down the road.

But I get angry too Boots, and I say what comes to mind, and sometimes I just want to stir the pot. But I am no sheep, I’ll promise that. I keep my guns right next to me all the time, I take them everywhere.

The government is the enemy not me. I don’t work for the government. I’m not the enemy…

• That helps your cause.

• Hey Michael T. what is your home address? I am going to periodically go to your home to make sure you aren’t up to no good. This is for the safety of the citizens and to comply with their outcry for safety. It is required that I search your home, riffle through your belongings and ask you intrusive questions. Non-compliance only proves your guiltiness of wrong doing. Just simply let me do this and “you’re on your way” with no problems. Don’t go “looking for trouble” when I come to your home. Don’t give me some BS like you have some right to privacy. That is an obvious sign you are guilty of something not to mention no one likes a “constitutionalist”. You must comply with my requests because I have a costume, a badge and not to mention it is for the greater good and their safety.

Something tells me you won’t give me your home address because you do like your privacy. Well so do other people whether its their home or their car. People simply want to live freely and travel unmolested.I guess that is a tough thing to ask in “free America” when people like you think you have the right to do as you want. So long as it is covered up, like a prostitutes cheap perfume, with “safety” or for the “greater good.”

@Chris

Periodically come to my house? That is a stupid comment, that does not deserve a lenghty response. Don’t say things like that here to folks you don’t know. I’m paranoid enough as it is.

• Cops are just doing their job. They dont have murders to go to 24/7 I would know my dad is one!!

(-5)
    • The sad thing is these thug pigs are just running up the tab- next they’ll complain they need more money when they’re afraid to go fight real crime- it’s so much easier for them to pick on people driving down the street

• to hell with YOU Michael T!!!

(-2)
    • The cops have NO right to violate peoples’ rights and harass and assault them but a cop never lets the law stand in his way.
      They guy did nothing wrong and doesn’t have to forfeit his rights to the cops just because they say so. He is not a suspect in any crime and doesn’t deserve to be treated like one

2. This is exactly the reason on the Mitchell thread I said what I did AWD. I stand by it. This is the kind of jackboot Nazi thug POS type that would break in a door without a warrant thinking they are above the law.

• Celebrate Homogeneity says:

The courts have made them pretty much above the law, Rich.

• They aren’t above my law. When you are out in public you are at their mercy. But when I’m in my own home minding my own business, I will shoot to kill ANYONE who attempts to break in my door without legal authority to be there…period! If they don’t knock like a human being and show a legal warrant..they aren’t coming in…even if it means a god damned war in my living room. If that makes me a radical martyr so be it but I refuse to be bullied in my own home by anyone…badge or no badge. There is a right way to do things…legally and morally..and then there is the jack boot nazi way and Im not playing the nazi routine with any of them. If law enforcement wants respect they can play by the same rules they expect us to or all bets are off.

• Careful what you wish for Rich. Botched swat raids happen quite often in the land of the “free.” You won’t win against the militarized police force dozens deep outfitted with vests, helmets, etc.

• Hell I’m not wishing for it. The chances of it happening are about the same as being struck by lightning anyway. Bottom line is if the cops knock at the door and identify themselves in a lawful civil manner there is no problem as I have nothing to hide anyway. If the officers happen to be pleasant and professional I may even let them in and offer them a cup of coffee. But jackboot door bursting shit will result in one or more of them losing his head from a 12 gauge blast. This goes for anybody not just cops. That’s just how it is in my house. I wont take that shit from anybody.

3. bigtimer says:

Infuriating…and Ross is just one of many that have gotten away with these kind of tactics, if not worse for decades now. The difference now is, we have cell vids and social media to spread the message for others that care about our rights in this country that are being (and have been) stripped away from us daily.

Good for this young man to fight the bastid…and good for that other cop telling the bully-bastid of a cop that the young man knew his constitutional rights.

And to top it off, this was a DUI stop/check point, and they didn’t even ask him if he had been drinking.

Btw…I think these check points are unconstitutional, I always have from the get-go and have said as such over the years here and there.

People become complacent and follow like sheep instead of fighting back…and look where it’s gotten us folks. We aren’t free anymore…not by a long shot.

• Totally agree BT. This bullshit of stopping everyone like one of Hitlers WW2 road blocks checking everyone as if we are all criminals is pure crap. Its nothing but a money grab. If it really was about traffic safety why do they only do it on holidays when they know a few more drunks may be on the roads? I guess the rest of the year doesn’t count.

• david7134 says:

Why do the look at alcohol content? Why not patrol the streets and look at actions and leave the rest alone?

