ALIHU CPAC!

ALIHU CPAC!

AWD always receives a lot of emails and calls from blogger buddies and other friends in conservative media and the Tea Party movement asking if I’ll be in attendance at CPAC. This year was no different. The answer is always “NO!” AWD has never attended CPAC and has no plans to do so. There are a few reasons:

1. Grover Norquist and Suhail Khan – CPAC is hosted by the American Conservative Union, of which Norquist and Khan are Board Members. Norquist and Khan have been linked to the Muslim Brotherhood on several occasions. In AWD’s humble opinion, no patriot, conservative, of conservative organization should attend an event hosted by a group with board members who have close ties to a Muslim terrorist group. Period!

2. CPAC does not allow free speech. Last year’s Bloggers of the Year were Pamela Geller and Robert Spencer. Both of their blogs deal with the threat and danger of Islamic jihad. Geller and Spencer were both told by conservative blogger John Hawkins, hired to work for CPAC, they they could personally accept their awards in person only if they promised not to discuss jihad or criticize Islam! I crap you negative!! Here are the two Bloggers of the Year who won because of the excellence of their blogs in discussing Muslim terrorism and they are not allowed to discuss Muslim terrorism at CPAC! I suppose the Muslim Brotherhood wouldn’t like that.

3. This was allowed to speak yesterday:

mcconnell gun

Maybe he brought the gun to shoot any real conservatives who showed up. That Mitch McConnell is invited year after year to lie and act tough (he needed to bring a gun this year) shows the futility of attending CPAC for conservatives.

Oh, Chris Christie received a standing @#&*ing ovation. Say no more!

4. Politician and celebrity worship – Hey, you can stand in line for two hours to get your picture taken with Mark Levin! Want Rand Paul’s autograph? You can post it on Face Book and everyone will think you’re important! I’ve never understood the adulation politicians receive from conservatives. Because they are only politicians. Which basically means they are in it for themselves and the riches they receive from elected office. How often do we see a politician leave office because someone else might be better for the job? Ask Texas Congressman Ralph Hall who turns 92 this year and has been in Congress since the 70’s!

Politicians work (or should!) for us! And they do a pretty crappy job by nearly every measurement. So to listen to Mitch McConnell talk about all the grandiose things he’ll do if the Repubs win the Senate makes me ill. To give 2nd Amendment and illegal immigration squish Chris Christie a standing ovation makes me Ralph (not Hall). We’ve been down the road before of listening to political speeches full of “we need to’s” and “we have to’s.” The Repubs will do nothing except appease the Democrats and spend money on useless wars and big corporations if they win the Senate. But they WILL NOT defund or repeal ObamaCare. Don’t believe that hype!

5. The mutual ass-kissing/backstabbing – It’s disgusting to see the fakery that goes on at these events by attendees. The egos and greed of trying to get ahead reduces many attendees to pseudo-politicians!

Know this, most national Tea Party organizations despise each other. They are all competing for the same donated dollars and media time. Many bloggers go to CPAC to kiss the asses of larger bloggers trying to gain some kind of recognition. There are very few large conservative blogs, in AWD’s opinion, who tackle the tough issues. Most are as politically correct as Huffington Post and scared of their shadows! Well, they wouldn’t want to actually report the truth and be labeled racist, homophobic, Islamaphobic, sexist, take-your-pick by their supposed ideological enemies on the left! Let them all kiss their own asses! AWD is taking his son pig hunting.

Don’t get me wrong, AWD would enjoy hanging out with some of the bloggers and people I respect that I don’t see very often. We’ve had a lot of fun and accomplished some good things together over the years. But the reasons listed above are why AWD will not attend CPAC this year or any time in the future. I have never been very good at kissing asses and don’t like not being able to look at myself in the mirror. And I will never support anything or anyone who is in bed with the Muslim Brotherhood!

Here is Frank Gaffney discussing Norquist and his ties to the Muslim Brotherhood:

1. Well said, AWD.

2. inagadadavida says:

Pretty much goes along with what I’ve been hearing. From what I’m getting they aren’t allowing “panels” or some such (how the hell ever it works) for illegal immigration, foreign policy, or pro-life issues, among others. This from a lady I know who drove up to attend and is sending a constant Facetoob stream of “pics with…” which confirms your thing about celebrity worship.

Bigtimer seems to have heard a little different. Ann Coulter was on the toob railing on CPAC, and I heard that some folks were not allowed to attend (sh*t, short memory! who?).

Bitch McDongle? If he’s speakin’, I ain’t listenin’. Showing off the modified improved matchlock while failing to realize that the colonists were, and the Founders intended us to remain, better armed than the army.

• Nah…this is what you posted and what I replied to:

“Totally off-topic, but I had to put it somewhere- I know a couple of people who are at CPAC and they’re saying that you can’t talk about illegal immigration, pro-life, foreign policy, or a host of other issues. What the hell is going on?”

And what I stated was the info from your friends are wrong…those topics have been discussed via various speeches and panels. I’ve watched a lot of CPAC, do every year…still watching it now. In fact, two panels today have talked about illegal immigration and foreign policy…gun control was an earlier panel this morning too.