4. I admire this kid for knowing his rights and sticking up for them. There is a thing called official oppression. I was pulled over on my way to So Padre the cop ask me if he could search my car, I ask him if I had to let him, he said no and I went on my way.

5. Oh…I almost forgot to add this….Islam sucks!

6. The cop said constitutional rights can be violated in the name of safety. Tells me all I need to know.

7. RebPirate says:

So sick and tired of being told that I have nothing to fear if I’m not doing anything wrong. This young man was completely within his rights to ask his questions and officer Ross needs a lot of remedial training in how to correctly conduct a stop…check-point or not. What the young citizen may have done differently was to actually lock his car when he got out. Would that have changed the outcome? Probably not. I am also surprised that something didn’t “turn-up” during the search.
    My respect for the good law enforcement officers out there. They’re getting fewer it seems. And I too have always believed that these so-called DUI check-points are a farce.

8. Storm Troopers! Hope he sues!!

9. We all know there are great police officers and we need to be thankful for them, but my respect for law enforcement is slowly dwindling away due to videos like this. The old saying however applies here, you’ll always find a few bad apples in every bushel. With that said, bring on the lawsuits and maybe cities will then weed out the bad cops and dispense with the quota system.

• Celebrate Homogeneity says:

WHICH quota system? Number of arrests and/or citations? Or the hiring quotas set by the Feds?

• Totally agree Paul. I had a cop renting from my parents in my old home up in Barackistan. He was a good cop who worked in the nastiest black shithole neighborhood you ever saw in your life. I admire the good honest cops who put their lives on the line every day. But sadly, there are assholes like the ones in the video who let the power go to their heads and think they are the new version of Hitlers Gestapo. In Chicago it was difficult to tell the crooked cops from the good ones.

Typically, if you got pulled over and asked how much money you had on you…you knew it was one of the crooks. Yes, they were that blatant about it. One of my uncles got stopped for allegedly running a light only to have to pay the crooked prick off with a bribe. Even when he asked for the ticket the bastard just kept badgering him with threats of more serious charges and jail if he didn’t pay up. Its real hard to respect the cops when you cant tell the honest ones from the rotten ones anymore.

10. Does anybody know this douchbag cop’s jurisdiction? If I were that kid, I’d get myself a pit bull lawyer (although he appears capable of representing himself legally) and have that cop strung up by his nut sack.

11. Yes, this is why people hate cops, exactly. RedStater had a post awhile back glorifying law enforcement – I decided not to comment, sometimes I just don’t feel like being disagreeable. (believe it or not Big…)

Generally (not always, but I’d say 80%) police are nothing but a bunch of punks on a power trip. They are generally (not always, again around 80%) of lower than average intelligence and do nothing but harass law abiding citizens traveling back and forth to and from their jobs. Especially where I live, as there is no crime to speak of, this is the case.

And the argument that they put their lives on the line everyday and deserve so much respect for it is also bogus. Their relative high salaries for the minimal education requirements is the adjustment for taking these risks. In nys, the penalty for killing a cop is more than for killing a regular citizen. Are their lives worth more?

Biggie, good point – DUI checks are unconstitutional. I’d never thought about it. Thanks!

• Boots–you’re alive! Was wondering what happened to you. Anyway, funny you should mention that article I wrote. I was hesitant to write it since I’m generally skeptical of LEOs, but it was requested of me by a fellow dudette (whose husband is a cop), so…the RedStater obliges. In any event, I stand by it as an ode to the “good cops” out there (and I know quite a few, being an Oath Keeper), but I’ll just as heartily endorse this post by AWD for all the “bad cops”.

On a side note, you raise a good question: What’s the ratio of good cops to bad cops? Again, my perspective is skewed given my participation in Oath Keepers, but your 80/20 split is probably a good guesstimate–at least these days with all the diversity initiatives and whatnot.

Stay safe in [redacted] when the Zimmerman verdict is read!

• Red!!! I’m alive! Unfortunately others in my family are not – it’s been a hard few months.

Police: I’m just not a fan generally, sorry. My friend worked in the court system in albany; the police call it “a self cleaning oven” – meaning they don’t respond to calls until its done.

You want me to respect that? I don’t…

:-* :-* :-*. Take god care!

Boots.

12. You know what, I know my rights too. It’s a DUI Checkpoint, so let the officer do his job.

YAY!!! You got a neat video to put online to make all cops look like assholes….he was polite until the kid started HIS shit…his typical, self absorbed, sense of entitlement bullshit that that generation is into.

That type of behavior is EXACTLY what an inexperienced person that’s TRYING to hide something does. How many times have you heard some jacked up fool w/out two nickels to rub together say “You’ll be hearing from my lawyer”!!! They don’t even have cable, much less an attorney on retainer….

Jesus man, roll down the window…when you don’t smell like weed or booze, you’ll be gone. You bring that shit on yourself when you play chicken with the train like that.

All you have now is a video showing that you’re a smart aleck asshole that probably got beaten up ALOT in High School, because of that mouth.

(-1)
    • Ted, the cop admitted “the kid knows his Constitutional rights” to another cop in the video after he got the kid out of his car. He knew the kid wasn’t drunk. He didn’t like having his thuggish authority challenged. So much that he broke the kids civil and Constitutional rights. And I hope he pays for it.

awd

• Michael T says:

Guess I’m not coming to your Dude-A-Palooza AWD, I would be worried about my safety. Got some real bad asses here lately, not like it was in the beginning.

I’m not giving the cop a pass, and you should know that.

I’ll be lurking, but I doubt if I’ll comment anymore, the neighborhood went to shit.

Michael T

• LoneWolf says:

Your mentality is as precisely insecure as a self-absorbed, thuggish cop…

Cops don’t like their authority challenged… and you… you don’t like your positions challenged. No wonder you lower yourself to such hysterical fits. It’s precisely how the infantile cops behave.

You interpret those that have a completely different opinion concerning the reality of situations like this as “real bad asses”… and that’s because they’ve stood up for their beliefs and against yours… much the same way this kid stood up for his Constitutional rights by voicing a completely different opinion concerning the way this “checkpoint” was being conducted during his individual stop. The cops, likely, interpreted him as a “real bad ass”, too. Why? Because thick insecurity (and thin skin) has no effective way to relate in normal society – other than to immediately construct a wall of defense and portray victimhood.

These “bad asses” are really getting to you, I suppose. Else, you wouldn’t have identified your fellow commentors in such a childish, insecure manner. Victims are, by and large, all the same. The pattern is quite elementary.

In my view… your insecure and laughable behavior is pretty much on par with that of a government funded, badge-wearing tax collector (aka — “cop”).

Don’t want to be a victim? Then simply don’t perceive yourself in such a hideously insecure manner. Don’t like the neighborhood? Then start by cleaning up your corner of it.

Lurk all you want… but I know your type… and I can guarantee that you’ll be commenting.

• bigtimer says:

Wow, you spoke volumes for me LoneWolf. And I don’t pander to anyone, just wanted to say thank you…wished I could be as concise as you were. You hit all the nails on the head.

Good-Night all…catch ya’ll on the other side. ~

• Ted,

Just curious… do you stand with the police on this situation???

• Are you friggin serious? The kid was being a smart aleck asshole???

Here’s a Baptist preacher who was tazed and beaten by the police at a border patrol checkpoint. Was he being a smart aleck asshole too?

Unfrigginbelievable. If you’re not part of the solution, then you’re part of the problem. I’ll bet you think that only police should carry guns too, right? Disregard. I already know the answer.

(-1)
      • Chris H.

Hope the police get their asses sued in that video… unbelievable!

• bigtimer says:

Chris…

I saw that two days back. – Infuriating.

Another thing, I am sick and tired of seeing cops killing owners dogs on a whim. I see that all the time now.

• Celebrate Homogeneity says:

It’s to show the home-owner who is in charge, BT.

What I want to know is: which side will Officer Friendly be on when the Federal government takes off the mask and declares martial law? I guess we will find out by the end of this week or early next.

After seeing the police go door to door confiscating firearms in Nawlinz, I am not optimistic.

• I was recently doing a little research on that same question. Are you aware that it was reported that two thirds of the NO police quit or didn’t show up after the disaster? Mostly they were trying to take care of their own families. The majority of authority on scene was National Guard and volunteer police from other states. In a real national emergency where there aren’t any reserves to draw from, I wonder if we will have any significant police force to speak of? A real SHTF scenario.

• Ted…the whole point is..why do we need these f’ing commie style checkpoints to begin with? We are supposed to be innocent until proven guilty, not the other way around! This bullshit here automatically makes you guilty and you have to prove your innocence to some prick on a power trip who isn’t even a judge. This is not right no matter how you spin it and try to make the kid out to be the bad guy. Again I will say that these things are nothing but a revenue grab for whatever jurisdiction they represent. Its not about safety its about MONEY! If it was about safety they would do this shit all year round. Its the same BS with the red light cameras. Safety my ass! Its all about fine money!

• navydavy says:

Where is Teddy Bear? A one n done no doubt.