Pro life has been mentioned many, many times too.

I was only replying because I’ve watched a lot of it.

3. AA++ On this article
    republicans in IL. last year had the chance to get a conceal carry bill last year that would have been exelent They caved Republicans had the democraps by the balls and let go

4. inagadadavida says:

Ps- if the right wing showed up in America today, people would sh*t. That’s half the problem. There’s no one out “on the fringe” to do a reverse Overton window on the statists, either. Crisp Crispy got a standing ovation? WTH he’s to the left of JFK! People do not know what “conservative” is today.

More like the CRAP convention…

5. Turtle head Mitch actually presented someone a rifle, and it didn’t jump out of his hand and start killing everyone in sight? Wow.

I guess that old Turtle head is up for re-election in ’14, or he would never dare touch something as icky as a firearm.

6. I wonder if I would be considered a Conservative blogger?? I don’t blame you AWD…I wouldn’t go if they paid me. I told that party to bite me over a year ago. I love that Kristy Kreme line, “Our ideas are better than their ideas.” No….Mr. governor of the people’s republic of NJ, there is no difference between their ideas and your ideas. WTF did CPAC invite that RINO fat fuk to speak anyway????? They have truly lost their collective marbles.

7. Worse than that, CPAC is getting to be as bad as NR about purges.

8. Rand Paul full speech at CPAC 2014

Rand openly questions the Constitutionality of the current police state.

9. A pink plastic bubble gun would have been the weapon for him.

10. ThisObamaNation says:

Must See Video

Rand Paul Sounds The Alarm At CPAC 21014.

Rand Paul Calls A Spade A Mother Fricken Shovel!

Directly Accuses Obama Of Shredding Our Constitution And Attacking Our Civil Liberties. Calls On American Citizens To Take A Stand Against The Imperial Presidency.

• Rand Paul is about the only one who spoke the truth at that poltical theater…. Christie and Rubio made me want to puke and that traitor from Wisconsin Paul Ryan should have been carried out on a stretcher while soldiers spit on him

11. What a freaken joke CPAC has become…. its about as real as the WWE

The whole thing was infested with RINO’s who should have been declared persona non grata

12. this year at CPAC was extremely dissappointing………….it was loaded with rinos…….who the hell asked that piece-of-sh!t, Mitch McConnel, to speak at CPAC……..

things don’t look good for us at all……..it looks like business as usual……..been hearing about a coming civil war…….it won’t hapen just yet but that time is coming and then those that plan on business as usual will get what is coming to them…..that day is coming……..

13. Snake Oiler says:

Conservatives shoot themselves in the foot by imagining they are too good to underwrite an agenda, even when they are, in fact, losing the country. Contrary to popular belief, we did not win the Cold War. We lost it. It was, in effect, “death by a thousand cuts,” as the saying goes, otherwise known as “slow dicing” — which is to say, institutionalizing small, ultimately negative, changes incrementally, some not perceived as particularly objectionable at the time.

Remember, for example, when all homosexuals said they wanted was to be left alone? When the black singers of Motown fame showed respect for their audiences; acknowledged applause graciously; and only craved full assimilation into the American Dream?

So, when did “gays” manage to impose graphic, homosexual lessons on grade-school classrooms, give the boot to concepts about traditional marriage, and arrange for houses of worship to go broke defending themselves from conducting same-sex“marriage” ceremonies?

And just how did a long-overdue civil rights movement devolve into a cultural morass awash in vulgarity and a 75-percent illegitimacy rate?

Even civil rights advocate Bill Cosby — one of America’s greatest comedians and African-American success stories — was moved to comment on the irony in a speech to the NAACP in 2004.“This is not what we marched for,” he said.

What happened is that leftist organizers established shell organizations, infiltrated existing institutions, and bought management companies — all with the idea of paying people to purvey its agenda.

The old Soviet Union may have imploded, technically, but the Marxist Left is alive and well, and did its damage well before Barack Obama came on the scene.

14. Alexandra says:

It seems to me that all these groups for this and that don’t really *want* their problems solved. Why? Because the fact that their particular issue is ongoing ensures some money coming in.

That’s kind of the same mindset I’m seeing here. Come to schmooze with the celebrities and look important…and the same problems will still be there. Just keep donating!

15. DJ Mike in IL says:

Not saying that the issues of abortion & homosexual faux-marriage weren’t brought up at all by individual speakers, but did the Rove-Republican CPAC organizers allow panels on those topics? According to this article, those topics were verboten:

16. misterbill says:

Did y’all read what McConnell had to say about the Tea Party today??

17. Pingback: MCCONNELL'S VOW TO "CRUSH TEA PARTY" PROVES REPUBLICAN LEADERSHIP IS DISEASED - Angry White Dude

18. AWD’s reasons sited are why we will lose the next presidential election. I am a staunch conservative. I love me some Tea Party. ALL Republicans are RHINOS! So who represents me? No One!

19. You failed to mention rubio supporter rino fraud palin..