BTW

ISLAM SUCKS teddy bear weenies deep fried in pig fat

• That’s the point, we don’t have to blindly bow down to these mini tyrants. We do have rights and as long as we aren’t breaking the law we should retain our rights and not have to be subjected to these abuses of power by some ignorant, meat-headed Nazi wannabe.

13. Whoa whoa whoa.. I thought only black people were harassed by the police… *rolls eyes* LOL

I received similar treatment about 15 years ago in Denton TX and I was in uniform….

14. AFCrewChief says:

Intimidation…stick it up the cops donut eatin asses.

15. It’s long (57 min.) but WELL worth the time to watch.

“Why cops fear SHTF”

• Watch this full hour video and you’ll have zero respect for law enforcement.

Btw… thanks for that link.

• Good link. I had seen this before but still it amazes me. What happened and when? They used to be the most respected citizens in the community.

My wife got a bogus speeding ticket about 5 years ago. We went to court to fight it. It wasn’t physically possible for her to have done what the cop claimed. Sure enough, after hearing the cop testify and looking at a street map, the judge dropped the ticket. But the highlight was when we walked past the cop on our way out of the court room. Under his breath we both heard him say “bitch”. It was like, are you serious? I asked him what he said and all I got was a “You need to leave, sir.” It was more a warning than a courtesy. I lost all respect for our local police that day. Now they frighten me. Isn’t that a sad testament to our current state of affairs?

• Agree completely. Ive been pulled over rarely. But when I am, I am definitely afraid of them. My recent ticket experience being pulled over at around 8 pm coming home after work: the cop calls back up. It took not one, but two, of our finest almost an hour to give me a speeding ticket for going 53 in a 40.

“Protect and Serve” my ass. “Harass and intimidate” is more accurate.

“don’t worry miss everything is fine…your license, insurance, and registration all check out…”. No shit! Give me the ticket already and lets go. Unlike you officer, I’ve got things to do tonight.

16. I was harassed by the police plenty of times when I was young, locked up a lot for public drunk and didn’t even drink, pulled over searched, I’ve been leery of cops ever since, I have a friend that is retired GBI and another that worked as an investigator for dept of corrections and I won’t tell them everything.

• Celebrate Homogeneity says:

I went to a high school that was virtually 100% Jewish. Each day when school let out, we had the usual crowd of cops waiting for the kids with cars to do something (or NOT do something) to justify writing tickets or just harass in general. One team showed up every few days that thought it was fun to scream faux-German “orders” at the passing students. Some of my schoolmates were the offspring of folks who experienced, first-hand, Germany’s little experiment with the New World Order, so you can imagine how this sort of thing went over.

Yessir, so many of us at my school went on to love and respect Los Angeles’s Finest.

• bluffcreek1967 says:

By any chance, was that Fairfax High or Grant High in Van Nuys? If my memory serves me correct, these were the only two high schools in Los Angeles that were mostly Jewish.

• Celebrate Homogeneity says:

Fairfax Hi. I am class of Winter ’67. This may sound like a Henny Youngman joke, but honestly, you brought a note in to the attendance office if you WERE going to be there on Rosh Hashanah and Yon Kippur.

• bluffcreek1967 says:

Yeah, I thought so. I attended Grant High School in the 70s. Although a lot of blacks were bussed in, the school was almost empty on Jewish holidays. Those same high schools, as you probably already know, are now filled to the brim with blacks and Hispanics. The religious Jews, especially the Hasidic Jews who might live in the area, all attend private schools or Yeshivas.

• Celebrate Homogeneity says:

My friends who had children are all out in the San Fernando Valley now, and their grandkids are going to private schools.

17. Checkpoints are soft tyranny and not is getting worse. The Star Chamber hasn’t given any permission to police to do checkpoints, they are blatantly illegal and unconstitutional. Domestic law enforcement slowly pushes the goal line closer under the guise of public safety. Guard your words and actions Big Bro is always around only its a She thing.

18. bluffcreek1967 says:

I’m a cop, and I wouldn’t have done what this officer did. The officer’s entire demeanor was officious and disrespectful. The officer, if I’m correct, didn’t even ask the driver if he had been drinking.

The whole situation could have been avoided by quickly sticking his head a little inside and seeing if he could smell the odor of an alcoholic beverage emitting from the driver’s person and the interior of the car. He could have also looked closely at the driver, and if he knew what he was doing, might have been able to observe some symptoms of intoxication (e.g., bloodshot/watery eyes, slurred speech).

If those weren’t present, I would have thanked the driver and let him go on his way. I don’t know how many DUI arrest this officer has, but I’ve had over 500 DUI arrests, including probably 2000 public intoxication arrests. So, I’m able to catch on to this stuff pretty quickly.

“Things I Tell Cops: Treat Everyone With Respect,” http://www.ambrosekane.com

• I love your site – I visit regularly. You’re one of the great cops. We need more like you.

• I wish more departments had cops with your attitude and professionalism bluff. Here in Florida without fail there is a story in the news about a rotten cop caught committing a crime at least once a month. Sadly, this makes good officers like yourself catch the flack for the rotten apples.

• navydavy says:

You appear as though you are a righteous cop, but sorry to say, I consider LEO an enemy of the state. Btw: nothing heinous in my past other than a few traffic stops.

500 DUI arrests? Do you work in a resort town? LOL

• bluffcreek1967 says:

I wish I did. But after working a big urban city with lots of Mexicans, especially working traffic enforcement the way I have over the years, I’ve arrested a lot of drunks behind the wheel.

500 sounds like a lot, but I know guys who have done much more than that. They specialize in it, and that’s why they (like myself) would not have wasted any time on this guy in the video. The whole thing was overkill.

By the way, if the cop was more professional, he would have at least explained to the motorist why he had went to the lengths he did. A calm and reasonable explanation at the end of such encounters would have went a long way in clarifying things – although I admit that there wasn’t much here that one could justify.

“Things I Tell Cops: Don’t Fully Trust Your Department,” http://www.ambrosekane.com

19. Re the dog-there was a good article in “Reason” magazine last month on the problems with police canines-not as reliable as people would like to think when it comes to “alerting” to suspicious substances-a lot can depend on the handler.
    The handler on this video was prompting the dog.

20. Michael T. You’re in a time out.

• Michael T says:

Thats funny, did you read the first sentence of my comment? My second comment I guess. I said the cop was on a power trip. By the way, I kind of agree with Ted.

• Michael T says:

Oh, I forgot to ask, how long of a time out?

21. rightwingterrorist says:

It must be very difficult to be an Officer in these days if you have even a modicum of integrity.
    I’m sure there has to be some out there, but they must be vastly outnumbered.
    That being said…
    With today’s militiarization of the police force fewer and fewer individuals are being accepted into the ranks who posess such integrity.
    Just about evey encounter I’ve ever had with the police has been an exersize in intimidation, fear, and power.
    Regardless if I’ve committed any wrong doing or not.
    With power comes corruption and a sense of entitlement.
    It seems most enjoy the power trip being able to milk us citizens of our livelyhood, our masculinity, and pride.
    God forbid any one of us is ever forced to have to deal with a black female Officer….from first hand knowledge it is very costly.
    Nonetheless, it is advisable to avoid any contact with the police.
    It truely matters not in this day and age if you’re law abiding.
    @Bluff- You may very well be one of the “good” ones, but you have to take notice that more and more honest folks are becoming very resentful of the heavy handed actions currenty employed by (it seems to have grown over the last several decades) most Officers against those they’re supposed to serve.
    When the people fear the very people who are supposed to protect them…something is very wrong.

22. rightwingterrorist says:

To be certain, with the progression of technology and social media, much more is coming to light than previously reported.
    The police are supposed to be there to protect us, not enforce us.
    Recently, we have witnessed a long train of abuses by those who are supposed to defend against criminality and tyranny.
    Namely quasi-militaristic forces such as the BATF, Customs, ICE, TSA, etc…
    Not to mention a whole plethora of governmental agencies like the IRS, NSA, and the rest of the alphabet agencies.
    The local and state police are really our last line of defence.
    I think they would do well to recognize that they’re quickly becoming grouped with those whom we consider oppressors.
    I also think they should recognize that, increasingly so, it’s not just the miniority populations who believe that they’re the “enemy.”
    Whites also look upon them with mistrust.
    Everyone can feel something big in the air.
    It’s palpable.
    Every single police officer should consider which side of history they wish to be on.

23. Cops fundamentally want to intimidate and don’t like people who know their rights and choose to stand on them. They want everyone to kneel, just like the ckscker in the white house.
    Corruption flows from the top.

24. rightwingterrorist says:

I spent the last 3.5hrs pondering the subject as I went balls out on my J.D. 54″ mower cutting my yard.
    Yep. That’s yard.
    Only urban moisturizers, suburban poofters, and gentrified country pillow biters have lawns.
    Anyhow…
    It seems to me that we, as a society, have more than ample blame in the actions of the police.
    Have we not glorified and idolized the brutality and violence of Cops! instead of the home grown sensibility and fairness of Andy Griffith in Maybury?
    Have we not clammored for more law and order, convictions, and enforcement to the detriment of our own liberties?
    Do we not continiously elect politicians who will happily evicerate our God given rights by passing erroneous legislation like the Patriot Act and NDAA, while we cheer them on as they “protect” us from what is increasingly becoming ourselves in their eyes?
    Do we not applaud a politician that enacts more and harsher laws and penalties to the point that we cannot conduct our every day business without unwittingly committing felonies; instead of repealing laws?
    Have we not privitized our prisons, turning them into defacto slave labor camps, and then allowed the corporations who own them to petetion our lawmakers to institute even more laws to keep said prisons full to capacity and profitable?
    Have we not gleefully went along with the so called war on drugs, along with numerous other wars, when all evidence and history shows such prohibitions only create corruption and an ever widening criminal element?
    Have we not sent decades of police officers to indoctrinate our childern in schools with the recruiting tool of DARE, designed to, over time, select the most maleable, most willing to collaborate, and intelectually weakest into their ranks?
    Have we not become the most incarcerated nation ever on earth?
    Do we even teach Civics in school any more so that budding police have at least a modicum of grounding as to what the rights of individuals are?

I could go on and on.
    Those are just some questions. I don’t claim to have any answers, but really, what are LEO’s supposed to think.
    Could it possibly be that if we, as a whole, peered into a mirror and saw the enemy, and the enemy was us?

25. rightwingterrorist says:

We’ve also been at war for the last decade. Our warriors come home to a demoralized and out of work population.
    They are then shuffled to just about the only job they can find that they have ample experience with.
    No knock raids and kicking in doors.

For your viewing pleasure. Forced blood draws.

No knock raids.

I’m sure this only scratches the surface.

There’s another recent video of a cop freaking out, throwing a citizens papers in his face, and calling said citizen “chicken shit Mofo” before being hauled away by another cop.
    I’d find it, but company just showed up.

26. “Welcome to the new prison called America. Line up and get your ID card out, so I can give you your new lock and bed roll. If the alarm sounds, you are to lock up yesterday!” – Jack Boot

Sound about right?

27. One word: Oath Keepers.

28. Michael T says:

The only thing that I can see that this cop did wrong was, he didn’t get in any ‘stick time’ as we used to call it. In many Latin American countries they just shoot you for being a snot nosed little shit. That little faggot is lucky he didn’t get dragged out of the car and tuned up.

Thank you for your cooperation. LMAO :)

• bigtimer says:

I’m glad you’re not a cop MT…what an attitude you have about all of this.

• navydavy says:

Quoating MT:
        “Ok, I’ve worked DUI check points. It’s real simple, you roll down your window, and let the cop smell inside the car through the window. If he doesn’t smell anything, or see you acting weird, you’re on your way. I understand the kids point, but if you go looking for trouble, you’re going to find it.

Take it for what it’s worth.”

Hey BT, it seams he is a cop or a wanna be.

Either way just another reason why people hate cops.

• Michael T says:

You people are so gullible. I was trying to make a point before, but the masses here totally missed it, and now I’m just trolling. LMAO

@navydavy

I’ve been commenting here since this blog was started five years ago navy man. I’m not a wanna be anything. It’s just funny how people will turn on you here if you have a different point of veiw about something. It’s happened to me before. They will treat you like family until your opinion differs from Bigtimers or her slobbering followers.

Then they threaten you, and want to come to your house. I’m almost tempted to give out my address to see what happens.

Anyway, the only true friend one has is the person in the glass.

Quoting, navy man. No A in quoting.

• bigtimer says:

Nobody has threatened you MT, Chris Was setting a scenario for you with his post and you know.

I asked you a simple question about the what you thought about the constitutionality of the roadblocks and such. – You didn’t answer, instead you wrote your non-answer smart-ass reply to me.

And plenty of others here have a right to state their own opinions, I haven’t been on this thread all day…I don’t sway them one way or the other.

And so what how long you’ve been here…what the hell does that have to do with anything regarding this issue.

You know MT, you get like this about every three or four months, you go off on your tirades, well…have fun. But don’t think others have to take your insults…we don’t. At least I don’t and I won’t.

• Michael T says:

Bullshit, sounded like a threat to me Bigtimer. Keep on threatening me though. Nobody threatens me and gets away with it. Understand? And if someone actually finds out where I live and comes to my house, the f***ing ME will be picking them up.

Piss on your damage control.

• bigtimer says:

MT…you are insane.

• Michael T says:

Great response. To the point, consise, Has everything to do with my comment, and just like you Bigtimer.

• Michael T says:

Bigtimer, ‘The Holy Mother of Moderation.’

That was priceless, thank you RockandRollNole, wherever you are. 😉

• navydavy says:

Game, Set, Match;
          ya got me, Bravo Zulu 😉

So you aren’t a LEO just a net spelling nazi huh?

Wait till I go O. Henry ebonic on ya, yuez woould half a cow coniption.

Spelling Nazi. LOL

Wait till I go O. Henry ebonic on ya, yuez woould half a cow coniption. navy man

Is that a navy thing?

• navydavy says:

yup ur rite databees a nabie thang

Trust that you have a Fine Navy Day.

imaooutahear

• Michael T says:

I will do my best, although there are those who think I’m crazy. I’ve had enough keel hauling for one night.

29. Michael T says:

‘What a beautiful world this will be,
    What a glorious time to be free…’

30. Michael T says:

‘Yes we’re gonna have a wing ding…’

The keyword is survival on the new frontier…

31. @Michael T. Apparently you wouldn’t know a hypothetical scenario if someone wrote “hypothetical scenario” on their hand and smacked you with it. Considering you are none the wiser I suppose you think I want to smack you now. LMAO.

• Michael T says:

Yeah, thats what I think, moron.

• Well cops these days aren’t hired for being the best and brightest (hence the video/article). It is just the opposite. It is for the lack of critical thinking skill and ability to comprehend a document like the constitution they are hired. A bunch of goons to do TPTB’s biding (take money and carry out marching orders). Wait you said you were a cop…… Oh my.

32. Ok, well, that was interesting. Back on topic though.

Just so I understand your position consider this scenario…

I’m driving along peacefully and legally down Mayberry Lane with a basket of goodies I’m taking to Grandmama’s house, when unexpectedly I’m forced to pull over and stop so some uniformed officer can smell inside my car.

And you don’t see anything wrong with that?

P.S. I have never slobbered on BT. At least, I don’t think I have.

33. Folks getting in pi$$in matches, just what the enemies of freedom wants,…divide and conquer”.

34. By the way if you think these thugs won’t ever be at your house let me refer you to the post Boston bombing fiasco. You have no rights or property when they say You don’t.

35. I was going to comment on this but I got distracted by all the interwebz drama. Good times.

36. You guys are all idiots on this board…

(-1)
  37. effedwhiteamerican says:

Why do people hate cops? Because most cops deserve to be hated based upon there behavior. Most cops lack basic empathy and are indifferent to people.
    Cops mistakengly believe they are heroes because they risk there lives everyday? Lifeguards, paramedics, firemen, security guards, teachers in black school districts ,utility workers, high voltage eletricians, construction workers working at high altitudes all risk their lives everyday yet are not considered heroes. The pigs in NJ even have “hero” bumper stickers on their police cars!
    Stastically speaing more security guards, utility workers, commercial fisherman, agricultural workers die on the job every year than do uniformed police officers according to FBI uniform crime stastics.
    Wake up civilians! If it acts like a pig, it is a pig!

38. THEY ARE FOR THE MOST PART BUNCH OF RETARDS WITH LOW IQ, COULD NOT SUCCEED IN THEIR EDUCATIONAL , THEY LOVE WEAPONS AND BLOOD SHED, SO THEY JOIN THE POLICE ACADEMY, TO NURTURE THEIR HOBIES.
    WHAT A WASTE OF TAX PAYERS MONEY ON THESE SCUMBAGS. THEY HIDE LIKE RATS ON THE HIGHWAYS, ALLEYS, STREET TO TICKET CASUAL DRIVERS, SO THEY CAN JUSTIFY THEIR SALARIES AS A FORM OF JOB SECURITY, BUT WHEN THE REAL NEED FOR THEM ARISES, THEY TEND TO SLACK OFF, BECAUSE THEY ARE AFRAID TO CONFRONT THE REAL DANGER.
    STOP B.SING US ABOUT ” PUTTING OUR LIVES ON THE LINE SLOGAN” IF YOUR LIVES ARE NOT WORTHLESS , YOU WOULD NOT BECOME COPS IN THE FIRST PLACE.
    THERE ARE SO MANY COPS IN THE COUNTRY RIGHT NOW MORE THAN WE REALLY NEED, THEY ARE MULTIPLYING EXPONENTIALLY LIKE PARASITES. THATS WHY I HATE COPS……

39. I wish I could see it the cops way,but I have seen first hand how incompetence on their part can change your life forever.One night back in Feb of 1983 a policeman stopped a car that had no proper ins,reg,and a plate that was hanging by a wire.Instead of impounding the car and ticketing the driver,he let the trio go along with a warning.This same trio and car TRIED to rob the michigan national bank the next day and my brother was murdered in the process.I truly wish that the policeman had been taken rather then my brother!I believe he got scared and let the vehicle go!Instead of doing his job, he let them go! Priceless! The guy who had the weapon in the back of the car was ready to shoot the officer,but since he let them all go to commit a bank robbery the next day, he was allowed to live.Hope he sleeps well for the rest of his worthless life!

40. I guess I need to add that I worked under an Ex Cop who was a manager at Dean Transportation of Lansing MI.This man went out of his way to destroy me because I reconized his weaknesses.He had a BLACK complex.Asked me to spy on a newly hired female BLACK employee that just happened to be pregnant.He even asked me to check on how many times she went to the bathroom!I refused to do this mainly because she was a friend of my girlfriend,and because I thought it was wrong!He wanted her gone,maybe because she was black,pregnant,or both!Even though I refused, MY CO-WORKERS were more then willing to please!Its called AT-WILL employment!She was part time.After I was stripped of my 2 week vacation [after 5 years of employment]and terminated,but told I had quit,and then Blacklisted,I guess to show me that EX-cops rule,I really do not have a soft spot for these bastards!I served this country for 6 years, and now have nothing! I have told my family to make sure that my remains get scattered in Canada!So truce to you assholes! Too much wasted because of YOU!

41. If you cops die in the line of duty, THAN THAT BE YOUR DESTINY!SELF CHOSEN AND WITHOUT REMORSE ! YOU CAN TAKE IT UP WITH GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

42. I wanna join

43. John Smith says:

This is easy. I thought everyone hated the cops. Protect and serve has been replaced by “get as much money as you can” and “be a complete asshole because you can”. I have been burglarized 3 times and nothing has happended. No neighbors were questioned. Nothing. Every cop I have ever met on the road has been a complete asshole. Most of them seem uneducated and ignorant. I thought police officers should have at least a high school diploma. A ticket I got had the wrong vehicle. my address was incorrect. They said I talked slow. I do talk slow but I don’t think that is a crime. He said I turned back at the last street to avoid him. I did not see him. I put on my signal so I think that is what is required. I don’t think “trying to avoid someone” is a state law. Another policeman (who was the assistant chief) came and asked me what was going on” and I told him I did not know but he should ask the officer who stopped me. The assistant chief was actually a nice guy. The assistant chief came back a few minutes later and told me I could go. I don’t’ think all police are hated but the numbers are climbing astronomically. If it had not been there, I would have had problems because of this one asshole. The goal these days is collecting money, plain and simple. The officers think because they have a badge they can do as they please and lately they are doing so. I think an inordinate percentage of police officers are no better than the people they are arresting. Most have never been in a position of authority and it shows.

44. your going to build up a record and you wont be able to act so dumb anymore. don’t use sir.

45. Sounds like you have a chip on your shoulder for getting caught doing something wrong.

Hmm.

46. We hate cops, and no matter which uniform they wear, they all deserve little respect, in fact we know why people shoot at cops, it’s the only way to get justice, we filed a law suit against a small Missouri town, where the mayor hired it’s crooked chief of police to threaten and terrorize my family including our two children until we were forced to walk away from the home we owned in order to protect ourselves from continued repeated attacks by the cops and the drug dealers they hired to do their dirty work, our story hasn’t ended yet, we have two cops, two drug dealers and a drunk meth head to pay back before we can say we had justice, and it’s coming.
    Never trust a cop, and don’t waste your time reporting a dirty dishonest pig, the other pigs will circle their wagons protecting the uniform, they don’t care if he or she is a criminal,, that thin blue line hides many a crime.

47. I hate them all,they are Nazi’s

48. cops abusing their power is getting to be an epidemic, when a person has to carry a weapon to protect themselves from the cops, changes need to be made, I to am a angry white man, maybe the good police, if there are any, should police their own group of protected citizens that wear uniforms, the dishonest cops that use their power to inflect terror on others is the real problem, my dad said “if you can’t stand the heat get out of the kitchen” maybe some cops need to get out of the kitchen, the cops we had dealings with, fabricated evidence, lied to the court, recruited thugs to do their dirty work, and they destroyed our family intentionally, their uniform made it all legal, so to any “honest cops” out there, do your job and arrest the criminals that make people hate you, the dishonest prick that wears a uniform and breaks the law, all of you take an oath to protect and serve, no matter what the crime is, any criminal act carried out by a person in uniform should be dealt with as a serious issue, not wait until someone is killed or assaulted.